Who Says Girls Can't Fight? Help Me Help The Good Fight!

• Thread starter imacannagirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

imacannagirl

Hi! I am in the process of launching a Cannabis related business that would promote legalization of home growing. I think it is safe to say that we would all breathe a sigh of relief if we didn't have to worry about our plant(s) or even our grow rooms being punishable offenses.
I am in the beginning stages (although hopefully it will move fast) of this project and am looking to gain support and maybe bounce some ideas off everyone. I am going to help fund the good fight against prohibition and in the meantime make it easier for the personal use grower to find everything they need to begin or maintain a successful legal home cannabis grow. This is a huge project to take on and I have started it on less than a shoestring budget. I do have some support in the IT dept. from a friend but moving forward I am going to need much help and in many forms.
Please if anyone has a background in e-commerce PM me. There will be an upcoming crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo so be ready to pass the word! I am also in need of an original short video production. Again, please PM me for details. These are exciting times my friends, very exciting indeed!
Thanks everyone, be safe and much karma and love for every little plant you have growing!

I

imacannagirl

What would you guys give for 15% off grow supplies, for life? I mean nutrients, soils, lights, hydro equipment, all of it? I'm thinking about a promotion for the campaign. Maybe make that a perk at the $500 level. if someone knew they were going to be growing for a long time. How many of you are lifetime growers?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I get 25 percent off at the hydro store that I go to now just for being a loyal customer. And I didn't have to help them start their business.

Billyboat

Billyboat

10-15 years too late...

Back before there was a hydro shop on every corner and your couldn't dare mention Mary Jane in the shop, this would be gold...

In fact the first shop I started buying stuff from almost 10 years ago had a members only price, pay 100 bucks a year for 20% off.

I

imacannagirl

You guys realize I am trying to further legalization yes? It takes money. Money that isn't rightly being contributed by the Big Canna Companies. Or us for that matter, the home grower. You call me a spammer, because I am trying to do something about prohibition on my own time, what you think that by me running a fundraiser that I'm some kind of money grubbin' capitalist? I grow at home (well I did, and will) like you only I want to take measures to change the fact that we could GO TO JAIL for what we are doing. Do you think because I want to open a business that I want to become a pot billionaire? I work. I goto a job everyday then after everything else I work on this.
I'll go away. Ask your local guy how he can afford to give 25% off and why you of all their customers are you the only one who gets a discount? Don't think so, loyalty is great but when they are making house payments off me buying grow tent and light, somethings not right. My Father went to the same mechanic that ripped him off for forty years because he wanted to think he had a good deal going with a decent mechanic. I hope your local guy is treating people right but my gut is telling me different. My difference will be low overhead (online) so I will be able to sell things at a reasonable price.
I want a place where all of our different supplies could be bought at a decent price with % going to NORML and other local legalization campaigns, wouldn't that be a good thing? People that want change do not get it by sitting around waiting for it, they organize, throw money at it, wait then finally get a vote. I'm just trying to throw more money at it. Sorry.

I

imacannagirl

There isn't a hydro shop on every corner every where in the states. In fact my city, largest or 2nd largest in the state has 1. It took me 5 trips, three stores, 2 nurserys and eBay to collect together the stuff I needed to do a seed run. Fun. If I could've bought all that online, for a good price with some of it foing towards legalization? I think I'm right on time...

Billyboat

Billyboat

Monster gardens is a one stop shop and very competitive in pricing... @GR33NL3AF

squiggly

squiggly

The reality is there are already many movements which support legalization and if we want to support that effort our best bet is to contribute where headway is already being made, rather than investing into an offshoot.

We need this message to be less fractured, not more.

I applaud you for your initiative, and even more for choosing such a difficult cause--but if I'm being honest I think this idea was dead before it was born.

I hope that you prove me wrong and I wish you the best.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
You guys realize I am trying to further legalization yes? It takes money. Money that isn't rightly being contributed by the Big Canna Companies. Or us for that matter, the home grower. You call me a spammer, because I am trying to do something about prohibition on my own time, what you think that by me running a fundraiser that I'm some kind of money grubbin' capitalist? I grow at home (well I did, and will) like you only I want to take measures to change the fact that we could GO TO JAIL for what we are doing. Do you think because I want to open a business that I want to become a pot billionaire? I work. I goto a job everyday then after everything else I work on this.
I'll go away. Ask your local guy how he can afford to give 25% off and why you of all their customers are you the only one who gets a discount? Don't think so, loyalty is great but when they are making house payments off me buying grow tent and light, somethings not right. My Father went to the same mechanic that ripped him off for forty years because he wanted to think he had a good deal going with a decent mechanic. I hope your local guy is treating people right but my gut is telling me different. My difference will be low overhead (online) so I will be able to sell things at a reasonable price.
I want a place where all of our different supplies could be bought at a decent price with % going to NORML and other local legalization campaigns, wouldn't that be a good thing? People that want change do not get it by sitting around waiting for it, they organize, throw money at it, wait then finally get a vote. I'm just trying to throw more money at it. Sorry.

You speak in innuendos, we have never seen you before, you have a lot of sound bites but no real information in your post, you just insulted everybody's hydro store, and you're very assuming, then you come out of nowhere wanting money.
This forum is populated by educated and wise individuals who can see through transparent bullshit like yours. Try Facebook or something , your wasting your time here.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
so what is it exactly that you're doing? Are you forming an organization for the legalization of marijuana in your state? Or are you trying to open a hydro store and give us all discounts? Your lack of details is shady.

Ladyv

Ladyv

You speak in innuendos, we have never seen you before, you have a lot of sound bites but no real information in your post, you just insulted everybody's hydro store, and you're very assuming, then you come out of nowhere wanting money.
This forum is populated by educated and wise individuals who can see through transparent bullshit like yours. Try Facebook or something , your wasting your time here.

Ditto

I

imacannagirl

I am speaking in generalizations because these situations are generally the case. I talk loosely about my business because it is in its infancy and I just do not have details yet. I haven't asked anyone for money. Yet.

MG does carry a lot. They have a LED bulb that was on my wholesale list for $6.xx priced at $63. Nobody likes being told they have been getting shafted. I don't see one link @ MG for activism, donations for legalization, in fact I don't see mention of cannabis, only innuendo that this is what their products are designed for.

I'm not trying to rip people off, I'm trying to originate a win/win. For us and the good fight. I am new to the forum, my hopes and ideas are untrustworthy? What BS of mine are you seeing through? That I am actually trying to make a difference through commerce or that I want legalization and it takes money to get there?

I am shooting for an online only retail grow shop, all inclusive geared toward the personal use, home grower. Not commercial growers, not dealers. People that grow for themselves and friends. With this I plan to donate, inform, basically keep the campaign for legalization going through legal sales and at the same time save us a ton kf money by pricing things reasonably and fairly by keeping overhead low and not being greedy as this would not be my main source of income.

I

imacannagirl

Sorry for thinking I could do something good for everyone at once. It is a rare thing when the powers that be let it happen.

squiggly

squiggly

Sorry for thinking I could do something good for everyone at once. It is a rare thing when the powers that be let it happen.

If people were interested in helping you after your first post I can assure you that now they certainly are not, and here are three reasons why:

1. You're being passive agressive.
2. You're whining.
3. A passive aggressive whiner couldn't move the needle on this issue to save their mother from the electric chair.

TLDR:

Quit while you are slightly behind and before you get lapped.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
so you want to open a hydro shop and a good amount of the proceeds are going to go to organizations

yes, actually. i am one of about 4 people who get 30% off.. they barely make money off me (and i spend a ton) and in return i send people their way when they ask me where to shop..

i think you need to just say exactly what you want to do. its in your head, even if you type it out and it doesnt make sense... people here will work with you to make it make sense. the way you are coming across with vagueness it looks like spam work

I

imacannagirl

Passive aggressive, spam? More like sad and disheartened. I don't (obviously) know the etiquette of a forum. I do know that attacking someone who is trying to fight for your freedoms, so that you maybe don't go to jail for gardening (ya'll are probably too young to know Arlo Guthrie) is akin to "hangin' yourself for litterin'". If someone had told me they had the energy and drive to be an activist, we supported them. This is why I am sad. What is happening in this country when a proponent for legalization is faced with accusatory, angry, hurtful language from the very people said activist is fighting for? We (my generation, which I'm guessing is a few decades older than most of you) could recognized people on our own team, are the waters really that muddy today?
Go away, quit while I'm behind? Is it that hopeless that you folks aren't even willing to try? Or is it that forum spammers (?) have ruined the format for asking for support? I mean it is understood that $5 from a few hundred people can do much more good in a concentrated effort, yes? Compound that money and put it to work and now the beginning of something strong has taken place.

Its not a fracture that I propose but a new artery to pump more blood into the beating heart of legalization in the USA. I am going to continue, as is the way when in a fight, until it is won, with or without your support. In front, behind, lapped, lookin' good or beat to shit, it is much bigger than all of us, what I'm fighting for. I mean, imagine what a hands off approach by Law Enforcement would feel like.... Christmas, your birthday, the moon landing, your 1st time ;> all rolled into one. All of a sudden, there is no fear of growing, no end to the possibilities for your gardens. I have seen things accomplished I never could've imagined but it took everyone to come together and get behind the cause and "do something"! This is where I am coming from. Sorry it was so difficult to explain and either way I hope everyone here stays safe and one day realizes the freedom that we all deserve.

The right to grow.

suomynona

suomynona

I, and most other educated folks involved with gardening cannabis, assume when the us fed govt legalizes they will not allow home gardening. You really seem to have an awesome drive but you are not very educated in what you think you want to do. Do alot more research and find out what the feds already do, as well as legal states.

I will straight up apologize for calling you a spammer if you are not one. However you are thin skinned and your reactions in your thread show it. Toughen up if you plan to be involved in this industry in any way legally and/or financially. My 2 cents.

Good luck in all you do!

Top Bottom