White specs on my leaves?

• Thread starter Malachi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Malachi

I have noticed some white specs on some of my leaves. At first I thought it was just some residue from when I foliar fed them when they were cloning, but some of the new growth has little tiny white specs on them. I am in veg right now and I am feeding with FloraNova Grow, Cal/Mag, and Floracious Plus. Doesn't seem to be PM because it is more like specs then round circles, and it seems to be persperating from the leaf. My humidity is between 60-70% and my temps are in check. I made a mix of nutes for 20 gal and it was 50ml FNGrow, 40ml Cal/Mag, and 20ml FPlus. The PPM is at 700. Could it be too much cal/mag and the plant is sweating it out? I only added 2ml per gallon, but the Grow has 4% Cal and 2% Mag in it. This is the first time I have seen this, any suggestions?
This leaf is only like 2" long so that gives you an idea of how small the specs are.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
cant get a good look at those spots but from my view it looks a lil like something is feeding off your leaves...dont wanna jinx it but thats what i had kickin on my leaves back when i got thrips bro.....but like i said, my view is not too bad on that leaf. ~SMF~

M

Malachi

Good call SMF I flipped over that leaf and under my eye loop I can see litte tiny red fuckers, time to bring in the bomb squad. What do you suggest to get rid of these little fuckers?

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
both suck bro most def. around the areas that have spotting look for lil black specs that are tiny as shit. also look for almost a shin like its almost spit left from those lil fuckers eating at the top layer of the leaf, if you see that shit its thrips most def.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

THrips for sure, I've seen a lot of folk post about spinosad lately which is my next thign to try. sm 90 wil work as well, but you need to spray every 3 days for a little while. You can actually tame them with end all 2 and anti bacterial soap as a wetting agent, but its not as effective,a nd you have to spray every 3 days for quite some time. But 1st thing if you can get it, spinosad(again, 2nd hand info, yet to try it)

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
THrips for sure, I've seen a lot of folk post about spinosad lately which is my next thign to try. sm 90 wil work as well, but you need to spray every 3 days for a little while. You can actually tame them with end all 2 and anti bacterial soap as a wetting agent, but its not as effective,a nd you have to spray every 3 days for quite some time. But 1st thing if you can get it, spinosad(again, 2nd hand info, yet to try it)

yeah malachi~ like big buddy said, heard a lot of talk about spinosad and how bad ass it is, but I myself havnt used it. been using neem oil for my past problems but looking to use spinosad on the next problem (crossing my fingers hoping not to see that day again)....but yeah bro look into the spinosad a bit more

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
only predators that ever worked for me where african spiders that i got from the shop to eat spider mites, which worked bad ass but freaked me out at the same time cuz i saw what they looked like up close and they were straight scary looking bro....

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

i didnt have luck with lady bugs as they all died with in a few days of releasing..I like to use pyrithium..and Avid..DEAD DEAD DEAD

i hate bugs

M

Malachi

My buddy uses a 3-part mite bomb and it is like 75 bucks but he says they work great. My local hydro store doesn't carry spinosad so it looks like I will have to order it. There are a bunch of organic pesticides available at my local garden store that are supposed to work for thrips so I may have to use one of those to keep these little pests under control until I get the spinosad in the mail. This sucks because I keep a really clean and neat grow area, and have only had one problem with pests before and that was spider mites. That's why I like to use all synthenic grow mediums, but I just used some seed starting mix to pop my beans and these little guys must have hatched from that or something. Oh well my plants are only like 6-8 inches tall right now, so reating them won't be to bad. I am glad I caught it when I did.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I was thinking lil red bugs=mites. Huh. i thought thrips were lil jumpin bugs grey and black. Crawling red spider lookin bugs=mites. Am I wrong here. Either way ?I use Einstien oil leaf shine if it's early enough in flowering. Once and then again in when leaf shine starts to fade. It works for me. I wish i could look at em'

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
its easy as shit to bring pests in with you when you go into your room. i usually only go in mine right after i get outta the shower with fresh clothes on.

M

Malachi

They are redish brown, I tried to take a picture of them by my camera starts to get blurry that close. I read some about thrips and they say that they are all different colors and sizes. I have seen spider mites before and they look a little different from them, and also there is no webbing. I am gonna pick up some neem oil and some organic pesticide and nail these little fuckers to the cross.

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
I use Monterray spary cant spell for shit but u get the point,,or Magic Green from House & Garden it puts a coat on the leaf's they cant bit thru and I would put a Hot Shot Pest Strip in for a week or two. Hope this helps. Peace HDK

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Hell yeah, it's a bug and it must die...lol...show who's boss Malachi!

M

Malachi

I am just starting my second week of veg and am glad that I have a lot more control over what I can use to ouse these guys. If I was like 5-6 weeks into flowering I would be screwd

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
I am just starting my second week of veg and am glad that I have a lot more control over what I can use to ouse these guys. If I was like 5-6 weeks into flowering I would be screwd

not really those hot shots work really well jus put in and pull out in a week or so no spray!! check them out great stuff.

M

Malachi

not really those hot shots work really well jus put in and pull out in a week or so no spray!! check them out great stuff.

They are hot shots sticky traps? I thought those were for flying insects? These things don't look like they do to much flying

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
No there hanging pest strips that put out some funky air the bugs dont like and kills them. I think your talking bout sticky traps yellow and blue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom