White spots, need second opinion.

• Thread starter damaxman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
damaxman

damaxman

Hi,

I have some white spots developing on my outdoor plants, and I was hoping to get some feedback as to what could specifically be the problem. The yellow edges are from the cloning process, so I am not worried about that, but the white dots specifically are my concern. I noticed a couple forming on my mother plant (the large one) and now I am seeing them develop on my younger clone that sits beside the mother. I have looked at the spots under a jewelers loop but I don't see any insects, and given that the spots appear to be part of the leaf structure (visible from both the top and bottom of leaf) I suspect it could be mold related? Any advice from experienced growers welcome.

Thanks in advance,

White spots need second opinion
White spots need second opinion 2
White spots need second opinion 3
White spots need second opinion 4
White spots need second opinion 5
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Looks like you dripped nutes on it look under the leaves see if there's any bugs .OD .

damaxman

damaxman

Looks like you dripped nutes on it look under the leaves see if there's any bugs .OD .
No insects visible under the leaf either. As for nutes, I mix them in a separate room, so worst case scenario, it was exposed to 600ppm water so I don't think that's the problem either. The plants are near my BBQ so it's possible something splashed over, but that wouldn't explain why it seems to be spreading...

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

No insects visible under the leaf either. As for nutes, I mix them in a separate room, so worst case scenario, it was exposed to 600ppm water so I don't think that's the problem either. The plants are near my BBQ so it's possible something splashed over, but that wouldn't explain why it seems to be spreading...
To me it looks like leafhopper damage
Screenshot 20200609 212448 Google

Madbud

Madbud

Part of it looks like pollen after a rain shower, does it wipe off? The white could be bird droppings.

42515FC6 79E2 43AA A02D 1CAFC1FC6C06
FD4C32C5 AFA0 42E9 8A1C 14D212D7934B
damaxman

damaxman

Part of it looks like pollen after a rain shower, does it wipe off? The white could be bird droppings.
The first and third pictures are of the same leaf that I ripped off the smaller plant. As you can see, the 'white' is "part" of the leaf, and not something just on the surface. Pollen from native plants here is definitely a possibility; and given the time of year, there is literally tonnes of it in the air and rain.

damaxman

damaxman

To me it looks like leafhopper damage
Could be. I have ordered some insecticidal soap, so I will give them a good spray with that once it arrives.

Also wanted to thank you and the others for the help. Imbeciles like myself really appreciate it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom