White Widow 400w Grow.

• Thread starter Enforcer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer P

Farmer P

I decided that maybe i would try and reuse the coco for a few buckets but yesterday when i noticed all these tiny bugs coming out in my runoff : ( after alittle research and intial panic i found they are springtails they dont seem to be having negative effects on my plants but needless to say i wont be reusing any of the coco from this run.
I've got them right now too. At first I was freaked but now I've learned to live with them I think. They just seem like happy little bugs that don't do any damage. I kinda wonder if they help to keep other bugs out.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

I've got them right now too. At first I was freaked but now I've learned to live with them I think. They just seem like happy little bugs that don't do any damage. I kinda wonder if they help to keep other bugs out.
From what i read they eat dead and decaying matter which is beneficial. Some post i read suggest that its a sign of healthy medium conditions if they show up. Who knows

Enforcer

Enforcer

My plant is down tomorrow.
Looks like mine will be too. I’m moving, and they’re close enough. That will put them at 62 days. Breeder recommended 55-65 days flower time. I already have clones prepped to go in after drying. I think I’m going to just cut individual branches and hang, fan leaves and all. Give it a few days then trim the fans off. I really don’t want hay this time.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Correction, 63 days. Here they are, last pics before chop. Next time I’ll lollipop a little higher to cut out some of the larf, even though it is rather frosty. I’ll also defoliate the canopy more. I wanted to see the results both ways, so I really didn’t defoliate these girls at all. Some large, firm buds in there. So I’m hoping for a good yield. I’m very happy with the way they turned out. Way better than my first tent harvest. I’ll post that picture first just for laughs. I learned a lot and continue to learn here. Thanks guys for all your help. The light just turned off. They come down in 12 hours.....

B8A424B6 7CE3 4399 BD71 0028ABAE2590
191A8F47 1AF9 47A7 853B AA6B830AD0F1
6320DAB3 8103 486D B2A7 0ABD3704A7A6
511CF35C 9EBD 40ED A088 2C07E4912B91
88EDA862 B26B 4309 ACB3 F979184C9B59
CA3C57BA 1FD1 48D5 B6B6 911CDEEBF9AF
91EA9443 D57B 461B B317 151BAACF8509
C0DA10A5 7083 4A66 B002 CCEF81A35807
17C3ABD1 483C 4546 A0C6 FFFD7F819473
36E39F22 C795 4F23 92C6 9AB9040D1A12
incogneato

incogneato

Correction, 63 days. Here they are, last pics before chop. Next time I’ll lollipop a little higher to cut out some of the larf, even though it is rather frosty. I’ll also defoliate the canopy more. I wanted to see the results both ways, so I really didn’t defoliate these girls at all. Some large, firm buds in there. So I’m hoping for a good yield. I’m very happy with the way they turned out. Way better than my first tent harvest. I’ll post that picture first just for laughs. I learned a lot and continue to learn here. Thanks guys for all your help. The light just turned off. They come down in 12 hours.....
Wow, looks good bro! I wish i kept up a little better but i still caught the best part of the movie haha

Enforcer

Enforcer

Wow, looks good bro! I wish i kept up a little better but i still caught the best part of the movie haha
Thanks man. They are hanging in the tent right now. I chopped them in branches, and hung them whole. Waited about 3 days and removed all the fan leaves. They have been around 60*F and 60%rh then entire time. I’m shooting for @EventHorizan can’t go wrong 60/60/14 day dry. At this point there is just a hint of cut grass smell. I’m hoping a good long dry will take care of that.

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

Thanks man. They are hanging in the tent right now. I chopped them in branches, and hung them whole. Waited about 3 days and removed all the fan leaves. They have been around 60*F and 60%rh then entire time. I’m shooting for @EventHorizan can’t go wrong 60/60/14 day dry. At this point there is just a hint of cut grass smell. I’m hoping a good long dry will take care of that.
I just dried under those same conditions. Came out perfect.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Hey @EventHorizan

I know you have a shit ton of alerts to follow up on, but if you have a moment I would very much appreciate your opinion on this. My plants have been hanging for 8 days. They have been within a few points of 60*/60rh the entire time. Sugar leaves are crispy, but I’m only getting a bend (no snap) from the small branches. Would you recommend trimming the buds now, and then allow them to dry for a few more days, or just leave them as they are for a few more days, then trim and jar? The cut grass smell is almost completely gone at this point. Thanks

2FE084A2 9569 496E 83B0 D0965A4DF250
chemistry

chemistry

Hey @EventHorizan

I know you have a shit ton of alerts to follow up on, but if you have a moment I would very much appreciate your opinion on this. My plants have been hanging for 8 days. They have been within a few points of 60*/60rh the entire time. Sugar leaves are crispy, but I’m only getting a bend (no snap) from the small branches. Would you recommend trimming the buds now, and then allow them to dry for a few more days, or just leave them as they are for a few more days, then trim and jar? The cut grass smell is almost completely gone at this point. Thanks

I do, I find if you dry it to much it smokes like meadow fire. I jar mine at this point, as big a jar as you can get, don't force it in or it will go mouldy in the bottom of your jar, just keep taking the lid off in a dry space for 30 minutes a day for a week, or until the top buds in the jar are squidgy but not crispy, just give the top buds a squeeze every day until you think its right, you'll know when you feel it.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I do, I find if you dry it to much it smokes like meadow fire. I jar mine at this point, as big a jar as you can get, don't force it in or it will go mouldy in the bottom of your jar, just keep taking the lid off in a dry space for 30 minutes a day for a week, or until the top buds in the jar are squidgy but not crispy, just give the top buds a squeeze every day until you think its right, you'll know when you feel it.
Thanks man. Would you still jar at this point , even with this little guy not snapping?

DF3D9B7A 312B 4FC7 8EE4 7059BAD2E115
chemistry

chemistry

Thanks man. Would you still jar at this point , even with this little guy not snapping?

Yes, I found that if you dry to much, you lose the oils in the weed that give it its aroma and taste, so I risk the mould for a better smoke, if your buds are dry and your stalks nearly dry, that's the time I jar. just beware of thick stalks in big buds, if a stalk looks to big, I chop the buds from it.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hey @EventHorizan

Leave then for a few more days.. They are still wet inside. Pick one bud off, trim and smoke.
My rec is a few more days at least then take another bud off. Trim and smoke..
Prob day 12 you can trim and jar..
But air jars out 3 times a day for the first couple.. Snatch you a bud the 3rd day and smoke. Do that every day for a week.
Snatch you out enuf for a week after that and close her up for a week...

Latest posts

Top Bottom