Who on the Farm Signed up for Obama Care?

• Thread starter SoCal 420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
SoCal 420

SoCal 420

WASHINGTON — The lie of the year, according to Politifact, is “If you like your health care plan, you can keep it.” But the story of the year is a nation waking up to just how radical Obamacare is — which is why it required such outright deception to get it passed in the first place.
Obamacare was sold as simply a refinement of the current system, retaining competition among independent insurers but making things more efficient, fair and generous. Free contraceptives for Sandra Fluke. Free mammograms and checkups for you and me. Free (or subsidized) insurance for some 30 million uninsured. And, not costing the government a dime.

Obamacare is a full-scale federal takeover. The keep-your-plan-if-you-like-your-plan ruse was a way of saying to the millions of Americans who had insurance and liked what they had: Don’t worry. You’ll be left unmolested.

That was a fraud from the very beginning. The law was designed to throw people off their private plans and into government-run exchanges where they would be made to overpay — forced to purchase government-mandated services they don’t need — as a way to subsidize others. (That’s how you get to the ostensible free lunch.)

It wasn’t until the first cancellation notices went out in late 2013 that the deception began to be understood. And felt. Six million Americans with private insurance have just lost it. And that’s just the beginning. By the Department of Health and Human Services’ own estimates, about 75 million Americans with employer-provided insurance will see their plans canceled. And millions of middle-class workers who will migrate to the exchanges and don’t qualify for government subsidies will see their premiums, deductibles and co-pays go up.

Dislocation extends to losing one’s doctor and drug coverage, as insurance companies narrow availability to compensate for the huge costs imposed on them by the extended coverage and “free” services the law mandates.

But it’s not just individuals seeing their medical care turned upside down. The insurance providers, the backbone of the system, are being utterly transformed. They are becoming mere extensions of the government.

Look what happened just last week. Health and Human Services unilaterally and without warning changed coverage deadlines and guidelines. It asked insurers to start covering people on Jan. 1 even if they signed up as late as the day before and even if they hadn’t paid their premiums. And is “strongly encouraging” them to pay during the transition for doctor visits and medicines not covered in their current plans (if covered in the patient’s previous — canceled — plan).
On what authority does a Cabinet secretary tell private companies to pay for services not in their plans and cover people not on their rolls? Does anyone even ask? The bill itself is simply taken as a kind of blanket authorization for HHS to run, regulate and control the whole insurance system.

Three years ago I predicted that Obamacare would turn insurers into the lapdog equivalent of utility companies. I undershot. They are being treated as wholly owned subsidiaries. Take the phrase “strongly encouraging.” Sweet persuasion? In reality, these are offers insurers can’t refuse. Disappoint your federal master and he has the power to kick you off the federal exchanges, where the health insurance business of the future is supposed to be conducted.

Moreover, if adverse selection drives insurers into a financial death spiral — too few healthy young people to offset more costly, sicker, older folks — their only recourse will be a government bailout.

I don’t care a whit for the insurance companies. They deserve what they get. They collaborated with the White House in concocting this scheme and are now being swallowed by it. But I do care about the citizenry and its access to a functioning, flourishing, choice-driven medical system.

Obamacare posed as a free-market alternative to a British-style single-payer system. Then, during congressional debate, the White House ostentatiously rejected the so-called “public option.” The whole damn thing is the public option. The federal government now runs the insurance market, dictating deadlines, procedures, rates, risk assessments and coverage requirements. It’s gotten so cocky it’s now telling insurers to cover the claims that, by law, they are not required to.

Welcome 2014, our first taste of nationalized health care and decisions being made solely by your King and Ruler... :wideyed:

Last edited:
SoCal 420

SoCal 420

It is true that the app for OC is very privacy invasive but yet it will no be "private" at all?
What?... There's an App? Will it work on Android? How many Hundreds of Millions of Dollars did it cost for them (Fed) to cobble that together? Does it work yet?

sixstring

sixstring

Yeah but we had to pass it to see what was in it bwahahahahahahaha what a crock of shit.they even went as far as to write a section into the law the funds the bailout if needed . We've been duped.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Yeah, but the Fat lady hasn't sang the song yet... The "House" still controls the $$$$ The Mid Term Elections and the Senate are up for the Taking by those that are Furious @ the fact the the were sold "A LIE" and Duped. California and New York aren't the Only states that matter and the Senate seats that are up for grabs, some were Won in 2012 by Mitt Romney while others are Red State leaning with Blue Senators that have failed to serve their constituents... In other words "They Failed to do what the people Elected them to do" How Happy, Happy, Happy, do you think they are right about now?

Last edited:
SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Can't go wrong there ^^^^ Your Avatar says "Well Known Farmer" so I'm going to assume you CHOSE YOUR OWN cut as opposed to settling for something someone forced you to take... and spent some time growing to it's genetic potential... Take A Good "Pull" and you know it works for you :cigar:
As apposed to One Generic "Bag Weed Special" from A local seller that "Everybody" supposedly loves :confused: You take Rip after Rip... and It just don't get the job done. So you tell the guy that sold you "The Bag that makes Everybody Happy" and instead of "Makin' it Right"... He say's "Just Keep Takin' Rips and "Maybe" It will do it for you later friend"...
:meh:

Glad you have something of your own choosing that "Works" for you friend... That's "The way it should be" ;)

Last edited:
dirk d

dirk d

Choice?? when did we have actual choices? lol oh you mean which flavor of ice cream you want lol got to love george carlin lol Look the US health business is one of the worst in the world. Insurers have been keeping necessary treatments from Americans for a very long time. The health business of this country had to be reformed. Is Obamacare perfect?? No but it is a start.

Not everyone has all kinds of toys and is as fortunate as you are SoCal. Many people can't even get insurance because of what they do. I am happy at least those less fortunate can finally get some kind of Health Coverage. The rich and middle class will just be inconvenienced for a few months. It's not life or death for them but i tell you this -- it is life or death for millions of people and it shouldn't be that way in the richest country in the world.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Now being A sensible and respectful of others kind of grower that I am... I am sure that you are "Happy" with your "Obama Kush Plan" but I have an Og Plan of my Own. Would you consider it fair to "Cancel my Og Plan" based on "Your" determination that it's "Just Not Good Enough" ??? :nailbiting:

12/26/13

Og2

Og3

Last edited:
SoCal 420

SoCal 420

So, where does the people that have "Exactly" what the wanted from the beginning and never asked for anything from any body choice come in?

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Choice?? when did we have actual choices? lol oh you mean which flavor of ice cream you want lol got to love george carlin lol Look the US health business is one of the worst in the world. Insurers have been keeping necessary treatments from Americans for a very long time. The health business of this country had to be reformed. Is Obamacare perfect?? No but it is a start.

Not everyone has all kinds of toys and is as fortunate as you are SoCal. Many people can't even get insurance because of what they do. I am happy at least those less fortunate can finally get some kind of Health Coverage. The rich and middle class will just be inconvenienced for a few months. It's not life or death for them but i tell you this -- it is life or death for millions of people and it shouldn't be that way in the richest country in the world.
Hey dirk d, long time no see... The rich are not the ones that will be paying anything that hurts them and you "Will" see just how "Inconvenienced" 100's of thousands of middle class peeps are when dropped from their insurance @ the end of 2014 due to the cancellation of employer based insurance (To costly for business of 50 0r less, No more jobs)

45 K your idea of rich? At this amount people will be well outside the range of subsides and many are seeing their premiums double along with skyrocketing deductibles... You know what the price of housing is in New York and California that are the biggest held examples of the "Success" of Obama Care? I call "BullShit" That isn't an Example of Success, It is an Example of A Failed Economic Policy that fails to provide for the people that are more than willing to work and left with nothing to pay for anything... Let alone Health Care hence all the people that "Can't" afford it...

dirk d

dirk d

Hey dirk d, long time no see... The rich are not the ones that will be paying anything that hurts them and you "Will" see just how "Inconvenienced" 100's of thousands of middle class peeps are when dropped from their insurance @ the end of 2014 due to the cancellation of employer based insurance (To costly for business of 50 0r less, No more jobs)

45 K your idea of rich? At this amount people will be well outside the range of subsides and many are seeing their premiums double along with skyrocketing deductibles... You know what the price of housing is in New York and California that are the biggest held examples of the "Success" of Obama Care? I call "BullShit" That isn't an Example of Success, It is an Example of A Failed Economic Policy that fails to provide for the people that are more than willing to work and left with nothing to pay for anything... Let alone Health Care hence all the people that "Can't" afford it...
been awhile SoCal indeed. been barricaded in my grow op for awhile now lol I don't think 45k will even be middle class anymore lol more like mid to upper lower class. I've worked for companies that offered some excellent health plans. problem is when you don't want to be part of the industrial/corporate model anymore, you can't find affordable healthcare on your own. premiums have shot up so much. everything has shot up. more regulations means more cost. Economics is different than healthcare. We have a failed country. corporations run the show now and they have gotten out of hand. at least Obama is trying to do something.. better than the old system imo.

thump easy

thump easy

i need surgery on my back and im scared to build a house i do it all but that fucked me up had a friend that got surgery and is in a wheel chair it was goverment aid payed for the surgery yes he sued and 150 goes fast not worth not walking.. so does that mean if i were to get surgery threw the goverment i could never see my petter again and half assed??? i mean im old but fuck i run aroe i wont be able to get back into the airoe or crawl under it.. im scared to build my back hurts even as i drive oxy doesnt help nore does the weed so if we were to get insurance im shure the rich will only share their high end doctors with each other??

masshole61

masshole61

The simple reality is that if you are going to give something to someone for nothing, someone else is going to have to pay for it. Whether its the litte guy who doesn't make enough to buy a new car, but now big government wants to take a car payment out of his earnings every month for health insurance( he can kiss that tax check good bye if he doesnt sign up). Or the guy who does ok by his wife and kids, had a plan with blue cross blue shield that most working families would envy ( now its called substandard) , but now he has a $12,000.00 family deductible and double what his monthly payment was.
This was only the beginning of this clusterfuck. It appears as though there won't be nearly enough people enrolled this year to make this self sustaining, so what The president going to ask for? Can you say BAILOUT??? Good luck with that after the dems lose the senate in 2014.

Canappa

Canappa

The Affordable CAR Act of 2014

The U.S. government has just passed a new law entitled “The Affordable CAR Act” declaring that every citizen MUST purchase a new car by April, 2014.

These ‘affordable’ cars will cost an average of $54,000-$155,000 each. This does not include taxes, tags, registration, fuel, maintenance, or repair costs.

This law has been passed because, until now, typically only wealthy and financially responsible people have been able to purchase cars. This new law ensures that every American can now have an ‘affordable’ car of their own, because everyone is ‘entitled’ to a new car. If you purchase your car before the end of the year, you will receive four ‘free’ tires (does not include mounting).

In order to make sure everyone purchases an ‘affordable car,’ the cost of owning a car will increase on average of 250-400% per year. This way, wealthy people will pay more for something that other people don’t want or can’t afford to maintain. But, to be fair, people who can’t afford to maintain their car will be regularly fined and children (under the age of 26) can use their parents car(s) to drive until they turn 27, after which date they must purchase their own car.

If you already have a car, you can keep yours (not really). If you don’t want or don’t need a car, you are required to buy one anyhow. If you refuse to buy one or can’t afford one, you will be regularly fined $800 until you purchase one, or face imprisonment. If you cannot (or don’t want to) purchase an ‘affordable car’ from a private business, you can buy a starter car from the U. S. government ‘affordable car exchange.’ Such a car will have the basic necessities and will only cost ‘slightly more’ than a similar car purchased from a private business. Plus, since your tax dollars will subsidize the purchase of a car from the U. S. government’s ‘affordable car exchange,’ it will appear that you are getting a good deal.

Failure to use the car will also result in fines. People living in areas with no access to roads are not exempt. Pre-existing conditions such as age, motion sickness, experience, knowledge, nor lack of desire are not acceptable excuses for not using your car.

A government review board will decide everything, including when, where, how often, and for what purposes you can use your car, along with how many people can ride in your car. The board will also determine if one is too old or healthy enough to be able to use their car, and will also decide if your car has out lived its usefulness or if you must purchase specific accessories like spinning rims or a newer and more expensive car.

Those that can afford luxury cars will be required to do so … it’s only fair. The government will also decide the color for each car. Failure to comply with these rules will result in fines and possible imprisonment.

Government officials are exempt from this new law. If they want a car, they and their families can obtain cars free at the expense of tax payers. This includes lifetime maintenance and automatic adjustments for fuel charges.

Unions, bankers, and mega companies with large political affiliations ($$$), Muslims and Amish are also exempt.

(S A T I R E by S. Soloman that has been altered from boats to cars.)

lol, Found this on the Web, just wanted to add some humor to the subject.It's not "real" just an example of how we are getting screwed by this BS. Heath Care...

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Hit the nail on the head... ^^^^ Sure it's "Really" satire? Health Care, Car Care and then... Housing Care... Everybody should have one, weather they work or Not. Some people have more than one. "How Darrrre Youuuu Succeed in A Shitty Economy" (in A Deep Growling voice like Satan Himself) "You must be rich and therefor should "Give" your collection of houses to those that can't afford them" We (Federal Government) are not in the business of building houses (could you Imagine the Fucking Price, Nobody would be able to afford anything, oops, Kinda like Obama Care) but we "Are" in the business of imposing A Tax or A Mandate. You will "Voluntarily" give these Extra house's to those that don't have them or "We" will mandate A "Stiff Tax Penalty" in the current home that you do live in... until the point at which you will no longer be able to afford to live in said house... Welcome to the "New" Utopian Society of the last 5 yrs. Where success is demonized and poverty is rewarded... :grumpy:

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

The Irony of it all is the fact that those that are eligible for subsidies are separated (By design me imagines) from those that don't (the "Rich" 50K single 60K married, not eligible for subsidies) by such a fine line that simply by Marriage (or Don't ask her and Loose the married Tax Deductions) or A better job they could loose their health care and be in for A "Huge" surprise @ the fact of "Just How Much it Really Costs / Hurts their budget... What happened to those QE1, QE2, QE3 Obama stimulus plans that were by design to help my 50K rich friends that were battling foreclosure just to keep their house let alone being "Bitch Slapped" after by Obama Care???

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

i need surgery on my back and im scared to build a house i do it all but that fucked me up had a friend that got surgery and is in a wheel chair it was goverment aid payed for the surgery yes he sued and 150 goes fast not worth not walking.. so does that mean if i were to get surgery threw the goverment i could never see my petter again and half assed??? i mean im old but fuck i run aroe i wont be able to get back into the airoe or crawl under it.. im scared to build my back hurts even as i drive oxy doesnt help nore does the weed so if we were to get insurance im shure the rich will only share their high end doctors with each other??
No One deserves that thump... I just think there was A better more efficient and safe way of doing it than the "Obama" way of out right "Smuggling" this Turd into law and having to defend their actions week after week as it keeps going farther South... The lies the Deception, I wouldn't even call A person like that "My Friend" let alone A President of the People, for the People... ;)

Canappa

Canappa

Truth, I am not all into my politics as I should but I do pay attention to whats going in the world today. I have always told my friends and family watch there will be no middle class, its either your rich or your poor. I just spent the last 4 years, to get my Bachelor degree in business. Its been a year since I graduated, this is after being out of school for 20yrs also. I did not go back to school to work for anybody, I'am working on opening my own business,and auto repair shop, been working on cars for 25yrs. "I have the skills to pay the bills" and that all I can do,I know I wont be rich but at least I will have a job. I grew up broke so I know how to handle hard times. Just wish my health care was a sure thing. But who said money does not grow on trees...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom