who is the best breeder

• Thread starter THegrowshow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MadBuddhaAbuser

Overgrow....ahh the good ol days...

I miss that old site...Could you even imagine what it would look like all these years later....What a pile of ....Info it would be by now!

I remember way back when...Glad this site is not based in the US. That was a sad fucking day to see OG go....Sad fuckin Day!

RC

og was located in canada.

nevil, shanti, chimera....anyone who does real work, not just clone mashing.

RobotChicken

RobotChicken

og was located in canada.

nevil, shanti, chimera....anyone who does real work, not just clone mashing.

Sorry meant North American Based... Us damn Americans always staking claim to the whole continent....Thats why I moved to the south of france tired of the crap.

RC

S

StrikeitRich

OGR is my favorite Breeder...

I feel like im being watched...

or am way to medicated, but my posts keep disapearing.

hope this doesnt.

Peace,
S i R

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry meant North American Based... Us damn Americans always staking claim to the whole continent....Thats why I moved to the south of france tired of the crap.

RC

Thats where iam too :hi

South west....

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

sssc, neville, simon, dj short, sensi seeds (i was really impressed with their hp).

they say even a blind pig can find a truffle once in a while (although they find them by smell...) luck = opportunity + hard work. breeders who can spot plants with favourable traits, and stabilize them. F1 have hybrid vigour, and can't be stolen or reverse engineered...it's not a case that the breeder couldn't do better. F2 are total laziness...sometimes crazy plants appear, but no guarantee.

if you think about it, any seed breeder gets hundreds of people to grow thousands of plants...if cuts of the best plants could return to the breeder, he'd have a massive advantage with selection! with online forums, the breeder himself could inspect pictures and select for himself. he'd save time and space by getting others to grow for him. currently, i only see breeders giving out test seeds to verify the years of work he's already done. an online breeder collective...outbreed the government :)

i posted an article recently where Honda used software to track genetics and breed super rice. 'elite' super skunk bag seed hasn't seen nuthin yet!

P

primeform

Why is there no love for Rez Dog on this forum? I might run some of his gear next year.

P

paulycali

I dont know if anyone can claim to be the best. Thats kinda tough. Out of all the elite breeders. Most know who they are. One is not better than the other. They all bring something special to the table. A better question would be and you would get better information regarding your question as well would be by asking for a top 5 list of who the farmers think is the best breeders around. From that list you can get an average and figure it out from there. You should've added a poll and listed who you think are the best breeders and go from there. Good luck with your search and hope you find what you are looking for. Best of luck :)

urbanite420

urbanite420

ME!! , J/K!!! I am so not a breeder right now. One day I will be. I don't think there is any one "greatest" breeder, only "great breeders." These days I would say, JJ-NYC, OG Raskal, Bodhi, DNA, Mota. In yester-years, Shantibaba, Neville, DJ Short, Bros Grimm and Vic High. Chimera and Billy goat and even CA cannetics I think are bridging the old school with the new, imo.

And before them, those ancient ancestors that took it out of the forest and selected for the most useful traits for humans.

B

Biggestpothead

Nev and shanti laid the groundwork and did the hard part. Newer breeders are finding more elite strains to work with making them more appealing. Im sorry I would pick wifi or the white over mangO nevilles and super silver haze any day.
Breeders matter but it's more about the cuts they use and the selection process.
Stability is where breeding really shows as good genetics are easy to find these days. That's where the old school have one up.

GhostFace

GhostFace

No Such Thing as The BEST_never has been and never will be..!!!!!!!!
one mans dank is another mans schwag/..
the BEST Breeder just like the BEST Strain_ it just will never be!

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

The best, tough to say.
True breeders in my book, Sam, Shanti, Neville, Simon, Haze Bros, DJ, Bros. Grimm.
Without these guys, most of what we do, doesn't happen!

symbiote420

symbiote420

A breeder by definition is anyone who breeds animals or plants.
The true trailblazers are the farmers in the Asiatic regions of the world like Africa, India, Asia, and the Middle East, I'll also include Central & South America. These farmers have been selecting and breeding the landrace strains we so covet for hundreds or thousands of years. Furthermore, all the work that's been done by other breeders in the past makes it a lot easier for me to get something spectacular without having to select from hundreds of plants, which I believe was only necessary because the strain selection was limited back then and they were still in the process of learning the plants characteristics....wasn't too long ago they had just classified sativas and indicas. Nowadays we pretty much have access to a broad variety of strains with documented research done on each, so that eliminates a whole lot of time when breeding IMO. We didn't build cars the same way in 1920 as we did in the Muscle car era either! right?

But I'll agree those guys did put it down for the modern era of cannabis, peace!

Latest posts

Top Bottom