White Light Or Red Light? Is It Important For Grow Light?

• Thread starter Demi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Demi

Demi

I found that the light color of the grow light that I bought is white, which is very different from other grow light in Amazon, is it important for a grow light?
If you are interested in it, here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDLRYLM

61PdULtJznL._SL1000_.jpg

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

I found that the light color of the grow light that I bought is white, which is very different from other grow light in Amazon, is it important for a grow light?
If you are interested in it, here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDLRYLM

61PdULtJznL._SL1000_.jpg
Hey Demi, here's a good read for you, should answer alot of questions.

https://californialightworks.com/light-spectrum-and-plant-growth/

Also thats a smaller led, probably good for starting beans and early veg but to flower, i would get something bigger.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

CLW meh.

Cannabis only needs ~ 20% reds between 600-630nm for flowering. The rest should be either neutral white or cool white, depending on whether you are growing sats or indica dom strains

Read this

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

CLW meh.

Cannabis only needs ~ 20% reds between 600-630nm for flowering. The rest should be either neutral white or cool white, depending on whether you are growing sats or indica dom strains

Read this

Im not saying california lightworks are good leds or to buy one, i have no idea because ive never seen one or used one, but either way thats a good read.

Demi

Demi

CLW meh.

Read this

Thank you for your reply, you are all so nice!

Demi

Demi

And what about the LED chips, some chip can only produce one color, red or blue; while this grow light's each chip mixes the red light and blue light, such different design is a matter? which one is better?

I am not sure, the seller I bought grow light from said that their design make a uniform spectrum.
71eod%2B42I8L._SL1000_.jpg

Demi

Demi

grow light with white light, led chips with mixing red light and blue light, very different from others, but it is much better?

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Have both type of LED`s in my grow room. The plants under the white LEDs grow bigger then the same plants under the red/blue LEDs. The difference is noticeable, not great.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I have a full spectrum CoB and some white CoB lights, the plants under the white lights grow bigger but the plants under the full spectrum are stickier, stinkier and more potent.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Believe my white COB lights are full spectrum. Have grown my most potent buds under it. Gave an oz. to my oldest son. He called a couple days later and said this was my strongest strain yet and to keep it up.

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

I have a full spectrum CoB and some white CoB lights, the plants under the white lights grow bigger but the plants under the full spectrum are stickier, stinkier and more potent.
I got the same result, mixing cree cobs with full spectrum cob's bigger, sticker, stinkier,

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Basically white falls into 3 categories

Cool White (CW)
Warm White (WW)
Neutral White (NW)

unless you are talking high quality chips, there's no telling what their individual actual spectrum is

So you want to rely on companies who grow cannabis, not some carpetbagger lieing about their products

Plant/bud looks can be very deceiving. You would want actual dry bud analysis to get closer to the truth

Demi

Demi

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Basically white falls into 3 categories

Cool White (CW)
Warm White (WW)
Neutral White (NW)

unless you are talking high quality chips, there's no telling what their individual actual spectrum is

So you want to rely on companies who grow cannabis, not some carpetbagger lieing about their products

Plant/bud looks can be very deceiving. You would want actual dry bud analysis to get closer to the truth

That will be a good consideration. We should see full aspects of one thing. While I saw the spectrum in the product page, I think the seller is telling good information to buyers!

Top Bottom