Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Archive Hellraiser

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Reserva Privada Kosher Kush

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Pineapple207

Pineapple207

Looking for peoples experience smoking or growing a few OG strains. I've heard some good things about Archive seeds but theyre descriptions aren't very... descriptive. Also rare dankness but have heard that their quality has slipped since going international, wondering about the truth of this, would it be worth waiting till I visit colorado to get their US breed stock? I heard some rumors of issues with their spain stock. Anyway the strains I'm considering are,
From Archive: Casper OG, Rudboi OG, and Hellraiser.
From Rare dankness: Lee Roy, Rug burn, Scotts and I feel like I'm forgetting one.
Sin city looks good but I'm not looking for a berry taste/smell, I want OG funk/ earthiness/ fuel/ pine/ and citrus.

N

nightmarecreature

I would use Archive or Sin City. From personal experience Sin City has dank and is very affordable. I bought 30 packs of RD beans when they were all US breed stock. Their plants potency wise, had no bang but the smells and yield were good.

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
I vote for the Casper. I've tried some really nice flowers of them the other day that represented OG nicely.

Pineapple207

Pineapple207

Thanks nightmare, that makes enough times that I've heard that to make me want to stay away from them. What would you suggest from archive? I was looking at Casper, I've sen other people say the same as justblazen. Thanks for the input guys. Oh and what would you recomend from sin city?

N

nightmarecreature

I think it depends on what youre looking for. If youre looking for OG, go for the Casper(Ghost og),Faceoff,Hellrasier(Fire og), Valley girl.

Sin City, I found a keeper in the Galactic Jack. Its a little racy, just a warning if its not your thing. The Blue Power is decent, I just didnt find a keeper but all the phenos were lemon berry. The Sin City og hybrids, Ive seen good phenos but those ones werent my finds.

Pineapple207

Pineapple207

I am looking for OG so I think I'll go with archive. Which of the three would you recomend? I like fuel earth, pine and lemon for og smells the best. I'm not a fan of sweet fruity smells, I prefer sour. I think that's what puts me off from a lot of the sin city strains, most have some degree of blueberry or other berry smell, at least from many reports I've seen.

N

nightmarecreature

Then go with the Faceoff, Valley girl or Hellraiser. My Ghost doesnt have any Lemon to it, but I also might have a different Ghost cut.

Pineapple207

Pineapple207

How would you describe ghost og? Just curious because it seems to be one of the more original cuts but I can't really find anything about it's smell other than that it smells like an og, which doesn't help that much because there's a range of smells across the cuts and crosses. Not having lemon isn't the end of the world as long as there's still pine, fuel, or earthiness.

Puffntuff

Puffntuff

My socal master kush has all three flavors and smells your talking about. The pine is kinda lacking but the lemon is overpowering. Good luck on the search.

Pineapple207

Pineapple207

I've heard good things about SoCal master kush but I'm in the northeast so no clones of that for me and I haven't been overly interested in many of it's crosses. I had some of what I think was a Dutch brand master kush and it was pretty good so i imagine the SoCal cut must be really great be ause I've heard it's far better.

Puffntuff

Puffntuff

It's not the same parentage. There is no masterkush in the SoCal master kush. The SCMK is a sister of og kush I think. It grows very similar to the og just produces more and hits a little stronger to me.

kgp

kgp

How would you describe ghost og? Just curious because it seems to be one of the more original cuts but I can't really find anything about it's smell other than that it smells like an og, which doesn't help that much because there's a range of smells across the cuts and crosses. Not having lemon isn't the end of the world as long as there's still pine, fuel, or earthiness.
Ghost smells like pine sol. Cleaning supplies.

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
It's not the same parentage. There is no masterkush in the SoCal master kush. The SCMK is a sister of og kush I think. It grows very similar to the og just produces more and hits a little stronger to me.
Really? I've always thought Socal Master Kush was more Kushy and similar to Bubba Kush than an OG. Maybe there are a few different cuts going around. You have any pics of yours? The one I grew out was on the stout side and vegges slowly like Bubba...

Pineapple207

Pineapple207

Oh well pinesol is agood smell too. I may go with Casper as I've seen more reports on it and they were all good.

Oh ok, I wasn't sure about the parentage on SoCal master kush, i just assumed it might have had a pre Dutch mk in it or that it was the pre Dutch non crossed one. Now that you say that though I think I remember people saying they thought it had bubba in it because they were fairly similar.

N

nightmarecreature

The real Ghost is ginger ale + citrus + Kush pine-sol. This is described on Kindreview and by Orgnkid himself on Overgrow back in the day.

Orgnkid just passed out a Ghost cut, but it doesnt seem to be the original. Im skeptical when something gets described 8 years ago and then it suddenly changes.

Just go with any pure og, you cant go wrong. Many of these OGs are so close, its all subjective.

Reactions: 313
kgp

kgp

The real Ghost is ginger ale + citrus + Kush pine-sol. This is described on Kindreview and by Orgnkid himself on Overgrow back in the day.

Orgnkid just passed out a Ghost cut, but it doesnt seem to be the original. Im skeptical when something gets described 8 years ago and then it suddenly changes.
He's a legend in my eyes for sure. A contributing member that gives to the community.

With that said, looking at his Instagram pics, his ghost looks nothing like mine that I was passed by an old hippie who has had a verified cut for many years.

A friend of mine was gifted one of the recent releases and we both agree that my cut kills it. His May yeild a bit more.

I have to agree with you.

N

nightmarecreature

Yes, he is Legend! His Banana OG is the same old legit cut, same with the Blackberry. Poor guy needs leg braces to walk.

Pineapple207

Pineapple207

Thanks for the input, yeah I also was leaning ghost because it was associated with Orgnkid, I wasn't around in the Internet heyday of overgrow and the like but I've heard/ read the stories.

Puffntuff

Puffntuff

Mine does lean way closer to the bubba side except for the flavor. Vegges so slow grass grows faster.

Pineapple207

Pineapple207

Do you think Casper would complement an OG kush x northernlights #2 cross I have? It's the lone survivor of some seeds I got from a semi retired NorCal grower, I'm 90% certain the og is a cut from the 90's/early 2000's as he has other strains from that era and made the cross in 08 before sort of retiring. Anyway I've wanted to make crosses and bx's of it but want something that is as close to pure og as I can get, and many such offerings haven't seemed appealing, either because of stability or poor reviews.

Top Bottom