White Fluff Inside Buds Question

• Thread starter Parisdude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Parisdude

Hi all,

I have finished my second ever grow, some Vanilla Kush and Red Diesel that seem to have come out nicely. Now, while drying, I pried open one bunch of buds forming a top cola and discovered some very discrete spots of white fluff in areas squeezed between two buds. Really small spots, no smell or anything. Grey mold starting points? So small I can't really get good pictures.

Thanks for all info!

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

extremely hard to tell without a picture but sounds like mold
how did you go about drying it?

P

Parisdude

Hanging upside down in the grow tent, well manicured. Fan going at full speed, no source of damp. Pretty ideal conditions, really. And the fuzzy stuff is really small, like white dots when I pulled apart two buds.

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

relative humidity, closed to if not the most important thing to maintain in check while drying

ZONER

ZONER

If its powdery mildew maybe a hydrogen Peroxide rinse might help ????? Don't just do it because I said it.....ha, any of you top shelf growers out there have an opinion on this ?

But a picture would really help.....hey where did I hear that before ?

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
If its powdery mildew maybe a hydrogen Peroxide rinse might help ????? Don't just do it because I said it.....ha, any of you top shelf growers out there have an opinion on this ?

But a picture would really help.....hey where did I hear that before ?
I'm not sure about top shelf grower but imo I wouldn't what's done is done either make quiso or blast that with a super fine screen I.can't remember what size but inhaling any mould is bad and it sounds like bud rot setting in due to temp drop and rh spike

P

Parisdude

It's not powdery mildew IMHO - its not on the leaves, but inside the bud ... or between two buds pressed against each other to be precise. Which makes me think of grey mold. But really small and white, three specks of hairy

Checked this morning, its not spreading.

RH = 45% and falling - there is no source of humidity in the tent, and the fan is going full speed. There has been no temp drop as the tent is in my living room and has had constant temp all along.

Will try to get a photo uploaded.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
PM can only infect living plant tissue, therefore what you're observing cannot be PM.

If you suspect bud rot, push on it, lift it. If it crumbles or comes away very easily then it's beginning to mold. Cut away the infected parts and spray very lightly with isopropyl to kill any fruiting bodies and hopefully any spores as well.

P

Parisdude

This is the stuff I was talking about. A speck of white fluff enveloping some pistils in the upper right part of the photo. Do I really need to treat my darling sparkling buds with isopropyl ...?

FYI I had an attack of grey mold on a top cola two week before harvest. I put a plastic bag over it cut it and crossed my thumbs for the rest of the ladies, upping temp and lowering RH. Nothing reappeared.

/parisdude

IMG 2261
gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
It's mold man no doubt about it if you had mold before ad see this now why would you question what it is. I wouldn't smoked that or sell it I would pitch it all unless you make an extraction with it

P

Parisdude

First of all I'm not selling anything.. strictly for own consumption. And are you telling be to ditch my whole harvest (6 plants) for this speck of fluff? Would you? Really?

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I wouldn't ditch whole harvest but everything around the mold

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

First of all I'm not selling anything.. strictly for own consumption. And are you telling be to ditch my whole harvest (6 plants) for this speck of fluff? Would you? Really?

i wouldnt pitch the whole harvest but i would definatly toss the contaminated stuff as it is unsafe for consumption

however chances are if you had it all in the same room and are blowing a fan on it that the spores will travel and affect neighbooring plants and buds, separate at the very least the contaminated sections from the not contaminated ones and hope for the best. once you finish the hanging process do wash the tent and all equipment with peroxyde and bleach to avoid future contamination of a new crop.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I would pitch anything with it or near it and then keep it strictly personal if I had to I honestly don't ducked.with mold at all I had an outdoor go moldy on.my and just threw it in the fire

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I would pitch anything with it or near it and then keep it strictly personal if I had to I honestly don't ducked.with mold at all I had an outdoor go moldy on.my and just threw it in the fire
I had about 2p in a tote going to the trash and a friend took it and smoked it. Yuck

Top Bottom