White Widow 400w Grow.

• Thread starter Enforcer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Enforcer

Enforcer

Here you go bro 1 week behind you. Looks like were both sitting pretty! Ill have more pics posted on my journal.
You look like your right there with me. Did you start counting from flip, or when flowers first appeared?

I counted from flip.

Nice plants!

Enforcer

Enforcer

Well, my HPS bulb just took a shit. Would come on for a few moments and turn off. Come back on a few moments later and do it all again. It’s a Solis Tek, this is its second grow, and I have always used latex gloves when handling it.

I swapped in the MH bulb until I can get a replacement. I know it’s not ideal, but I think it’s better than sitting in the dark for a few days.

chemistry

chemistry

Just bought a shiny new bulb, it's a New Years Eve tradition now, you should be ok for a few days. What bulb you going for? I bought a Lumatek, last one did well, so another was purchased, and if it does as well I'll be a happy man.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Well, my HPS bulb just took a shit. Would come on for a few moments and turn off. Come back on a few moments later and do it all again. It’s a Solis Tek, this is its second grow, and I have always used latex gloves when handling it.

I swapped in the MH bulb until I can get a replacement. I know it’s not ideal, but I think it’s better than sitting in the dark for a few days.
I gave yeild lab a try seems to be doing really good. Plus its alot cheaper than all the others. You should check them out

Enforcer

Enforcer

Thanks guys. Lumatek or YeildLab, got it. I have the Hortalux super HPS bulb in my Amazon cart for $60, but being Christmas I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. What are your thoughts on that bulb? I’m going to go check out the other two.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I found the Yield Lab bulb on Amazon for $15. Couldn't find a Lumitek bulb there that would work for me. I ordered the Yield Lab bulb but it still won't be here until next weekend. Hopefully the MH bulb will be fine until then. Thanks again guys for the suggestions.

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

Only used the Hortalux strip lights, I've not used the Hortalux HPS or MH, so can't comment. The strip lights were good for vegging seeds and cuttings.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Update: Begin week 7!

I added another watering in the schedule as the coco was getting a little dry with only 2 feedings a day. Now feeding at 1.4ec, 3 times a day, for 3 minutes each time. It takes about 2.5 minutes to start to get run off.

I guess the up side of my HPS bulb going out is MH Bud pics!! Merry Christmas to all!!

7CED3706 DA43 4038 965D 703127F078F1
69E6DAE8 BDF2 49C1 9C33 28DA41560F09
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

it will be fine...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Update: Begin week 7!

I added another watering in the schedule as the coco was getting a little dry with only 2 feedings a day. Now feeding at 1.4ec, 3 times a day, for 3 minutes each time. It takes about 2.5 minutes to start to get run off.

I guess the up side of my HPS bulb going out is MH Bud pics!! Merry Christmas to all!!
looking good.. You got a few weeks still.. T
Welcome to my 2nd grow. Learned a lot from my simultaneous indoor/outdoor grow I just finished. I think I'm going to stick with indoor from now on. So now I'm going to embrace indoor growing completely and I DIY'ed an auto drip system. (Yes, kicking hand watering to the curb only took one season.) I believe I have taken all environmental factors into account, and made as close to an ideal grow space for them as I can. Now on to the grow details. These are White Widow feminized seeds from growers choice seeds. Seeds were sprouted on 9/22. I'm considering veg beginning 10/1. I plan to veg them for 5 weeks and it's an 8 week strain. I cracked 5 seeds and these are the strongest 3. They spent their first week under t5s, and I'm putting them under a very high and dimmed 400w MH light(to 250w) today. I'll be using Advanced Nutrients PH perfect Sensi Coco Grow/Bloom A&B, B-52, VooDoo juice, Big Bud, and Overdrive. I'll also be using 35% H2O2 at a rate of 5ml per gallon, and SLF-100 at a rate of 2.5 ml per gallon, every res change. Current res EC=1.0-1.2, as measured with my trusty Truncheon. I did have to PH it myself down to 5.8 myself, measured with my Blue Lab PH pen. I think that's becasue I'm not using the nutes at full strength. The tent is located in my garage and is 3'x3'x6'. I'm using an air cooled hood with MH/HPS lighting. The drip system works by delivering nutrient solution to the plants for one minute feedings, up to 7 times a day. I can control the amount of solution they get by adjusting the amount of time and intervals the pump is on, as well as adjusting the ball valve to each dripper at the manifold. The solution is oxygenated, and temperature controlled (aquarium heater) to 68*f. The run off is collected in saucers fill with Hydroton. The plants sit on top of the Hydroton so they're not in standing water. The run off drains to the sump, built into the platform I made for the tent to sit on. I needed the hight to make gravity work for me, but I didn't have the space inside the tent to raise the plants up 10"....so I raised the entire tent. Then a sump pump kicks on once a day and pumps the run off into a catch res that gets dumped. The catch res is the same size as my main res, so there is no chance of an overfill. Essentially, a drain to waste system. I will employ LST, topping, lollypoping, and SCROGing. Happy to talk about this stuff with you all. And most definitely...Happy Growing.
I didnt read all that as I would never get thru many threads, but I like the way you jumped in, and I like your craftsmanship... Awesome, and now im gonna jump to last page lol

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

looks good bro.. Like I said you got a few weeks left. Maybe 2-3, could even go 4.
The calyxes will start swelling now, and the hairs will start to recede and turn red..
More white ones may even grow.. You could leave the MH in there and you prob wouldn't notice a thing diff, except you might have a little frostier weed.. I actually use a MH 10k bulb my last 3 weeks which is designed as a finishing bulb. It has some UV in it which is said to give a final push to terp and trich production...

Latest posts

Top Bottom