White Widow Auto Week 14. Can I wait till week 17 or 19 for amber?

• Thread starter Newbelinginaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

I am waiting for the amber color but am unsure if letting it grow to week 17 to 19 will degrade the plants. They had a rough start and were delayed in growth so I am thinking the time line can be extended.
White widow auto week 14 can i wait till week 17 or 19 for amber

White widow auto week 14 can i wait till week 17 or 19 for amber 2
White widow auto week 14 can i wait till week 17 or 19 for amber 3
Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

This is week 14 in an auto? She looks like week 6. Just grow her out and watch the trichomes. What kind of light are you using?
Ts600 Mars Hydro in a 2x2 tent. (yea I know I should have spent more....) Interestingly the plants spent most of their time outside. I returned them to the tent when it hit 105 and I had to put a gallon of water a day on each to keep the soil moist. Since these are the first of 12 seeds to make it past 3 weeks with me Ill reserve a bit of pride even if they look sad. Im going to let them grow untill amber shows or the fan leaves start yellowing.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Curious, my last crop exhibited that sort of curl-up toward the light behavior. I'm running the humidity much higher this round and the plants are doing significantly better. What is your temperature and humidity?

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

Curious, my last crop exhibited that sort of curl-up toward the light behavior. I'm running the humidity much higher this round and the plants are doing significantly better. What is your temperature and humidity?
Thanks, I had not noticed that as a newbeling.

76 F with humidity at 50 in tent for the last 10 days. Way lower humidity when they were outside. Interestingly when outside and drying out every two days the leave dip and recover was very pronounced with a two day water cycle and 95-100F temp.

With my low humidity in Arizona I was using 1.5 gallons a day in my 2x2 tent to keep humidity at 60 so I am trying natural humidity levels in a keep it simple grow knowing that the plants suffer from it.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Ts600 Mars Hydro in a 2x2 tent. (yea I know I should have spent more....) Interestingly the plants spent most of their time outside. I returned them to the tent when it hit 105 and I had to put a gallon of water a day on each to keep the soil moist. Since these are the first of 12 seeds to make it past 3 weeks with me Ill reserve a bit of pride even if they look sad. Im going to let them grow untill amber shows or the fan leaves start yellowing.
They don't look sad. They look normal and healthy but look like 6 week old autos. It possibly is the low intensity of light slowed it down. But ts600 is 100 watts. I'd run that at 20 or 24 hours a day to increase DLI.

Habosabin

Habosabin

The fan leaves are gonna yellow no matter what. I'd go with the trichomes as an indicator. Mature buds can look pretty tired leaf wise when they are in amber territory.

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

They don't look sad. They look normal and healthy but look like 6 week old autos. It possibly is the low intensity of light slowed it down. But ts600 is 100 watts. I'd run that at 20 or 24 hours a day to increase DLI.
Most of their growth was outside with only 8 hours of direct sun. I am ramping up the hours of light to twenty. Your pics of buds sure look nice. They are something for me to work towards.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Most of their growth was outside with only 8 hours of direct sun. I am ramping up the hours of light to twenty. Your pics of buds sure look nice. They are something for me to work towards.
Thanks bro. I used 200w at 12 hours in flower for those results with a photo strain. I got 1621 grams wet so I'm looking at around 12 Oz in dried bud. So blown away.

I run my autos at 120w at 20hrs. I got 5.9 Oz from my auto in 2sf of 5. Really impressed since my outdoor(coincidentally was getting 8 hours of direct) yeilded about 3.5 Oz(same exact strain from same batch) So LED is so impressive to me.

Keep an eye out for Cal deficiency once you ramp up. I've read LED makes plants use more calcium.

Last edited:
Habosabin

Habosabin

I grow in a 2.3 x2.3. In a shed. Lol. We are small fry compared to some of the whales here. Lol.

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

Thanks bro. I used 200w at 12 hours in flower for those results with a photo strain. I got 1621 grams wet so I'm looking at around 12 Oz in dried bud.

I run my autos at 120w at 20hrs. I got 5.9 Oz from my auto in 2sf of 5. Really impressed since my outdoor(coincidentally was getting 8 hours of direct) yeilded about 3.5 Oz(same exact strain from same batch) So LED is so impressive to me.

Keep an eye out for Cal deficiency once you ramp up. I've read LED makes plants use more calcium.
Bigger better LED lights seem to make a lot of difference, and wow that yield is impressive. I think a half more year with what I have and then its new equipment time. By then I will have smoked my first crop and feel more comfortable in doing this. Did you have a mentor, or are you just lucky?

Habosabin

Habosabin

Bigger better LED lights seem to make a lot of difference, and wow that yield is impressive. I think a half more year with what I have and then its new equipment time. By then I will have smoked my first crop and feel more comfortable in doing this. Did you have a mentor, or are you just lucky?
Lol. All my grows have had issues. So anything I respond to I've probably dealt with. My goal is to just grow a crop and not have any leaf issues from whatever. 😀. Probably some luck involved too. 😜

I do have a grower friend in another state that has pointed me in the right direction several times. He pointed out to me that feed charts like on general hydroponic are good place to start. Before that I was just winging it with fertilizer I bought from home depot. Then reading posts here gives me solutions and ideas for next grows. So many knowledgable people here but what's most important they are all cool about it.

Just adding another ts600 in your 2x2 for flowering photos is enough light. I'd only run autos with a single ts600 and run 20 hrs and your yeilds should be pretty impressive. If you fill your tent with 3 or 4 autos I see no reason why you couldn't get 10 to 12 Oz from the single ts600.

FYI. I have completed 4 grows. Two outdoors and two indoors. So not super experienced.

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

Lol. All my grows have had issues. So anything I respond to I've probably dealt with. My goal is to just grow a crop and not have any leaf issues from whatever. 😀. Probably some luck involved too. 😜

I do have a grower friend in another state that has pointed me in the right direction several times. He pointed out to me that feed charts like on general hydroponic are good place to start. Before that I was just winging it with fertilizer I bought from home depot. Then reading posts here gives me solutions and ideas for next grows. So many knowledgable people here but what's most important they are all cool about it.

Just adding another ts600 in your 2x2 for flowering photos is enough light. I'd only run autos with a single ts600 and run 20 hrs and your yeilds should be pretty impressive. If you fill your tent with 3 or 4 autos I see no reason why you couldn't get 10 to 12 Oz from the single ts600.

FYI. I have completed 4 grows. Two outdoors and two indoors. So not super experienced.
Four grows! Reading your posts I thought you looked like Gandalf and grew back in the sixties.

This place and many other sites are the best mentors I can find. The knowledge passed on is overwhelming and just like a big brother or sister full of shit sometimes.

The one more ts600 is interesting. My problem has been with airflow. To keep humidity up I reduced airflow and it seems to have stunted the plants I killed. Once I ignored humidity and increased my airflow the plants thrived. A local Arizona desert issue for sure. My normal humidity is 24.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Four grows! Reading your posts I thought you looked like Gandalf and grew back in the sixties.

This place and many other sites are the best mentors I can find. The knowledge passed on is overwhelming and just like a big brother or sister full of shit sometimes.

The one more ts600 is interesting. My problem has been with airflow. To keep humidity up I reduced airflow and it seems to have stunted the plants I killed. Once I ignored humidity and increased my airflow the plants thrived. A local Arizona desert issue for sure. My normal humidity is 24.
Once plants are larger and transpiring your humidity should be OK especially in a tent. A little humidifier might help when smaller. I think my humidity is normally in to 50% range and if I didn't have my tent fan with humidity controller it would go into the 90s. So pulling in the dryer air in a controlled manner keeps mine in the 60% range.

The extra ts would give you the extra boost for photos and you would run veg at 120w or so. I have two 150w lamps but have only used 200w max in my grows so far. DLI(daily light integral) is directly related to yeild. So going to a second ts600 gives photos the same energy in 12 hours that your auto gets in 20. It's the same as lowering your light for flower except lowering lights reduces coverage so you maintain coverage you need more watts. I hope this makes sense.

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

Once plants are larger and transpiring your humidity should be OK especially in a tent. A little humidifier might help when smaller. I think my humidity is normally in to 50% range and if I didn't have my tent fan with humidity controller it would go into the 90s. So pulling in the dryer air in a controlled manner keeps mine in the 60% range.

The extra ts would give you the extra boost for photos and you would run veg at 120w or so. I have two 150w lamps but have only used 200w max in my grows so far. DLI(daily light integral) is directly related to yeild. So going to a second ts600 gives photos the same energy in 12 hours that your auto gets in 20. It's the same as lowering your light for flower except lowering lights reduces coverage so you maintain coverage you need more watts. I hope this makes sense.
DLI(daily light integral) is my new word for the day, and an important one.

Thanks, and very well said. I like the idea of another ts600 from the cost perspective but I think I might go the more expensive route to have a variable intensity light.

I also found answers to my original question and will let my plants continue for awhile. Thanks one and all.

Habosabin

Habosabin

DLI(daily light integral) is my new word for the day, and an important one.

Thanks, and very well said. I like the idea of another ts600 from the cost perspective but I think I might go the more expensive route to have a variable intensity light.

I also found answers to my original question and will let my plants continue for awhile. Thanks one and all.
I didn't realize the ts wasn't dimmable. Dimming is definitely a nice feature. Keep posting the progress of your flowers.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I have two of these. $99 each on Amazon.

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

I have two of these. $99 each on Amazon.

The lights look nice, the price is good, and the app seems convenient. Two would max out the top of my tent.

My problem with the TS600 is it has a lack of uniformity with the lighting measured with my phone LUX app. If I had just one plant it might not be that bad but 4 smaller autos in a 2x2 tent makes most of the plants out of the sweet spot. So I need a light with a 2x2 sweet spot for this tent or just spend the money and get a bigger setup to have a two light setup for a bigger sweet spot. Have you measured the uniformity of light with a meter or phone app?

Top Bottom