Who Dropped The Ball In This Scenario?

• Thread starter MrRojos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

read story then answer: who dropped the ball?

• Investor

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Grower

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
MrRojos

MrRojos

Father and son I know told me this story recently.figured I pose the question here.
Dad was investor son grower.Dad grown veggies b4 not cannabis.
They move to the property.Son asks for the soil.Tells him what kind and dad says he's almost broke can't afford good soil or alot of bad dirt.
Ends up spending 400$ on Scotts top soil brand from Walmart 1.88 cf
Dad tells son mix it with native soil.
Son explains thst the clay soil mixture is horrible.Dad says mix manure in.Son explains more to it then that.
Dad says no $$ it is what it is.They argue but son has no $$.
Son uses the mix.
Son has aprox 100 seeds.Tells dad needs clones.Again dad says no $$
Son says need nutrients,microbial innoculant etc..Dad says no $$..
Dad buys him miracle glow fertilizer.
Son was pissed and didn't know was going to be like that.Son is decently knowledgeable about proper organic
Plant feedings.He has no $$.
He bitches an him an dad fight alot but dad insists that cannabis doesn't need big grow containera 5 gallons is plenty.
The growers area is shaded by trees and only gets 5 hours direct at best.Dad won't let him cut the trees.
Come harvest time dad drops 14k cash on a truck.Son is flabbergasted.
Dad says was broke still.
Total harvest was 6 lbs. Next year dad's broke.son still broke.
Who dropped the ball? Why? I gave him my opinion but that story just came to mind would like to hear you guys/gals.
Mutual buddy said that 2 year prior he know the son grew 7 lbs in his backyard When lived in his town using a raised bed and vermiteas.
@Seamaiden @ShroomKing @gravekat303 @GrowGod @THCdurk @geologic @Ecompost @markscastle @logic. Told them dude was doing this poll.need as many votes as possible could any of you please share with your friends.Thanks.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

The son dropped the ball imo.he is the one with the knowledge so if intended to grow u have to take care of that stuff yourself.it seems like he asked his dad to come in on a deal without agreeing to a plan and costs.iv always felt there should be ONE person making decisions on a grow.one person in control.too many cooks spoil the broth.especially wen one o those cooks usually makes chowder instead of broth like theyr trying to make.
you gotta be responsible for your own shit.
just my opinion.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

In my experience only very good friends can do a grow together without argueing but it seems family members cant.i mean u can pick the type of person you want to be friends with but not so with a family member.2 of my brothers did a few grows together and it ended in one keeping all the equipment and the other kickin fuck out him for it.they didnt speak for years afterwards.its always best to do it yourself.if u cant afford a large grow just do wat u can afford on your own and just make sure your preared better for next season.

MrRojos

MrRojos

I didn't want to burst bubbles lol. My thoughts was son should have got dad to agree on $$ amount first,should have been more accretive with dad knowing failure was eminent.
Dad needs not invest anymore on anything due to lack of understanding of ROI. If not for him going broke I'd have assumed had no intention of investing due to not willing to buy supplies.
Lack of communication was epic.Both jumped in over they're heads I think.Money an blood don't mix. #6 t.c.c

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
They both sound like morons to me. Why wiuld the son need an investor if he grew 7 lb. s the year before? Did he spend all his money on coke and hookers?
And dad obviously didn't have to much confidence in son and i wouldn't either. But Scott's Aand Miracle grow? Lmao if you can't manage your own money for a grow you should stay in a tent till you grow some responsibility and accountability. Partner ships never work out in the long run.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think I'm in agreement with the others who say they both dropped the ball. First, if son were so knowledgeable, the point about him fully informing dad about potential costs, etc, should have been done. Also, put it in writing, that way everyone can refer to the same page.

Dad dropped the ball by not allowing at least some wiggle room. They could have pulled off a pretty good grow using all the materials listed IF they'd just given the plants the sun they need.

Son dropped the ball by insisting some native clay wouldn't work. What have plants evolved in, pre-bagged soils? Hardly. There are ways around it.

Basically, they weren't on the same page from the beginning.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I think they both are to blame but at the end of the day if you grow outside and wana be a professional you should know what it costs and what ya need. I will never grow with family again I grew 2 small plants at my grandma's and did all the work and paid for it all and come harvest my wife and I trimmed alone and gave my uncle over 2zips plus a ton of hash I wana say I got just over a qp total it was my first crop and it was the year of the flood for nothing just because he lived with my gma and he got so mad said I ripped him off blah blah blah so now I'm lone ranger and it's nice just wish I had my spot back

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

Honestly it was ill planned. Father assumed son had it in the bag and son assumed Dad was all in. Land is an investment. Son ought to put some money into it. If you don't have the funds then make do anyway. I get flabbergasted at all the excuses.
the soil has too much clay
the soil need nutes
there is not enough sunlight over there..
blah blah blah...just excuses...if you really want to grow remove your own obstacles. go organic...build the soil up even its just 4 square feet. Learn how to fertilize with organic means...try compost or ask father what he thinks would help the "old" way.
Sometimes old-timers just want to be appreciated and respected for what they know and have done. Maybe Dad feels son is acting all superior and is locked in buying stuff for the garden because its the cool thing to do.

MrRojos

MrRojos

There both idiots but id rather hang with the guy who blew all his money on hookers and coke.
Lmao!!! The son seems like the type:)
Thank you guys/gals for the comments..they were both bitchin and pointing fingers..I am friends with both and didn't want to say what i knew yall would that were both to blame..
Got pretty intense when they were telling me the story..when got to the truck part the son kept yelling you dropped 14k cash on that piece of shit and couldn't buy me worm shit wtf!!
Never had the ball ,hell didn't even show up to the game :)

MrRojos

MrRojos

I
IMHO - and Investor without unlimited funds becomes the gopher/pee -on in the operation - 100% father fault. PERIOD.[/QUOTE
I think the son had a bad wrappreciate a little to but life's tuff an he could have possibly done more.
I did however wanna say damn bro your son asked for think he said 14 yards soil..place the locals go around here charegs 40 a yard..
I personally fired a investor for similar.felt bad but buisness is buisness.He gave 5k upfront for my time.He rented the property like o asked but he and 2 dudes I didn't know moved in..strike 1..his roommate got into a fight with the neighbors 2 months into the op..strike 2...I drove by few days later at night to see if could spot any "light" leaks and we're having a party..strike 3..dude got irate but when you fail to do what you say contract was null and void.
As far as $$$$ lost I think the dad should have gave him a chance.2k would have bought the 14 yards of soil with plenty $$ left over.
To leave him hanging and drop 14k cash on a truck was some cold shit lol

Moto

Moto

Images 10

Top Bottom