White Master Kush in Coco, CO2, Dual-Arc, 3rd Grow Log!

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Hello Farmers! Not too much new going on with the White Master Kush. I have had my attention on the flowering plants this last week and probably should have started my LST just a little sooner than I did. Basically I have just been keeping them watered and fed properly, H&G has great recommended rates for their base and additives in veg, just don't listen to them for flowering. One thing I have notices that was not the case with my last two runs is that the bottom of the 2 gallon bags are starting to stay a little more saturated than I would like. I don't mind the media being saturated, coco holds so much air that even at full saturation there is more than enough air for the plant. What bothers me is the roots are now growing through the fabric and getting air pruned outside the bag, the way my smart pots used to work. It's not terrible, but it means that at transplant I will have to break a ton of roots and it also leaves my roots exposed to pathogens and pests that they would be semi-sheilded from if they were being pruned inside the bag. Anyways, ignoring that, everything is going perfectly and exactly how I had hoped so far with these girls, and I don't really consider that a huge problem! Tonight I did the first round of LST by tying over the main trunk to one side of the bags. Tomorrow I will increase the severity of that bend and then begin twist tying the other branches down to spread them evenly as I did with the WiFi and White Urkle. Hopefully these girls will be ready to go under the 1000w Dual Arc by Monday or Tuesday and then they can start flowering a week or so after that. Here is how they looked before and after the bending, and a few shots of the roots coming out the bottom of the Root pots:

Before:
IMG_00538.jpg

After:
IMG_00599.jpg

Roots:
IMG_00653.jpg

IMG_00577.jpg

IMG_00587.jpg

Thanks for checking things out during the slow and sometimes boring vegetative stage, I promise these girls will be ready to show off what they can do soon enough!

-Meeks :animbong:

P.S. How crazy cool is this auction for the Starfighter! Already up to 1,250 with almost the full day still remaining!! Congrats to whoever is lucky enough to be able to afford those, I hope they are what your looking for! I will be watching from the side lines for this one, but hopefully I will have some cash for the bins. *EDIT* First pack sold for $4,001 congratulations to StinkyPete and Alien!

kushluvr

kushluvr

Right on bro, lookin sweet!! I'm lovin watching these journals....I love ogr gear!!

AirPots are the new best pot dude, just for this reason! But that is the reason for these pots....air pruning!! Otherwise just move up to a 3 gal bags!!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Killer looking super healthy White Master Kush.. I love the monster roots coming out the bottom.. Great work

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Right on bro, lookin sweet!! I'm lovin watching these journals....I love ogr gear!!

AirPots are the new best pot dude, just for this reason! But that is the reason for these pots....air pruning!! Otherwise just move up to a 3 gal bags!!

I have a friends who is trying out airpots at the moment. I just don't like how the media slowly washes out of the holes during each watering, especially at the start. I understand what the root and smart pots are designed to do, I was just happier with the root pots during my previous 2 runs. The fabric was thick enough on the root pots that air was traveling through the fabric and pruning the roots on the inside of the pot, so they weren't exposed to direct air and they wouldn't have to be broken when I transplanted. Now the fabric is holding onto water towards the bottom and so the roots are not being air pruned until they grow through the fabric (this is how my smart pots always worked, which is why I was liking root pots more). I used plastic grow bags once also and I did not mind them, but my yield was significantly higher growing the same strain, same plant count, same lighting, and fertilizer using fabric pots. Are you using AirPots in your setup right now? Thanks for stopping by Kush!

Killer looking super healthy White Master Kush.. I love the monster roots coming out the bottom.. Great work

Thanks Goo, These girls are healthy as can be! I will be interested to see if the calcium deficiency the I have been getting the last 2 runs right around this time occurs this round. It has been happening right when I begin the LST. I think I may have solved the problem tho, I took a second look at my CALiMAGic (my cal-mag product) and noticed it differs from Botanicare's cal-mag dosing. I had been told 2.5ml per gal early on for RO, and then bump up to 5ml per gal as plants mature. With that dosing I was still consistently seeing calcium deficiency in previous runs. My CALiMAGic says that a full dose is 1ml per gallon! I started using it at 1 and 1.5ml per gallon for young and mature plants and I think that was my problem. Too much Mg locking out the Ca maybe? Or maybe just too much of both and causing other problems with all my H&G nutrients. Anyways, thanks for checking things out, those roots are fresh every day. The ones pictured are air pruned back already and new fuzzy white roots have emerged this morning!

-Meeks

kushluvr

kushluvr

Yes sir.....10gal airpots shorten to 8! And and really good new cloth pot called Geopots...7gal in those! 2 plants per pot!! Only 1 in the airpots...but running nutes I can see it being a problem with leakage!! $$$$ in the toilet

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

looking very nice meeks those babies got some nice deep leathery color on them....really bent the shit out of them let them babies bush and explode nice work brotha!!!

gotta update my shit soon got thrips back and they really fuckin with me but i think i got em under control!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Looking good!

Thanks Mr. SM, I hope to see your girls get a little bigger and start frosting up over the next month or 2. I haven't had time to check out your log for a bit, I hope everything is going well for you too!

Yes sir.....10gal airpots shorten to 8! And and really good new cloth pot called Geopots...7gal in those! 2 plants per pot!! Only 1 in the airpots...but running nutes I can see it being a problem with leakage!! $$$$ in the toilet

One of my biggest challenge is working with small plant numbers, I don't know if I could ever commit to grow with so many plants under 1 light. I was actually considering moving in the opposite direction, going for 2 or even 1 plant per light down the road. I'll look into the Geopots when I get a minute.

looking very nice meeks those babies got some nice deep leathery color on them....really bent the shit out of them let them babies bush and explode nice work brotha!!!

gotta update my shit soon got thrips back and they really fuckin with me but i think i got em under control!

Fuck pests! I had to deal with fungus gnats a few weeks back when I brought in the decoy plants from Home Depot, they came with the bastards. A quick BT treatment and 99% were dead, every once and while now I see a random guy flying around, but I just assume his life ends after a few min of flying once he finds the yellow sticky trap. I have never had to deal with thrips before, I think I saw one random dead thrip on my tray table a couple days ago, but I'm not positive on that ID, could have been a small moth. The WMK has been the healthiest plant I have veg'd yet! I cut the Ca-Mg back by a ton, cut the silica and magic green out all together, and I stopped seeing all the small problems I was having in the past. I might try re-introducing the silica now that I am pretty sure it was an overdose on the Ca-Mg causing the calcium deficiency, but they all look so good right now, I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks for stopping in, I'll be looking for an update to your log.

very nice im subbed mate here for the ride bro

Good to have you around gardener, and welcome to The Farm. I can't tell from your word choice if you are from Britain, Down Under, or California haha, mate and bro in one sentence, good stuff. This grow is just getting rolling, you got here right in time!

-Meeks

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I cut the Ca-Mg back by a ton, cut the silica and magic green out all together, and I stopped seeing all the small problems I was having in the past.

-Meeks

No joke. Calmg is the fix of all fixes it seems like for people. I don't even use it anymore except in foliar sprays and the first 2 weeks of flower.

Cool leaf structure on the master kush. Looks happy and healthy.

kushluvr

kushluvr

heres a link to what im talking about.im not sure if you can chk it though?....not to crazy! very manageable..chg the xx to tt!

hxxp://nwgt.org/forum/showthread.php?4450-Fire-in-the-wait

your grows are off the hook btw...im loving the genetics and the setup and the info....im simply just talking to ya bout options..things ive been thinking about and seeing others doing, just wanting your POV! not trying to push at all, im sorry if it comes off like that..!

Kush

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
No joke. Calmg is the fix of all fixes it seems like for people. I don't even use it anymore except in foliar sprays and the first 2 weeks of flower.

Cool leaf structure on the master kush. Looks happy and healthy.

Thanks for the ca-mg problem confirmation and for checking out the log Chris! I am just starting to see the first signs of some ca deficiency in my WMK, possibly from the LST which has continued through a 4th round at this point, or just because I toned down the ca-mg so much that they actually do need a little more. I will try less before I try more, just because that has seemed to be working so far.

heres a link to what im talking about.im not sure if you can chk it though?....not to crazy! very manageable..chg the xx to tt!

hxxp://nwgt.org/forum/showthread.php?4450-Fire-in-the-wait

your grows are off the hook btw...im loving the genetics and the setup and the info....im simply just talking to ya bout options..things ive been thinking about and seeing others doing, just wanting your POV! not trying to push at all, im sorry if it comes off like that..!

Kush

No worries Kush, I won't be pushed into anything I am not comfortable or interested in doing, so you could try all you want, but I completely understand that you aren't trying to do that here, just sharing techniques, which are always welcome in any of my threads. Thanks for the kind words, I am having the time of my life getting to do work in this room everyday and get my hands dirty with what I believe to be some of the best genetics out right now.

Here is an update that should have gone up Saturday or Sunday, I can't even keep those days separated in my mind at this point to say when this stuff happened, all the trimming from dawn to nighttime kinda messed with my mental calendar for that 48 hours. Since these pictures were taken, I have done at least 1 more round of LST, maybe 2, again things have been scissor hash hazy for a bit over here, sorry for the uncharacteristic lack of detail. I had a casualty today during some training when a branch snapped on me, which is always sad, but can't get too caught up by it. Anyways, here are the outdated shots from the weekend, and I'll take some new ones when I go in there tomorrow to show how they are looking. They should be ready to be transplanted and go under the 1000w over the weekend.

IMG_03002.jpg

IMG_03043.jpg

IMG_03102.jpg

IMG_03092.jpg

IMG_03113.jpg

-Meeks :animbong:

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Wow, looking forward to seeing this thread play out

Enjoy the show Mr. Weed, it is just about to really kick off once they go into flowering very soon!

-Meeks

G

gooey

looking good, how many weeks from seed till you are flowering these bro? gl on the flower should be frosty

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
looking good, how many weeks from seed till you are flowering these bro? gl on the flower should be frosty

Thanks Gooey, the color is really the part that has be excited the most about this strain, I hope to really bring out the reds that I have seen in Raskal's photos. After consulting the calendar, it looks like these girls will be going into flower at 6-6.5 weeks from being germinated! Much faster veg this round because I was able to keep everything healthy from day 1!

-Meeks

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Hey everyone, busy day today. Got the ladies transplanted and moved under the 1000w Dual-Arc bulb. That means they will be experiencing their first 12 hours night period tonight! There was no sign of early pre flowering in veg so it may take a couple days for these girls to realize its time to start doing their thing. The real show begins now!

This branch is a true survivor:

IMG_04062.jpg

IMG_04072.jpg

IMG_04083.jpg

The girls a couple days ago:

IMG_04102.jpg

Clones of each genotype are rooted. . . time for transplant!

IMG_04123.jpg

Flushing/Pre-charging the media and getting the girls acclimated the day before:

IMG_04394.jpg

Successful transplant, Day 0 of 12/12:

IMG_04443.jpg

IMG_04473.jpg

Well, now you guys are all caught up to the present, this took place about an hour ago! Hope you enjoyed the sometimes less exciting veg stage, flowering should be a real treat with this cross!

-Meeks :banana:

P.S. Here is a sneak peak at the potential stock for Round 2 with Da WiFi!

IMG_04143.jpg

Top Bottom