White widow and a mystery autoflower help plz

• Thread starter Justinb19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Justinb19

I have 3. 4 week old auto flowers 2 white wifow and 1 mystery but the mystery one has red stem and viens on th leave groth also seems to be to slow for all them they r on 20/4 light cycle in pro mix organic soil feeds for 3 months. Temp is 25c°

Also have a ak47 my first plant has been growing since may 12 not auto flower does this look normal for 4 weeks into flower?

White widow and a mystery autoflower help plz
White widow and a mystery autoflower help plz 2
White widow and a mystery autoflower help plz 3
White widow and a mystery autoflower help plz 4
White widow and a mystery autoflower help plz 5
White widow and a mystery autoflower help plz 6
White widow and a mystery autoflower help plz 7
White widow and a mystery autoflower help plz 8
White widow and a mystery autoflower help plz 9
White widow and a mystery autoflower help plz 10
White widow and a mystery autoflower help plz 11
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Gonna guess it's your light is the reason for slow growth. Generally you don't need to worry about some purpling it's often genetics.

What are the day and night temps?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah 18c might show some signs of purpling. CAn bump the temps up to 26-27c day and 22c night and see if it helps. Not something I would be overly concerned about. I would suggest a much stronger light though

J

Justinb19

Yeah 18c might show some signs of purpling. CAn bump the temps up to 26-27c day and 22c night and see if it helps. Not something I would be overly concerned about. I would suggest a much stronger light though
Any recomendations for lights ? Looking to stay on the cheaper side of things

az2000

az2000

It looks like you're watering around the stalk? How often do you do that?

Cannabis likes a thorough watering (with maybe 10% runoff). Then let it dry very well. Many people judge when to water by how light the container feels. It should be alarmingly light (but not so dry that the leaves wilt. If it reaches that point, they'll bounce back within 20 minutes of watering. But, you shouldn't do that in seedling or flower stages.).

That 6500k light probably isn't enough/balanced spectrum. You probably need a warm white too. (How many watts is it?). Is your CFL just hanging in the air (no reflector?). I just replied to someone else (<<link) about that sort of thing. And, another post (<<link) along the same topic (using LED lightbulbs). Those two will give you some ideas about how to use ordinary lightbulbs (cheap!) to get more/better light.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cannabis likes a thorough watering (with maybe 10% runoff). Then let it dry very well. Many people judge when to water by how light the container feels. It should be alarmingly light (but not so dry that the leaves wilt. If it reaches that point, they'll bounce back within 20 minutes of watering. But, you shouldn't do that in seedling or flower stages.).

That 6500k light probably isn't enough/balanced spectrum. You probably need a warm white too. (How many watts is it?). Is your CFL just hanging in the air (no reflector?). I just replied to someone else (<<link) about that sort of thing. And, another post (<<link) along the same topic (using LED lightbulbs). Those two will give you some ideas about how to use ordinary lightbulbs (cheap!) to get more/better light.
If you wanna keep the cost down this is probably the way to do it the cheapest.

J

Justinb19

Yes iwater my seedlings around the stock and water again once the top dries. I read that this is a better.Way with seedling

az2000

az2000

If you wanna keep the cost down this is probably the way to do it the cheapest.

It's cheap, but not as easy as just hanging an all-in-one fixture. However, once the sockets are setup (the sliding tent-leg mounts, or homemade top-light "fixture"), it's nice to be able to sidelight/supplement with that stuff. It's a nice tool to have in the toolchest. It's not an either/or proposition. The OP could go this route to improve the CFL, supplement it with LED lightbulbs. Then get into a "real" fixture next time. But, still have the mounts for supplementing. No matter what the lightsource is from the top, it's beneficial to sidelight. Better coverage (better light-per-watt being closer to the plant).

I only recommend this stuff to new growers who might not want to invest a lot in lights until they see they can grow. Or, if someone already has CFLs they can *dramatically* improve the light replacing the CFL with an LED lightbulb with the globe cutoff. It's instant directional light 200% better (more light reaching the plant).

J

Justinb19

Any input on the ak 47 been growing since may 12 th and is a month into flower

az2000

az2000

Any input on the ak 47 been growing since may 12 th and is a month into flower

How many watts is the CFL? What is the space the plants take up?

As said previously, you should have some warmer light. Especially for a plant in flower. 6500k for flower isn't the right spectrum. I do one 5000k bulb to every three 2700k. (In veg I reverse that. 3 cool, 1 warm.).

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How many watts is the CFL? What is the space the plants take up?

As said previously, you should have some warmer light. Especially for a plant in flower. 6500k for flower isn't the right spectrum. I do one 5000k bulb to every three 2700k. (In veg I reverse that. 3 cool, 1 warm.).
It's 24watts.

az2000

az2000

With the LED lightbulbs (globes removed), you want between 20 & 30w/sq ft. As you can see from the posts I linked to, I've flowered very nicely at 20w/sq ft. But, I think it would have done better at 30. (20w/sq ft is good for vegging).

That gives you some idea how many bulbs you need.

I would get rid of the CFL unless you need to heat your grow space, or you want the UV. If you're using it for either of those reasons, I would use T5HO flourescent at 40w/sq ft. Use some LED bulbs for sidelighting in mid to late flower (take it up to 45w/sq ft).

EDIT: 20-30w/sq ft is for the LED lightbulbs. Not CFL. If you use CFL, it's probably 40-50w/sq ft. I've compared the two and could probably extrapolate what it should be. The problem is that you get 30% less light per watt. And, it starts off as omni light which you have to reflect into a direction. Reflecting is a loss. So, with an LED, you get 30% more light per watt. And, it's already directional. No reflecting loss (after you remove the plastic globe). That's why I could flower pretty well at 20w/sq ft.

J

Justinb19

My
Lack of light.
Ak 47 is using a 3300k 19 watt. Led and it hasmore then doubled in size in the last month thats the bigger plant in original post not the smaller plants they r using the t5 24 watt 6600k jiffy hydro grow light

az2000

az2000

Ak 47 is using a 3300k 19 watt. Led
t5 24 watt 6600k jiffy hydro grow light

What kind of LED light is that? A photo of the entire grow space would be good. If it's a globeless lightbulb, that would cover about 1sq ft. (If it were me, I'd have maybe four 11-watt LED bulbs on it. That would be 1.5 to 2 sq ft. (I'd rather have more lower-watt bulbs for coverage. But, it's more work setting it up.).

Are you sure the T5 isn't T5HO? (both exist). How many tubes are in the fixture? How long are they? (It sounds like 1 tube, 24" long T5HO.).

Without knowing the space your plants take up (width x length), it's hard to say what you need.

J

Justinb19

What kind of LED light is that? A photo of the entire grow space would be good. If it's a globeless lightbulb, that would cover about 1sq ft. (If it were me, I'd have maybe four 11-watt LED bulbs on it. That would be 1.5 to 2 sq ft. (I'd rather have more lower-watt bulbs for coverage. But, it's more work setting it up.).

Are you sure the T5 isn't T5HO? (both exist). How many tubes are in the fixture? How long are they? (It sounds like 1 tube, 24" long T5HO.).

Without knowing the space your plants take up (width x length), it's hard to say what you need.
Yes one tube 24 inches long for the auto séedlings

This is the led that the ak47 is using

Top Bottom