Which organic soil and nutes??

• Thread starter iamachavvy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iamachavvy

Looking to do my next grow organic.
Just seeing what soil people are using and what nutes people use alongside it.
Any info appreciated!
:animal0012:

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Look into Roots Organic Line lots of breeders and growers seem to recommend it pretty highly.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

No nutes here!! just a slightly ammended soil mix,w/some extra goodies on the bottom and top dressing along the way as well as some ACT teas a few times,straight R/O water the rest!!

I

iamachavvy

Does anyone rate the Bio-Bizz products??

Would Bio-Bizz All Mix or Bio-Bizz Light-Mix be better to grow with??

S

Shredder

Looking to do my next grow organic.
Just seeing what soil people are using and what nutes people use alongside it.
Any info appreciated!
:animal0012:

There are lots of ways to grow organically, but I think the holy grail would be using living soil that you have made/sourced yourself. How to get there? Well easier than you might think. You get microbes and hummus from ewc/compost, I feel the highest quality is DIY. Add that to whatever soil you have, make sure it is light and fluffy with good drainage. If the soil is not amended, then amend with a meal mixture, or even easier with espoma tone dry organic fertilizer (it's full of meals). Then top dress and compost/ewc teas for additional boosts along the way.

Believe me this might sound complicated but it is a shortcut, cause you will be here eventually.

The trouble with bottled nutrients for me, is your bypassing the soil food web. It can go well, or it can blow up with you wondering what went wrong. With a living soil it just seems to breeze along with out those mysterious lockouts, and deficiencies..... Whatever you try good luck.......shredder

A

Alien

Supporter
There are lots of ways to grow organically, but I think the holy grail would be using living soil that you have made/sourced yourself.

Great advice. Living soil is the key...critical point for anyone looking to have a highly successful first organic soil crop.

I use Roots Organics soil and begin inoculating from day 1 of veg. Adding mycorrhizae is very helpful when transplanting babies. It can also be watered in for the first couple weeks if you want to go overboard. EWC & Compost teas are a great way to get your soil rocking and keep it living.

Also...there is an incredible product called Sea Green from Primordial Solutions. I use it from early veg all the way to flush. 1ml per gallon, and it is the most alive product I have ever seen in a bottle. This addition to my feeding regimen allows for better nutrient uptake and maximum yields without lockup or burn. It will be difficult to find out of the NorCal/Oregon area, but if you can locate it, GET IT...you will not be disappointed. Amazing stuff.

Believe me this might sound complicated but it is a shortcut, cause you will be here eventually.

This is absolutely true.

A

Alien

Supporter
To answer your nutrient question...

In addition to the inoculated Roots Organic Soil, I use:

VEG:
Botanicare Pure Blend Pro ORGANIC Grow
Liquid Kelp
Great White (Mycorrhizae)
EM-1 (Microbial Inoculant)
Primordial Solutions Sea Green
EWC/Compost Teas

*I also foliar feed with kelp often

BLOOM:
Botanicare Pure Blend Pro ORGANIC Bloom
Liquid Bone Meal (0-12-0)
Earth Juice Hi-Brix Molasses
Fossilized Seabird Guano
Micronutrients (once ever 4 weeks)
EM-1 (Microbial Inoculant)
Primordial Solutions Sea Green
EWC/Compost Teas

That's it...keep it simple with living soil.

Dunge

Dunge

I pulled together a super soil based on readings in this forum.

I'm having trouble believing that this soil will carry them to harvest without some additions.

B

Bamboocha

My next grow will be with BioCanna, but Bio-Rhizotonic is out of stock, so can you give me alternative product ?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
5 bucks a bag at lowes

7cdd14f2-c381-4cfa-965a-858da2443c22_300.jpg

Good stuff in there

C

CT Guy

Do you also use it? If so, is it truly just water and that is it?

MH

I use Tera Vita LC-10+7 and seaweed extract and ProTekt when I water, though I confident my plants would be healthy and happy even without it. I do the occasional aerated compost tea application (maybe 2x in veg?), and that's it. Didn't see any deficiencies, and even got the plant up to 116F for 5 hours in my tent when I screwed up! Plants were a little burned, but completely recovered!

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Damn, I use Age Old Organics and FFOF. I keep my grows simple and easy. I also use AO on the Farm with my citrus & palm trees, and all vegg & fruiting plants. .02.. Could not be easier ime.

I believe Waayne, which is an amazing grower, uses AO also with Roots Org. soil mix,I could be wrong, but i thought I remember him using those, too.

OGONLY

OGONLY

I threw 2 bags of Roots Organics soil in a 70 gallon res. Bought a bunch of those boxed ammendments. Such as, fish bone meal, blood meal, dried seaweed, alfalfa, Fox Farm bat guano 0-5-0, sea bird guano pellets (10-10-2 I believe), some shrimp/ peat compost, chicken manure compost, green sand, Espoma lime, sulp o mag, and about 20% EWC. There are a few I'm forgetting I'm sure.

I made sure I didn't over do it on things such as blood meal, lime, and others that can burn the plants if used in too high concentration. I transplanted my 2 foot tall SFV OG, Banana Kush, and Sour Deisel into it June 1. I did not let the soil mix "cook" for a week or 3 like some recommend.

I had no issues and my plants are beasts right now. All went straight into flower (although it seemed to be a slow flowering response) and are really starting to stink up my yard. I have been watering with either straight R/O, R/O mixed with Liquid Karma at 1 tsp/gal, R/O with Neptunes Harvest fish and seaweed, or R/O and molassas at 1 tsp/gal.

My girls are dark green and super happy. Haven't had any yellowing issues, nor have there been any signs of burning. I am also running another Sour D, a WIFI and a Fire Alien next to these. They are in straight Fox Farm Ocean Forrest. I have noticed yellowing in these plants. I ammended with Guano, EWC, and even broke down and bought some Buddah Bloom the other day. Kind of disappointed with myself about that actually lol. They appear to be darkening up nicely. They sure do fricking reak!!!

Have 5 inside (3 Banana Kush 2 SFV OG) that are on day 14 of bloom with the same home made soil mix. So far so good! Not 1 yellow leaf, and little nubs already. Can't wait to taste the difference between organic soil and nicely flushed coco!

C

chillsmoker

Ive previously used foff and coco mix and then used the humboldt nutrients natural line up, ran it for trainwreck, red diesel, and grand daddy purp, everything turned out really well

did of a run of supersoil not too long ago, but if you use RO, adding the cal mag in powdered form is key otherwise you will not have the true living soil by adding cal mag in, thats the biggest thing i would emphasize on. other than that, nice stuff. but i would lean towards the humboldt route, I just prefer to dose out the nutes and give it what it needs when it needs it in each stage lol,

Top Bottom