White specs on my leaves?

• Thread starter Malachi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Type in the search bar up top and there some threads where peepz talk bout them check them out.

M

Malachi

Thanks for the info HDK i guess its not a regular pest strip that is sticky for catching flying insects, but releases an odorless vapor that wacks them. So I will pick up a couple of those and some organic pesticide and some neem oil for good measure. That should do the rick. I wonder what kind of vapor it releases if its sulfur or something. If its sulfur then that would be epic.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

If you want to go with biologicals, lady bugs will work, but you need a crazy number of them, and it must be california lady bugs, no other ones will work. Now the best biological is a combination of predatory nematodes applied to the root zone with a watering, and for the leaves and more so on the surface area you want to use Orius and Amblyseius cucumeris/hypoaspis for the above ground treatment. now dont use these biologicals with lady bugs as they will try to eat them. Thats the issue with using these methods, you really need to know your predatories before you can mix them for proper effectiveness.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Oh, and make sure you get hot shot pest strips, but beware of them in your room if you use the bios, those may go for the strips as well and kill off your population. But ya, the strips kick ass too for sure.

M

Malachi

I am leaning towards the strips and an organic pesticide spray as well.

M

MASSES 420KING

from my view it almost looks like the beginnings of spidermites or possibly thripes if you can post a clearer and closer picture someone mite be able to tell you more definatively hope everything works out for you brotha good luck

M

Malachi

I hit them hard with some Bon-Neem and put up a hot shots no pest strip ... if they live after that then I will launch a full scale assault on their asses.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Oh, neem doesnt kill thrips, I meant to write that in my last post.

M

Malachi

It's a product called Bon-Neem not 100% Neem Oil. Its a insect soap that has Neem Oil and a mixture of potassium salts with some other ingredients. On the label it said it kills mites, thrips, whiteflies, and aphids. I got the hot shots no pest strip too that is supposed to be awesome.

S

scooby

i used a hot box sulfer burner when i had spidermite it worked a treat and thay havent been back

K

kuz

How did this ever work out? I noticed some white specks like that and thought something had just blown onto the plant. Just to make sure it wasnt pm gave it foliar epsom and baking soda, and then about a week later found of couple leaves that looked like this. Hosed it down with the Monterey spinosad spray the day before the picture. Another clue was there were always a couple ants on the plant. It doesnt seem too bad, wont wait that long next time though.

Cropleaf
Top Bottom