White Light Or Red Light? Is It Important For Grow Light?

• Thread starter Demi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

It is all about photons and less about color IMO. White light is great for broad then target with red and blue to increase efficacy. Cannabis wants a lot of red light in the 660nm range but blue is the powerhouse in terms of energy and shouldn't be ignored. White light provides both but also wasted spectra as well. While the plant may use some green and amber, not enough to think only white light would justify using COBs in one color, but again, my opinion.

Last edited:
Demi

Demi

It is all about photons and less about color IMO. White light is great for broad then target with red and blue to increase efficacy. Cannabis wants a lot of red light in the 660nm range but blue is the powerhouse in terms of energy and shouldn't be ignored. White light provides both but also wasted spectra as well. While the plant may use some green and amber, not enough to think only white light would justify using COBs in one color, but again, my opinion.

Wow, that is great! Are you the expert of grow light? I think you have professional knowledge about grow light. What do you think of the grow light sell in Amazon, have you ever try? I like your share!

Homesteader

Homesteader

@Demi Not a pro, just a DIYer. I don't know enough to tell you whether it is of good quality or not but I would assume they are okay but probably not cutting edge. I would certainly look into quantum boards though. They are made of quality components using Samsung medium powered emitters and are fairly low heat.
COBs are great for growers to build because of their price and ease but both these options require some basic skill.

SatansTaint

SatansTaint

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Basically white falls into 3 categories

Cool White (CW)
Warm White (WW)
Neutral White (NW)

unless you are talking high quality chips, there's no telling what their individual actual spectrum is

So you want to rely on companies who grow cannabis, not some carpetbagger lieing about their products

Plant/bud looks can be very deceiving. You would want actual dry bud analysis to get closer to the truth
Do you know what a carpetbagger even is?
Because that is an awfully strange put down , sounds like you are just trying to use big words .

Top Bottom