Who is the go to LED guy?

• Thread starter SkunkyDunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

you got a hell of a room going sd.........

been thinking it was wed... al day had to pull that post lol

B

Burned Haze

Before I forget..AVOID TEMPTATION..Do NOT look into the light! <seriously, and keep pets away>

question is can you look into the led’s with glasses on? Without too much “ damage “

Are you taking about led’s like and cobs ? Cause I realize you should wear them ( protection glasses ) , but sometimes I have to take em off for split seconds and look around or adjust things . Your making it sound like stronger than the sun lol

I realize you your not suppose to look into the sun, but you can for a second without “ crazy” damage , you have to still get shit done if your glasses are in the way ( and I’m all about safety cause I wear chem coveralls , construction helmet whole time,rubber boots , grower room eyes wear ,black lightning gloves whole time , hand sanitizer in between each plant and iso my scisccor same way + shit tons of things )

Question is with protection, while working, looking at the lights, a led ( up) is going to damage your eyes so much? I thought that was the point of the glasses ( not trying to sound like a douche or fight ya on it , want to learn more or less so can correct it that’s the truth)

Last edited by a moderator:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

question is can you look into the led’s with glasses on?

Are you taking about led’s like and cobs ? Cause I realize you should wear them ( protection glasses ) , but sometimes I have to take em off for split seconds and look around or adjust things . Your making it sound like stronger than the sun lol

I realize you your not suppose to look into the sun, but you can for a second without “ crazy” damage , you have to still get shit done if your glasses are in the way ( and I’m all about safety cause I wear chem coveralls , construction helmet whole time,rubber boots , grower room eyes wear ,black lightning gloves whole time , hand sanitizer in between each plant and iso my scisccor same way + shit tons of things )

Question is with protection, while working, looking at the lights, a led ( up) is going to damage your eyes so much? I thought that was the point of the glasses ( not trying to sound like a douche or fight ya on it , want to learn more or less so can correct it that’s the truth)
I do not look into my own..glasses or not.

B

Burned Haze

I do not look into my own..glasses or not.

My question would be when your deleafing/working under a canopy, “policy for never to look at lights” Inless you look down and then close your eyes when you look up or be under the canopy = “ your safe” , that’s jut not a very good efficient way of finding the leafs or farming.
I work like a workhorse ( like 2-6 hours deleafing, or at least In flower room and a rule Iike I must always look at the ground or never look at the light seems preety sketch when it’s 6-8 inches sprydx plus from my head or 12-16 on a cob.

not arguing , trying to learning . Might have to call the eyewear company (method seven) and ask them what their viewpoints are and then the led’ s viewpoints (fluence and Timber ).
I’ll get back with you guys if they say anything otherwise!

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
As a welder for many, many years I prefer not to look into any bright lite.

The new LED headlights violate my vision!

My favorite eye protection for the grow room is a visor.

B

Burned Haze

Method seven ( eyewear ) said as long as you got your eyewear , your good

Thank you for reaching out today. All Method Seven optics are designed to protect your eyes from harmful UVA, UVB, UVC rays and infrared heat while correcting color imbalances and restoring natural healthy vision. Each M7 lens delivers complete safety and allows you to see foliage accurately, spot pests and deficiencies early and efficiently. No headaches, strain, and no long term eye damage. “

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I guess I am getting a little bit excited about getting these lights lit up.
I'll need to run to Lowes today and pick up about 30 ft of 14/2 S.O. cord to remote mount these drivers.
And I also need to design a frame structure to position all 4 panels.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I guess I am getting a little bit excited about getting these lights lit up.
I'll need to run to Lowes today and pick up about 30 ft of 14/2 S.O. cord to remote mount these drivers.
And I also need to design a frame structure to position all 4 panels.
You might consider NOT mounting them on a frame. One of the beauties is being able to adjust different lights for different height plants.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I agree for most setups separate mounting would surely work best.
But for mine it will be to my advantage to be rigidly connected.
My canopy averages 30ish" in height, that's including the stretch.
The first half of the stretch is trained under net. I guess I kinda quasi scrog.
So my canopy is fairly flat.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Wow Kapow, these babies are flipping brite!!!!!
Only one but Wow!

Just got my quantum boards today. Ordered Thursday night. Arrived this evening shortly after 5pm. Lightning fast delivery!

1291 watts
Lights in Grow Tent

I think I am set with lights for now ....

1291 watts in a 5 x 5 tent. I have oodles of intensity and plenty of UV and IR from the driverless cobs.

basscaptain

basscaptain

I agree for most setups separate mounting would surely work best.
But for mine it will be to my advantage to be rigidly connected.
My canopy averages 30ish" in height, that's including the stretch.
The first half of the stretch is trained under net. I guess I kinda quasi scrog.
So my canopy is fairly flat.
Just got my quantum boards today. Ordered Thursday night. Arrived this evening shortly after 5pm. Lightning fast delivery!

View attachment 929732View attachment 929733

I think I am set with lights for now ....

1291 watts in a 5 x 5 tent. I have oodles of intensity and plenty of UV and IR from the driverless cobs.
nice....

basscaptain

basscaptain

ya I'm going to get 1 more qb cause by the time i paid 6 $$ for a real dimmer here in the usa and pay that shipping...

I can buy 5 dimmers, 1 extra qb broad in case. and a light and the shipping is about the same as 3 dimmers..... so for under 200 i can get it all to me from Vicky I Think waiting to talk to her in the morning/whenever she gets to work....

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

ya I'm going to get 1 more qb cause by the time i paid 6 $$ for a real dimmer here in the usa and pay that shipping...

I can buy 5 dimmers, 1 extra qb broad in case. and a light and the shipping is about the same as 3 dimmers..... so for under 200 i can get it all to me from Vicky I Think waiting to talk to her in the morning/whenever she gets to work....
She should be at work very soon..7:45am in China now!

Latest posts

Top Bottom