White Widow 400w Grow.

• Thread starter Enforcer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

I gotta agree with @EventHorizan but @chemistry isnt wrong. If you go to jar now burping will be an all day event for a week or so, probably 2. Wait til you get that snap. I did a 14 day dry and some of my bigger nug phenos still needed more intensive burping. After you get into the jars you'll smell those terps bro. I went to jars early 2 runs ago and did the 14 day dry this time and i just dont have time for all that unecessary burping. Judging by your pic, you're right on schedule. I dont blame you for worrying, when i bucked mine down i kept thinking i overdried them (worry wort) but a short time in the jars and they were stuck together in a big ass clump. Crack a jar and its terp heaven!

Enforcer

Enforcer

Leave then for a few more days.. They are still wet inside. Pick one bud off, trim and smoke.
My rec is a few more days at least then take another bud off. Trim and smoke..
Prob day 12 you can trim and jar..
But air jars out 3 times a day for the first couple.. Snatch you a bud the 3rd day and smoke. Do that every day for a week.
Snatch you out enuf for a week after that and close her up for a week...
Thanks bro. I’ll wait a few more days.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Yes, I found that if you dry to much, you lose the oils in the weed that give it its aroma and taste, so I risk the mould for a better smoke, if your buds are dry and your stalks nearly dry, that's the time I jar. just beware of thick stalks in big buds, if a stalk looks to big, I chop the buds from it.
I hear what you’re saying. I’m just relatively sure they are not that dry yet. You’re not wrong, it’s just hard to tell “dryness” without being here. Thanks

Enforcer

Enforcer

I gotta agree with @EventHorizan but @chemistry isnt wrong. If you go to jar now burping will be an all day event for a week or so, probably 2. Wait til you get that snap. I did a 14 day dry and some of my bigger nug phenos still needed more intensive burping. After you get into the jars you'll smell those terps bro. I went to jars early 2 runs ago and did the 14 day dry this time and i just dont have time for all that unecessary burping. Judging by your pic, you're right on schedule. I dont blame you for worrying, when i bucked mine down i kept thinking i overdried them (worry wort) but a short time in the jars and they were stuck together in a big ass clump. Crack a jar and its terp heaven!
Thanks bro. I’ll wait a few more days, then trim and jar. I’m so close, I don’t want to screw it up now. Haha

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Then leave them a bit longer, time is on your side, you can't fail. I know it sounds a little dumb, but good sized jars are the key to a good cure.
Ya homie i replied before i even seen u did.. Your way works too... And i also agree on your big jar thesis too. Cause i use a 5 gal bucket from lowes with rubber gasket and lid....it hold 2.5 elbows nicely and loosely... Be nice nugs after they sit a spell in that

Enforcer

Enforcer

1 gallon pickle jars I use most of the time, unless it's one strain grow, in which case, go with EventHorizan and the 5 gallon bucket with sealed lid.
It is a one strain grow. However, I have them divided into 3 phenos. And I’m not ready to throw all my eggs into one basket yet. At least with quart jars if I do have any losses, it’ll be contained to individual jars and not the whole crop.

incogneato

incogneato

I use my old protein tubs and mason jars. The tubs hold about 5-6 zips with room to spare. If you use buckets i would recommend food grade buckets.
It is a one strain grow. However, I have them divided into 3 phenos. And I’m not ready to throw all my eggs into one basket yet. At least with quart jars if I do have any losses, it’ll be contained to individual jars and not the whole crop.
I always sepaprate phenos. Good call.

Top Bottom