Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Blueberry

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • RQS Critical

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
karolanne

karolanne

So, knowing that I haven't grown in 20 years, so I'm starting all over, forgot most of the facts, should I germinate my Bubblegum Pro, my Blueberry or my RQS Critical?

Use the vote buttons.

Thanks.

iffey

iffey

If the seeds are 20 years old, I'd start 1 of each and see if they are still viable. If they are, 20 years ago there were no fem seeds so regs.. better than even chance that at least 1 will will be a girl.. 20 year old seeds, males would be welcomed for breeding...

AND, clone any and all that germ and successfully grow. Old genetics!

karolanne

karolanne

If the seeds are 20 years old, I'd start 1 of each and see if they are still viable. If they are, 20 years ago there were no fem seeds so regs.. better than even chance that at least 1 will will be a girl.. 20 year old seeds, males would be welcomed for breeding...

AND, clone any and all that germ and successfully grow. Old genetics!
Hey, that would be awesome, but when I said I haven't grown in 20 years, I didn't mean the seeds are 20 years old, unfortunatly. They are about 5 years old. I gave some and the person told me they germinate well. so they are still good.

At this point, I don't trust my knowledge and ability enough to start one of each. I want to start only one and see if I succeed or if I kill the baby :(

iffey

iffey

Start 'it/them' in a shot glass with tap water until first sign of the seed cracking an you can see the whiteness of the emerging tap root.
ASAP put that seed into tray/dish 'inside' folded paper towel soaked with tap water and wait for smallest tap root to appear.
Then bury in soil/media about 1 inch deep. I use a clear 16oz solo cup with a 1 inch hole drilled in the bottom and sprayed inside with water for a humidity dome covering that spot where the seed was buried. In a couple days you will have 'poppage' and will be able to see tiny first leaf. Keep humidity cup in place, once a day respray inside of the cup for added humidity and dont forget some water from above for the germing seed. Keep the cup in place for a couple/few days until green leaves are visible before you completely take the cup away. AND moving air (fan/wind) will dry out that baby quickly. I keep feeding straight tap water for about 3 week or until she/it look sad and then 1/4 or 1/3 nut strength (300-400 ppms).

Loosing seeds to inexperience is gonna happen, seeds are plentiful these days on the web. Running out only occurs if you run out of $$ to buy them.

karolanne

karolanne

Start 'it/them' in a shot glass with tap water until first sign of the seed cracking an you can see the whiteness of the emerging tap root.
ASAP put that seed into tray/dish 'inside' folded paper towel soaked with tap water and wait for smallest tap root to appear.
Then bury in soil/media about 1 inch deep. I use a clear 16oz solo cup with a 1 inch hole drilled in the bottom and sprayed inside with water for a humidity dome covering that spot where the seed was buried. In a couple days you will have 'poppage' and will be able to see tiny first leaf. Keep humidity cup in place, once a day respray inside of the cup for added humidity and dont forget some water from above for the germing seed. Keep the cup in place for a couple/few days until green leaves are visible before you completely take the cup away. AND moving air (fan/wind) will dry out that baby quickly. I keep feeding straight tap water for about 3 week or until she/it look sad and then 1/4 or 1/3 nut strength (300-400 ppms).

Loosing seeds to inexperience is gonna happen, seeds are plentiful these days on the web. Running out only occurs if you run out of $$ to buy them.
I have a dome and a heat pad. Should I place the cup in the dome with the heat pad at the bottom?

iffey

iffey

I gave up the heating pa first time i used it.. as long as the water is at room temps (70s) the heating pad is over kill. Shot glass->seed cracks-> paper towel (optional)-> into media/dirt and put dome in place.. yes, after seed is sowed into your grow media/dirt, dome-humidity.. I'm not a fan of the heating pad.

Top Bottom