Who Has The Best Blueberry-tasting Strain?

• Thread starter BioStimz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

Awesome. Thanks bro.

I plan on running her virgin, but I really want to increase potency without losing too much of that classic Blue Dream flavor, so I'll probably end up hitting her with a Blue Dream x Stardawg #9 male.

~
Sounds killer !!! Blue Dream is 70% sativa so it will grow tall (6-7 feet LST) SO height might be a issue - it took me by surprise = 7 foot plant

BioStimz

BioStimz

Sounds killer !!! Blue Dream is 70% sativa so it will grow tall (6-7 feet LST) SO height might be a issue - it took me by surprise = 7 foot plant
Yeah I'm pretty familiar with Sativa growth characteristics from back in my gorilla gardener days. I'm hoping the Stardawg will make the flower structure a little more compact, while shortening the overall height and increase potency. I just wanna have a Blue Dream line that is potent as all hell, while retaining that classic OG flavor.

~

H

hawkman

Yeah I'm pretty familiar with Sativa growth characteristics from back in my gorilla gardener days. I'm hoping the Stardawg will make the flower structure a little more compact, while shortening the overall height and increase potency. I just wanna have a Blue Dream line that is potent as all hell, while retaining that classic OG flavor.

~
the end product was very air-ery sativa dominate buds. perfere indica bud structure, next time considering strains that are indica dominate or indica dominate hybrids. Hope your breeding project turns out !!! Keep informed - Peace.check out "Cannabeanery" for killer strains, they have a few that would be a good mix with the Blue Dream

K

kansabis

The best blueberry strains iv had are pnwr alion,blue magoo,blush(pre2000 outkast blueberry sativa x pure kush.) And bodhis dream lotus.
Awesome,I got a pack of dream lotus I'm hoping to find a blueberry leaner in.

T

TeW33zy

It's all about pheno type. Not every seed consistently is going to be blueberry
False, I don't know who you buy from or who you've talked to but that is nowhere near the truth and maybe you should get to know Master growers and ask questions. The Breeder finds a Blueberry strain it is up to them to breed that strain none dominant profiles out and consistently do this down from F0 (Mother & Father) to F1, to F2, to F3, to F4 then to F5 of a inbredline. Then they would take that F5 and it becomes a true IBL. Then you could breed that IBL Female and IBL male back to the F0 Mother and Father. That becomes a True IBL F1. Then you could breed the IBL F1 back to the F0 becoming a BX1 for an even more stable line then back to the F0 for a BX2. The IBL F1 will absolutely 99% breed all Blueberry seeds as long as the IBL F1 Female and IBL F1 Male stay together and are not touched by any means. A IBL F1 will breed true to F0 Mom and Dad. You are safe. Whoever gets seeds from IBL F1 Mom & Dad will get all Blueberry traits 99% as long as the seeds came from the IBL F1 Female and the IBL F1 Male. Whoever gets the seeds can't copy them by breeding the seeds together, they would loose the IBL trait as well as the F0 trait. The seeds must go back to the F0 to continue the trait. Those traits have to come from the IBL F1 Female and Male and F0 Mom & Dad. That is why breeders sell seeds with not fear of copycat breeding. If you get seeds and you pop 10 and all 10 survive germination and all them have variation and all of them are not exhibiting Blueberry dominants traits in all the phenotypes then the Breeder isn't true breeding down to IBL, BX1 & BX2. Don't buy from them again. Infact, a true Breeder will state this on the profile of that strain. It would say = SoCal Master Kush IBL or SoCal Master Kush BX1 or SoCal Master Kush F1 IBL etc. This us what you look for otherwise you are not buying from a true IBL Breeder and you will get unstable, inconsistent traits, variability and lots of Hermaphroditism traits. Reach out to me on Instagram and I can help u choose the right breeders. Infact, thecaliconnection only uses IBL and BX1, BX2 breeding as an example.

Sr. Quality Biosystems Engineer, Agricultural M.S Medical Technology & Biology

Last edited:
the rrock

the rrock

gorillabomb from BOMB seeds -taste more blueberry than any blue or muffin strain

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

Infact, thecaliconnection only uses IBL and BX1, BX2 breeding as an example.

But the cool kids keep telling me CaliConnection sucks while they pop trendy, overpriced F1 seeds that end with the letter Z and herm 50% of the time.

T

TeW33zy

But the cool kids keep telling me CaliConnection sucks while they pop trendy, overpriced F1 seeds that end with the letter Z and herm 50% of the time.
That's a mf lie. I run 100% of their genetics
Running there;
Purple Diesel- 2 of 3 Hermie
Purple Crack
Purple Chem
Bellini
Strawberry Tiramisu 🍓 🍰 - No Hermie
Pre 98 Bubba
LA Cookies

The rest are running, we will see. They don't sell F1. They sell IBL F1 or BX-F1. That is a major difference. However, u always clone the Mother's and keep the ones that don't. You absolutely can't depend on seeds not to be Hermies. Most breeders validated they strains using HID not LED, many TCC males that pollinate they IBL Females are 5-10 years old. LED is intense and stress the plant alone. You have to pick the best Mother's and take clones and clone the clones indefinitely. Don't wine if u don't know wt u are doing.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I actually was told that the blueberry in my area just got lost somewhere along the lines. My buddy supposedly got the last clone and grew a great outdoor plant last season but didn’t put much time into it. He gave me a mason jar full. And in the last 2 grams I found a seed that looks to be healthy. I know the strain isn’t gone completely because the guy that my buddy got it from took a few clippings. Idk what type of blueberry it is. I want to say blueberry muffin. But not 100% but all throughout the grow it smelt amazing. And certain times throughout the dry/cure it tasted pretty damn good too. I’ll probably pop the seed in April and see if I can get it growing good with some care.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
That's a mf lie. I run 100% of their genetics
Running there;
Purple Diesel- 2 of 3 Hermie
Purple Crack
Purple Chem
Bellini
Strawberry Tiramisu 🍓 🍰 - No Hermie
Pre 98 Bubba
LA Cookies

The rest are running, we will see. They don't sell F1. They sell IBL F1 or BX-F1. That is a major difference. However, u always clone the Mother's and keep the ones that don't. You absolutely can't depend on seeds not to be Hermies. Most breeders validated they strains using HID not LED, many TCC males that pollinate they IBL Females are 5-10 years old. LED is intense and stress the plant alone. You have to pick the best Mother's and take clones and clone the clones indefinitely. Don't wine if u don't know wt u are doing.
That’s good to know, I’m learning a lot. I just finished harvesting some Blueberry Widow which developed nanners. I assumed it was possibly the breeder, but I am wondering if it was LED stress related. This is my first run with LEDs and struggled dialing it in, and wonder if that might of been my culprit.

Top Bottom