Who Says Girls Can't Fight? Help Me Help The Good Fight!

• Thread starter imacannagirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

Passive aggressive, spam? More like sad and disheartened. I don't (obviously) know the etiquette of a forum.

Obviously.

I do know that attacking someone who is trying to fight for your freedoms, so that you maybe don't go to jail for gardening (ya'll are probably too young to know Arlo Guthrie) is akin to "hangin' yourself for litterin'".

It wasn't an attack, it was an observation. A salient one I might add.

You might be careful about assuming we're all too young here, probably half the community here is middle-aged and we've got more than our fair helping of old fogeys.

Also, it's very much worth noting that I owe you nothing. I didn't ask you to "fight for my freedoms"--I'm quite capable of fighting for myself, thank you very much.

If someone had told me they had the energy and drive to be an activist, we supported them. This is why I am sad. What is happening in this country when a proponent for legalization is faced with accusatory, angry, hurtful language from the very people said activist is fighting for? We (my generation, which I'm guessing is a few decades older than most of you) could recognized people on our own team, are the waters really that muddy today?

Read the second section of comments above a second time. It applied equally to this snippet.

I don't recall putting together or joining a team, and I'd thank you to leave me out of it.

Go away, quit while I'm behind? Is it that hopeless that you folks aren't even willing to try? Or is it that forum spammers (?) have ruined the format for asking for support? I mean it is understood that $5 from a few hundred people can do much more good in a concentrated effort, yes? Compound that money and put it to work and now the beginning of something strong has taken place.
It's not that there's no platform for support here at the farm. The issue is that we're not amped up about supporting you specifically. As I've already said the truth is that if we really want shit to get done there are better places to put our money for now. If you had a fully functioning operation going then that might be different, but right now you've got nothing but an idea. Ideas don't always work.

Had it occurred to you that maybe we just don't want to throw money at an unproven idea, or for that matter an idea which might ultimately benefit you financially? We don't know who you are, where you're from, or what you've been--and it surprises you that we're a bit cautious about throwing money at strangers?

Come on.

If you ARE a few decades older than me, I'd expect you will have learned something about normal social interaction by now. When someone appears out of the blue and asks for money, generally people get a bit apprehensive.

Its not a fracture that I propose but a new artery to pump more blood into the beating heart of legalization in the USA. I am going to continue, as is the way when in a fight, until it is won, with or without your support. In front, behind, lapped, lookin' good or beat to shit, it is much bigger than all of us, what I'm fighting for. I mean, imagine what a hands off approach by Law Enforcement would feel like.... Christmas, your birthday, the moon landing, your 1st time ;> all rolled into one. All of a sudden, there is no fear of growing, no end to the possibilities for your gardens. I have seen things accomplished I never could've imagined but it took everyone to come together and get behind the cause and "do something"! This is where I am coming from. Sorry it was so difficult to explain and either way I hope everyone here stays safe and one day realizes the freedom that we all deserve.

The right to grow.

More power to you. As I said earlier I hope that you prove me wrong and I wish you the best.

If it was hurtful of me to call out your passive-aggressiveness (whether intended or not, this is the only way to read your comments)--then perhaps take it as an example of how not to win people over to your side.

It is, as you said, clear that you lack forum ettiquette. Instead of blaming that on us, perhaps its time you look within and adjust yourself to the demands of the community you are trying to involve yourself with.

I'm glad you're passionate, and I'm glad you're determined--so far these are the only indications I have that you've got what it takes to be successful. Run with that and keep the "woe is me" stuff to yourself, it won't help you with the public--and it certainly won't help you here.

All the best,
Squigs

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Did somebody say something about the significance of a pickle?

Not only is @imacannagirl thinned skinned and assumtive. She's is clearly out of her league here intellectually....
What I'm trying to say is go away....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Folks, can we make fewer assumptions about others, and try being a little more friendly? Please? We've already run off that guy who was running for a seat in WI on a pro-cannabis platform a few years ago, we've run off Microbeman, we've run off a Hussey (look at the authoring credits in Elaine Ingham's book), let's not make it a habit.
Passive aggressive, spam? More like sad and disheartened. I don't (obviously) know the etiquette of a forum. I do know that attacking someone who is trying to fight for your freedoms, so that you maybe don't go to jail for gardening (ya'll are probably too young to know Arlo Guthrie) is akin to "hangin' yourself for litterin'". If someone had told me they had the energy and drive to be an activist, we supported them. This is why I am sad. What is happening in this country when a proponent for legalization is faced with accusatory, angry, hurtful language from the very people said activist is fighting for? We (my generation, which I'm guessing is a few decades older than most of you) could recognized people on our own team, are the waters really that muddy today?
Go away, quit while I'm behind? Is it that hopeless that you folks aren't even willing to try? Or is it that forum spammers (?) have ruined the format for asking for support? I mean it is understood that $5 from a few hundred people can do much more good in a concentrated effort, yes? Compound that money and put it to work and now the beginning of something strong has taken place.

Its not a fracture that I propose but a new artery to pump more blood into the beating heart of legalization in the USA. I am going to continue, as is the way when in a fight, until it is won, with or without your support. In front, behind, lapped, lookin' good or beat to shit, it is much bigger than all of us, what I'm fighting for. I mean, imagine what a hands off approach by Law Enforcement would feel like.... Christmas, your birthday, the moon landing, your 1st time ;> all rolled into one. All of a sudden, there is no fear of growing, no end to the possibilities for your gardens. I have seen things accomplished I never could've imagined but it took everyone to come together and get behind the cause and "do something"! This is where I am coming from. Sorry it was so difficult to explain and either way I hope everyone here stays safe and one day realizes the freedom that we all deserve.

The right to grow.
The second option, we've been spammed to death over the years. I'm sorry you've gotten the kind of reception you have here, but please understand that many of us have our own history, and therefore issues, with the organizations you want us to support. We are indeed a fractured bunch.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Good luck with that sea but I don't believe anyone new who starts a thread asking for money is ever gonna get or should get treated friendly were trained as human beings not to trust strangers and 99 / 100 times it's the best bet

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not as human beings, as Americans. Our attitudes have a lot to do with the inequality in this country, and that's not just opinion, it turns out it's a scientific fact. :)

I

imacannagirl

Thanks Sea but I'm afraid I've tried and spent all of the time I'm going to here. Consider me "ran off". There are a ton of other places that are supportive, beyond financially and much much more friendly.

Squid- I didn't read your post but from the mere size of it, if you put 1/2 the effort towards blah blah blah nevermind, you don't care and I'm no longer going to beat my head against the wall.

All the best to the folks here, really. I hope that you all continue to grow safely. Please do what you can for the legalization of personal use, home growing locally, wherever you are.

Calixylon

Calixylon

If you had proposed your ideas and plans before asking for financial support im sure you would have been greeted rather warmly. You dont even have a website or anything that you can show your previous accomplishments and efforts towards your plan. Sorry to say, "weak" but you went about this in a very strange way. Did you expect some poeple to just send you money with no way of verifying its going nywhere but your pocket.

What grow store of website do we get this lifetime discount? And you went from $500- to getting $5 from everyone. Sorry your finished here, but honestly, look at this from an outside perspective. Its suspicious and seems like a scam. If you seriously were willing to do this becasue you fully believe in this, prove us wrong. But you running away becsue people were suspicious, to me seems like you were just trying to line your pockets.

Most of us on this website have dealt with the illegal side of things for many years, so for you to honestly expect your approach to work, i dont blame anyone for thinking your a youngin who has no experience. I hope you the best as well, id love to see homegrowing legalized and allowed, but honestly even if the country goes recreational i dont ever see it happening. Moonshine is still illegal, but everyone drinks.

I will be the first one to throw you a few bucks for the cause, if i know its legitamate, but 500 for one gal trying to change the country, im sorry that wont ever happen.

suomynona

suomynona

In your third post on this site you ask where is the best place online to get supplies. Isnt that an odd question for you to ask? I would assume you have done at least a full year of online ordering, market research, social networking etc....

You tried to approach this thread as if you have a great plan, are older or more mature than the rest of us, and the fact is you are perceived as young and naive.

I agree with @Seamaiden to an extent, but my real life experience speaks volumes to what you do not comprehend. I am not trying to be mean at all either. I am a realist and know how the business side of things work, and well, you just do not.

Again, i do wish you well in all you do, as is my hope for most humans. @imacannagirl

Latest posts

Top Bottom