Who Makes The Best Ready Made Led Grow Lights?

• Thread starter DoobieBro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm in Sacramento, CA.

You should have no problem finding local help. Check out local growers associations. There are a plethora of them in our region. If you're growing to sell to dispensaries they might also be willing to give/get you help.

DoobieBro

DoobieBro

I can see the importance of testing for those who are doing legal grows or planning to go legal.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

If your having trouble finding help in Sac come up the hill and hook up with growers with generations of experience. Nevada County Cannabis Alliance looks to have a great network. I'm thinking about joining up next year.

Freshone

Freshone

Independent testing is the only way to get real world performance numbers.This wasnt as big a deal when we were paying 2 or 3 hundred for a fixture but when you start paying a grand plus its alot more important.Why should i pay that amount of money for a fixture based on somebodys word?Especially when we know these people will say anything to make the sale?While i agree that using quality components is a big part of the equation it doesnt tell the whole story but a lighting sphere sure does.Another thing is look on ebay or amazon or alibaba and you will find fake quantum boards,cobs and drivers etc etc and you cant tell the difference unless you open them up which then ends any warranty claim you might have so are you really sure your getting those quality components your paying for?
No agricultural producer of anything besides cannabis will take your word as gospel,you have to prove your product is better and better by enough to warrant the investment.
Standardized testing cuts out all the bullshit.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Independent testing is the only way to get real world performance numbers.This wasnt as big a deal when we were paying 2 or 3 hundred for a fixture but when you start paying a grand plus its alot more important.Why should i pay that amount of money for a fixture based on somebodys word?Especially when we know these people will say anything to make the sale?While i agree that using quality components is a big part of the equation it doesnt tell the whole story but a lighting sphere sure does.Another thing is look on ebay or amazon or alibaba and you will find fake quantum boards,cobs and drivers etc etc and you cant tell the difference unless you open them up which then ends any warranty claim you might have so are you really sure your getting those quality components your paying for?
No agricultural producer of anything besides cannabis will take your word as gospel,you have to prove your product is better and better by enough to warrant the investment.
Standardized testing cuts out all the bullshit.
Very well said. I wont buy a LED fixture from a company that hasnt had an unbiased independent sphere test. This is why I bought my cob fixture(retired) from Pacific lighting group and then bought my Quantum boards from HLG.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Michael de Jong is the sales manager at Oreon LED grow lights based out of the Netherlands. Best product I've come across lately. If you're interested in his contact info send me a Pirvate Message and I'd be happy to get it to you
Looks like the typical blurple led light. They dont tell you what diodes are used either. There is no water cooling needed with the newest led's out there now, unlike these water cooled ones you posted. What other led's have you run to compare to these oreon's? How long have you been running the oreon fixtures?

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Looks like the typical blurple led light. They dont tell you what diodes are used either. There is no water cooling needed with the newest led's out like there, unlike these water cooled ones you posted. What other led's have you run to compare to these oreon's? How long have you been running the oreon fixtures?
Not running these currently, but they're made to operate in large greenhouse operations which then utilize the waters used to cool the lights in several different ways. If you want technical specifications regarding the fixtures you should probably contact Michael. They also manufacture LED's to any color spectrum you'd like and also have options for UV-A, UC-B and IR spectrums. Thank you for passive aggressively jumping to conclusions though

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You could fill a tent from floor to ceiling in quantum boards and not need additional cooling. Just sayin. Highly efficient at producing light. Mine don’t even get to room temp.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Not running these currently, but they're made to operate in large greenhouse operations which then utilize the waters used to cool the lights in several different ways. If you want technical specifications regarding the fixtures you should probably contact Michael. They also manufacture LED's to any color spectrum you'd like and also have options for UV-A, UC-B and IR spectrums. Thank you for passive aggressively jumping to conclusions though
Nah, I seen enough just from looking at his website, and no need for a special spectrum or water cooled with the newest technologies out now. When you say "Best product I have come across lately", it sounds like you have tried them out, and compared them to other LED's you have run. Seriously though, you dont even know what diodes he uses, but you think its the "Best"?

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Nah, I seen enough just from looking at his website, and no need for a special spectrum or water cooled with the newest technologies out now. When you say "Best product I have come across lately", it sounds like you have tried them out, and compared them to other LED's you have run. Seriously though, you dont even know what diodes he uses, but you think its the "Best"?
I've been to every event over the past three years and have also had the opportunity of being a consultant on damn near 100 large scale commercial facilities. In my opinion these unites outperform any other LED's I've seen in action to date

Freshone

Freshone

Perfect example of why you want a sphere test,Or you can guess or go by hearsay or listen to someone who has a financial interest and is shilling for a company or maybe just doesnt understand or even actually beleives what hes saying?If we had stanardized testing we could just say to detgrnthmb,Cool show us your sphere test!

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I understand the UL thing but that has to do with safety not performance and doesnt even matter unless you are doing a permitted build out.Also it is not expensive at all and most of the companies who are not just importers have their own integrated light sphere they do testing and development with but they still dont post numbers?
There is a reason for that as if it was in their favor you can bet a bag of buds they would.
I personally wont buy anymore lights especially expensive ones without sphere tests,it seperates the wheat from the chaff.

it's not the cost of the hardware, it's the cost of the UL Approval stamp

Freshone

Freshone

The ETL/UL thing is a huge expense and its a joke really but neccesary if you need to be inspected,Ive been watching stephen and amit at HLG go through that mess.
Isnt it funny that you can buy an HLG600 kit assembled for mid 6 figures but to buy an HLG550 thats UL listed and less power its over a grand?thats the price of UL government bullshit.
And the difference is basically a ground wire between the ballast and heat sink so an idiot doesnt eletrocute himself,just unplug the light first dumbass.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The drivers are all UL listed. Meanwell has gone through the process. The boards themselves don’t use enough volts for me to worry about it personally. But that’s me.

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
Some great choices for led lights these days :)

ProGrowTech Evolve Series LED EV700
Fluence SPYDR 2i 630W
Gavita Pro 1650e LED ML
Solis Tek B9 720w
Iluminar Aurus iL8
The Gavita 1650e’s are fucking junk homie. Unless your into scratch off lotto ticket odds of getting one that works. 1/3.

C18B3673 58E2 4C93 B044 BF23803D27A5
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Again I couldn't agree more! I completely understand and agree but its not happening and I am already planning on 4th rate results just so I'm not disappointed. At this point as long as I get paid that's all I care for now.
If all you care about is getting paid I believe that will show in your final product.
Growing commercially in a legal setting is by no means easy.everyone seems to think it is but it isn't.especially if it's your only source of income.
Everyone wants a peice of the weed profits making it a very competitive market.

Top Bottom