Who Else Mixes Hid And Led?

• Thread starter scubascrog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ken dog

ken dog

I'm considering adding LEDs to my Gavitas in my flower room as side lights (thinking of growing tress to reduce plant count). Some sort of vert/strip setup, that doesn't add too much more heat.

Some of the LED grow threads here show impressive results.
Quality is better with LEDs in the mix... that debate has been settled.

scubascrog

scubascrog

On a lighter note.. just supercropped

D

Duder

can't help iggy pop from coming to mind

i have very limited money and time atm, but i intend to do a bunch of diy cob lights to add to my hid. the latest generation of cob's look pretty amazing, but they still are a little short on both ends of the light spectrum. so i think marrying led and hid is the best way. a 2k burning hps for most of flowering and a 7k or 10k mh for last two weeks. with probably eight cob lights around it. half 3 to 4 k and half 5 to 7 k.
DIY is the best way to go about COBs ATM. You Can build fixtures relatively quickly and inexpensively, custom to your needs. Lately I have been buying big heat-sinks from HeatsinkUSA, drilling holes in the far corners of the fins putting stainless steel tie wire through the holes for easy hanging and slapping a vero29 on it, connect to a remote driver and your done. I use a couple HPS's for vertical(between trees) and LEDs hitting all sides eliminating shaded areas.
Really my rooms are a cluster Fuck of different LEDs I’ve built and HPS ATM.. I'd NIX the MH and go with the cool white cheapo cobs from china. For some reason, I noticed they really bring out the colours at the end of flower. If your strain leans purple at all these really bring it out and the resin production is fantastic.. Probably because they don’t care about filtering out UV rays that more reputable companies try and tame but I dunno, that’s my "bro science" observation anyway..

SilentL

SilentL

Nice flowers with different light - mix . We choose differnt ways but the most important you can see what someone else tries and that others also want to test to mix differnt types of the light spektra and many are getting nice results . :cool::love1::love1::cool:.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Quality is better with LEDs in the mix... that debate has been settled.
It doesn't even have to be led mixed in either.. just lower nanometers do the trick. Some are using actinic lights (coral and reef lights) and they are getting good results too. I prefer cheap uvb bulbs to fill in the lower spectrum.

SilentL

SilentL

It doesn't even have to be led mixed in either.. just lower nanometers do the trick. Some are using actinic lights (coral and reef lights) and they are getting good results too. I prefer cheap uvb bulbs to fill in the lower spectrum.

I'll think I buy two UV bulbs this week , Intresting must explore new ways :) .

Top Bottom