White residue on leaves

• Thread starter Dizzy88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hard to say. Kinda looks like crusty dried milk. Humidity does not cause PM that's kinda BS just passed around. Condensate does and humidity when the lights go out can spike because... Well.. relative humidity. It's relative to temps. So when the lights go out and the temps drop you can hit the dew point (saturation point) and water will condensate. Like on a Slurpee cup. The cold air around it drops the air temp immediately around the cup and it reaches the dew point and boom you have condensate. That thin layer of water is ideal for PM to propagate and you have a problem. ,

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Hard to say. Kinda looks like crusty dried milk. Humidity does not cause PM that's kinda BS just passed around. Condensate does and humidity when the lights go out can spike because... Well.. relative humidity. It's relative to temps. So when the lights go out and the temps drop you can hit the dew point (saturation point) and water will condensate. Like on a Slurpee cup. The cold air around it drops the air temp immediately around the cup and it reaches the dew point and boom you have condensate. That thin layer of water is ideal for PM to propagate and you have a problem. ,

Ahh makes much more sense to me now !! I always wondered why when my light cycle off my humidity bumps 5-10 higher. Lights on I’m usually 50-60. Lights off it teeters to 60-65. Mind you that is with a humidifier running on lowest mode all day becus without it I was barely creeping past 40-45.

I’m going to post a new pic tonight at 9 when lights cycle on il have a better pic and try to clean some more. Thanks for all the insight aqua and everyone else that contributes ... im by no means an expert so willing to soak up as much knowledge as possible from the vets !!!
Cheers 💨

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ahh makes much more sense to me now !! I always wondered why when my light cycle off my humidity bumps 5-10 higher. Lights on I’m usually 50-60. Lights off it teeters to 60-65. Mind you that is with a humidifier running on lowest mode all day becus without it I was barely creeping past 40-45.

I’m going to post a new pic tonight at 9 when lights cycle on il have a better pic and try to clean some more. Thanks for all the insight aqua and everyone else that contributes ... im by no means an expert so willing to soak up as much knowledge as possible from the vets !!!
Cheers 💨
Can set the humidifier on a cheap timer. At nights plants don't transpire and are not photosynthesizing so VPD is not an issue. In fact reducing humidity at night I would recommend. If ya set it to shut off about an hour before lights out the plants are usually slowed down and ready for dark anyhow and would go a long way to preventing that humidity spike

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Can set the humidifier on a cheap timer. At nights plants don't transpire and are not photosynthesizing so VPD is not an issue. In fact reducing humidity at night I would recommend. If ya set it to shut off about an hour before lights out the plants are usually slowed down and ready for dark anyhow and would go a long way to preventing that humidity spike
My man aqua!! Thanks for the priceless knowledge as always. I have a timer laying around that I’m not using ... will set that up today. Do I turn it back on an hour before lights go on as well ? Or just on when the lights are on ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My man aqua!! Thanks for the priceless knowledge as always. I have a timer laying around that I’m not using ... will set that up today. Do I turn it back on an hour before lights go on as well ? Or just on when the lights are on ?
Just when they come on... The plants take a bit to fire up. If you find the humidity still low after 30min of lights on just adjust the timer to start a bit earlier

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Just when they come on... The plants take a bit to fire up. If you find the humidity still low after 30min of lights on just adjust the timer to start a bit earlier
10-4.
Will set that up tonight thanks . scout the babies out tonight... hoping this isn’t WPM lol . I read on neem oil, do you know if that does anything as a preventive measure ??

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

10-4.
Will set that up tonight thanks . scout the babies out tonight... hoping this isn’t WPM lol . I read on neem oil, do you know if that does anything as a preventive measure ??
Because of my setup and OCD over controlling my environment... Never dealt with it so not really in a good position to give ya advice. Personally if I had it I would try Southern AG fungicide it's a concentrated bacillus amyloliquefaciens. So all natural and has been used for a long time in agriculture for all sorts of fungi/bacterial infections. In fact I used hydrogaurd in my hydro because it contains that specific species. Now I'm using raw microbes in soil and it also contains that species. It absolutely kills and prevents root rot.

Now idk if anyone has tried it on PM and this is only chit chat on what I would try... I'm not recommending it. I would wait for others to maybe help ya for something proven.

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Because of my setup and OCD over controlling my environment... Never dealt with it so not really in a good position to give ya advice. Personally if I had it I would try Southern AG fungicide it's a concentrated bacillus amyloliquefaciens. So all natural and has been used for a long time in agriculture for all sorts of fungi/bacterial infections. In fact I used hydrogaurd in my hydro because it contains that specific species. Now I'm using raw microbes in soil and it also contains that species. It absolutely kills and prevents root rot.

Now idk if anyone has tried it on PM and this is only chit chat on what I would try... I'm not recommending it. I would wait for others to maybe help ya for something proven.

This is what I’ve been using. My local grower friend said it has all the bacteria that Hydroguard and voodoo juice would have. I mixed it at 1/4tsp in a litre of water and hand watered the hydro tons with it. Not sure if that was enough or too little ? Lol they say to use 5gram per litre of water but I didn’t wanna overdo it

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter

What do you recommend for a bloom booster? I've been an Earth Juice guy for years. I'm a soil, outside during the day/inside at night under the lights kind of grower. But by the time they hit week 4 flower, the soil nutes are usually getting weak and I start hand feeding full strength bloom with a weekly Cal Mag kick. I'm running low on Tiger Bloom and completely out of Sea Blast. But I've seen recent bad bad reviews re: Sea Blast which was my old go to. Something about formula changes, new company, etc.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What do you recommend for a bloom booster? I've been an Earth Juice guy for years. I'm a soil, outside during the day/inside at night under the lights kind of grower. But by the time they hit week 4 flower, the soil nutes are usually getting weak and I start hand feeding full strength bloom with a weekly Cal Mag kick. I'm running low on Tiger Bloom and completely out of Sea Blast. But I've seen recent bad bad reviews re: Sea Blast which was my old go to. Something about formula changes, new company, etc.
I use monopotassium phosphate but you can use pretty much any. $10 last me forever

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I use monopotassium phosphate but you can use pretty much any. $10 last me forever
Thanks sir :) That's A LOT less expensive than Sea Blast. Just grabbed some from Amazon.

Last edited:
Dizzy88

Dizzy88

I’m hoping the milk stains is all it was. I put on some gloves and gentle rinsed the leaves off with water until it all came off.

I see one bottom leaf on big plant with a hole starting where the discolouration is. Is it bad if I cut that leaf off ? I’m guessing that’s nute or light burn ?

05F43624 D733 418F B7C5 CA142DFB0743
2437ED20 BF9C 4C6B 9679 2565E0B53B17
A5CB6371 F7AA 40A4 8A99 18E1EA19CAB5
76D7755B 2870 45D1 A00A 27AB97D1538A
885025F0 3A14 4A6C 9FC1 B5BC330F514E
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m hoping the milk stains is all it was. I put on some gloves and gentle rinsed the leaves off with water until it all came off.

I see one bottom leaf on big plant with a hole starting where the discolouration is. Is it bad if I cut that leaf off ? I’m guessing that’s nute or light burn ?
Try not to wet then to much in the light. They can burn. You can remove it if it makes ya feel better. I usually don't remove leave but those will go later anyhow.

I know it's hard as a new grower we need to hover over them but in the future maybe try to check here before doing something because it kinda creates a snowball effect of trying to fix things and ends up making it worse. The hardest part of the first grow is learning to sit on your hands 😜 the more we mess with things the worse we usually make it.

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Try not to wet then to much in the light. They can burn. You can remove it if it makes ya feel better. I usually don't remove leave but those will go later anyhow.

I know it's hard as a new grower we need to hover over them but in the future maybe try to check here before doing something because it kinda creates a snowball effect of trying to fix things and ends up making it worse. The hardest part of the first grow is learning to sit on your hands 😜 the more we mess with things the worse we usually make it.

10/4 💯 percent agreed brother! I learned that lesson the hard waywith this one lol !!! Should have checked here before running to google Nd milk spray 🤦🏽‍♂️ I always try to avoid wetting them when light on but couldn’t resist trying to clear them off lol

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Update : safe to say I don’t think it’s the dreadful WPM. Cleaning them gently by hand everyday when lights cycle off they are looking much better ... roots shooting out both into the water now

side question to anyone willing to offer advice ... I’ve been keeping them at 400-450 ppm with 5.5-6.0 pH up til now. Should I be maintaining that range until flowering ?

A188119D B4AB 4FC2 A5A8 0D9E57246BE6
4E5A6911 69FC 4879 95CE 17BBC7C5D14E
56959FD7 899C 4B6E A4D4 727A3DE39718
42FDEB10 12EA 431D 8489 481FDBB55DFA
BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

You ever figure out what this was? I am currently experiencing something similar in my ez cloner set ups. White mystery crust on stems/leaves

A

Aries74

You ever figure out what this was? I am currently experiencing something similar in my ez cloner set ups. White mystery crust on stems/leaves
Hoping one of you figured it out too, experiencing similar on my girls? Any advice welcome :)

Top Bottom