Who on the Farm Signed up for Obama Care?

• Thread starter SoCal 420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Shtf

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Hacked: LifeLock CEO spanked by identity thieves … 13 times.

Let’s end “hacked” week with one from the “you can’t make this stuff” file.
LifeLock is one of the companies that monitors the credit applications and credit worthiness inquires.
Todd Davis became LifeLock’s CEO when the company’s founder was ousted for making repeated misleading statements about his shady past and the company’s origins.
For a couple of years, Mr. Davis was prominent in LifeLock’s ads … revealing his social security number and daring identity thieves to crack his code.
Bad idea.

Image thumb27

Reportedly, Mr. Davis has had his identity stolen at least 13 times since his taunt-the-thieves commercials.

According to Wired and the Phoenix New Times …
“Apparently, when you publish your Social Security number prominently on your website and billboards, people take it as an invitation to steal your identity.”
LifeLock CEO Todd Davis, whose number is displayed in the company’s ubiquitous advertisements, has by now learned that lesson.
He’s been a victim of identity theft at least 13 times.
Here’s a sampling:
  • In June 2007, Davis was the victim of identity theft when someone used his identity to obtain a $500 loan from a check-cashing company. Davis discovered the crime only after the company called his wife’s cellphone to recover the unpaid debt.
  • About four months later, Davis’ identity was stolen again by someone in Albany, Georgia, who opened an AT&T/Cingular wireless account using his Social Security number. The perpetrator racked up $2,390 in charges on the account, which remained unpaid. Davis only learned a year later that his identity had been stolen again after AT&T handed off the debt to a collection agency and a note appeared on his credit report.
  • Last year, Davis discovered seven more fraudulent accounts on his credit report: a Verizon account in New York, an account at a Texas utility, an account withSwiss Colony, a gift-basket company,
Reportedly, Mr. Davis is being dogged by at least five collection agencies .
To add insult to injury, LifeLock got slapped with a #12 million fine by the Federal Trade Commission for deceptive advertising …. since the service didn’t really stop identity thieves from feasting on Mr. Davis’ social security number.
Ouch
=====
Moral of the story
You can read this one a couple of different ways.
Resist the “see, it doesn’t work” interpretation.
The dufass did lay the info out in public and dared the bad guys to take a whack.
So, “only 13 times” probably isn’t bad.
Rather, accept that identity theft can happen to anybody … even the CEO of LifeLock.
I’m glad that I had my ID guard subscription in place this summer to get the alerts.
The mess would have been worse if things had gone unchecked for a couple of months.
At least I was able to nip this rash of fraud attempts in the bud.
P.S. I don’t use LifeLock because it’s more expensive than other services that provide essentially the same services.
I figure that LifeLock is just charging more to fund its goofy ad campaigns.

Link Here -> -> -> -> http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/05/lifelock-identity-theft/

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Fool me Once, Shame on Me, Fool Me Twice...
Bet people will be "Reading" that Bill / Law from now on Instead of Believing what they are "Spoon Fed"... ;)

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, Country Music Awards... Perform "Obama Care by Morning"

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Barack Obama 012

Uh, Yes... The Website will be "Fixed" and working "Easy" like Amazon or Travelocity by the end of November... (Here comes the "Spin") Their is "No On-Line Security" to protect people from Identity Theft while signing up for Obama Care But, But, But, But, (Obama Stutter when He Lies) Once Hackers Breach the Health Care .Gov Website we are willing to Hire them as "Obama Care Navigators" (We do No criminal Background Checks) so they can tell the public "How the Hell They Got on the Website" Then... "People" can get on it their selves to sign up... o_O

Last edited:
putembk

putembk

What a fucking mess. Wondering how many Billions if not Trillions this will ultimately end up costing the country before it's all said and done. Definition of a Cluster Fuck....Government Intervention.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Pretty sad and it just continues on like everything is A-OK.

putembk

putembk

Hey fish, have you been dropped? From what I hear most everybody over 50 on an individual plan is being 86ed from their current plan. Yesterday Obama said he would make and adjustment so you could keep your current plan. Today the ins companies said No! You will have to re-sign up at a higher rate. Wondering how a certain individual can walk openly in public without having a set of cross hairs focused on him. News comes on in a couple of minutes...can't wait for todays daily ration of Bull Shit.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Not yet pute but my premiums went up 440.00 a month for my wife and I and they say they are either going up more or they are going to drop us(IF i dont drop them first,lol)., i have kaiser.California is hardest hit so far but we are always the first,im sure there is much more carnage to come,plenty to go around for all americans,Fuck yeah hope and change!

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Imagine if you were A company/ business... You were told to do something because it is "The Law of the Land"... That took 3 years for the "Government" to get where it is now... Then your being told "Aw Shucks" don't worry about that law... I'm The President and I'm not going to actually "Enforce" the Law ;) So go ahead and "Break the Law" You have 30 days to "Make it Happen" or now it will be Your Fault for "Doing What I Told You to Do That I'm Telling You Not to Do Now" When you "Explain It" in simple terms it makes complete sense now right? :shifty:

"I Made A Law"... I'm Telling You to "Break It" Me and Eric Holder WILL NOT COME BACK AND SCREW YOU LATER... PERIOD
You Have my Word
... :finger:

Last edited:
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

We actually do own a couple businesses,A few years ago we had over a dozen full time employees but i chose to switch to independent contractors for most everything these days and we do less than 25% of the work we used to,just too many hoops to jump through,AQMD,taxes,med insurance,Illegal alien competition,city,county and state bullshit so NO more employees for us,If you make a dollar the state wants a dollar twenty five,lol.
Luckily we are 100% debt free and could retire modestly now if we had to but at 1200 a month for med insurance money goes FAST.

putembk

putembk

Used to be part owner of a small business and just like you fish would have found many ways to lower expenses. Less full time employees and more part time and more contract labor. Demand more from each employee and so on. The American business owner is smart, adaptable and unlike the govt knows how to watch the bottom line.

Question: has anyone on here benefited from the Affordable Health Care Act? If so tell us how. I suspect a few will benefit but most are looking at inferior coverage at a higher price.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

I was thinking from an Insurance Company point of view... They are supposedly going to "Magically" re-instate Millions of canceled policies because "Obama Says So"... (He's Crappin' His Pants) within the next 31 days to prevent A coverage lapse suffered by those that have been canceled due to "His" broken promise...

"If You Like Your Insurance, You Can Keep Your Insurance... Period"

So far roughly 100,000 people have enrolled, many going to Medicare / Medicaid. because they can't afford health care (so they are technically not enrolled in Obama Care Plans) Approx. 27,000 by the Obama Care website...

Their are 50,000 Obama Care Navigators being paid between $20 - $50 per hour, to navigate people to A website that doesn't work. If they enrolled in Obama Care that accounts for Half of the enrollies... They will not even enroll the same amount of people that have been dropped /canceled from coverage they had before the Obama Care Law...

Insurance companies are governed by State Insurance Commissioners... and wrapped in A Shit Load of Federal Mandates / Red Tape but they are not Federally Controlled, so Obama can't order them to do Shit, Not to mention the fact that is technically A crime to disregard the Affordable Care Act Law... So Obama the Brilliant "Professor of Law from Harvard" just keeps breaking one after another (Law) deciding what part of Affordable Health Care Act he will enforce or not to Save His Ass as he sinks deeper and deeper into the Pile of Shit he created... Shut the Government Down Over and Lied his Ass Off to get Passed / Re-Elected as President...

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

Used to be part owner of a small business and just like you fish would have found many ways to lower expenses. Less full time employees and more part time and more contract labor. Demand more from each employee and so on. The American business owner is smart, adaptable and unlike the govt knows how to watch the bottom line.

Question: has anyone on here benefited from the Affordable Health Care Act? If so tell us how. I suspect a few will benefit but most are looking at inferior coverage at a higher price.
Is that why 2/3 of all small business fail? And excuse me, but demand more for less from each employee? Production in this country has gone up drastically while wages have stayed stagnant over the last 30 years. Haven't the employees given enough? It's always less less less on the wages for a working man in this country while the employer wants more more more.

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

View attachment 351790

Uh, Yes... The Website will be "Fixed" and working "Easy" like Amazon or Travelocity by the end of November... (Here comes the "Spin") Their is "No On-Line Security" to protect people from Identity Theft while signing up for Obama Care But, But, But, But, (Obama Stutter when He Lies) Once Hackers Breach the Health Care .Gov Website we are willing to Hire them as "Obama Care Navigators" (We do No criminal Background Checks) so they can tell the public "How the Hell They Got on the Website" Then... "People" can get on it their selves to sign up... o_O
It is fixed and VERY EASY to navigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom