• Thread starter FlyinJStable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Hey Farmer Family I have a chance to do a Real interesting Side By Side run of
T5 LED replacement Lights.
SAID to be direct plug in and GROW.
I have been waiting for a REAL DAYLIGHT or Bright White replacement LED 6000K and
I believe now is a great time to see what is Working and what is NOT>

2 Seedlings 2 Clones under Three single element Fixtures LED Company No. 1
2 Seedlings 2 Clones under Three single element Fixtures LED Company No. 2
2 Seedlings 2 Clones under Three single element Fixtures LED Company No. 3

I will not uncover who is who till the votes are in as to who produced a Better Growing Veg
I will cover Information like the Foot print light output spec sheet info as best I can from each
Light Co.
BUT remember for me this is about what one is growing better looks Good and is a
DIRECT T5 replacement
Lets see who has what it takes to handle the Fly J VEG > > > > > > :cool:

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Im down for a side by side by the j-man.alwayscgood to see what truely works and wat doesnt ect.
charge on j im right behind ya

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Im down for a side by side
Sweet
Glad to see yaz here
I have been doing the research with one of the owners of My local Hydro store
with the intro of the t-8 and t-12 by various lighting companies it seems only The t-5 and now some very HI END T-5 are being made
so with that info
I was able to put together a few companies prototype lights
I cant say who makes them YET
but they are Very TYPE oriented to the growing industry. so Should be some interesting outcome
Glad your here B Man

I am currently vegging 10 seedlings under 4 Transcend Lighting T5 LEDs
Yea bro, seen your thread, Keep doin what ya can its always a good thing to see the hard work people
do.
Super grow vibes FlyJ

along for the ride.
OUTSTANDING Broski welcome to the stable and the show I will be getting the 3rd set of Lights any day now
They are a one off build right now so I have to be patient with the Company, the Idea is to have a single extruded plastic tube over the light assembly but this company is using a Glass tube 1/2 coated.
we shall see

Good to see you......
Thanks J man as always good to see you
I have been very busy with my school and I seemed to fall head long into this light thing so I figured why not share and get real grower feed back AND PLAY WITH SOME LIGHTS

cheers and good vibes
NED Kelly
Very kewl to have ya peruse at the House of The Flyin J you are always welcome, have a bowl loaded and a bean bag reserved.

So as it stands The plan is to set all 3 systems up with the same nutes time heat everything I can do to make it as fare as I can (Clones from one Mother) .
Tracking on Package #2 and I have #1 along with the build of #3 Has me Set to START May 1st
The Plant will BE @Medusa Poison Ivy . . . . . . .One of the Top Ladies in the House of the Flyin J
Peace Farmers
FlyJ

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Sweet
Glad to see yaz here
I have been doing the research with one of the owners of My local Hydro store
with the intro of the t-8 and t-12 by various lighting companies it seems only The t-5 and now some very HI END T-5 are being made
so with that info
I was able to put together a few companies prototype lights
I cant say who makes them YET
but they are Very TYPE oriented to the growing industry. so Should be some interesting outcome
Glad your here B Man

Yea bro, seen your thread, Keep doin what ya can its always a good thing to see the hard work people
do.
Super grow vibes FlyJ

OUTSTANDING Broski welcome to the stable and the show I will be getting the 3rd set of Lights any day now
They are a one off build right now so I have to be patient with the Company, the Idea is to have a single extruded plastic tube over the light assembly but this company is using a Glass tube 1/2 coated.
we shall see

Thanks J man as always good to see you
I have been very busy with my school and I seemed to fall head long into this light thing so I figured why not share and get real grower feed back AND PLAY WITH SOME LIGHTS

NED Kelly
Very kewl to have ya peruse at the House of The Flyin J you are always welcome, have a bowl loaded and a bean bag reserved.

So as it stands The plan is to set all 3 systems up with the same nutes time heat everything I can do to make it as fare as I can (Clones from one Mother) .
Tracking on Package #2 and I have #1 along with the build of #3 Has me Set to START May 1st
The Plant will BE @Medusa Poison Ivy . . . . . . .One of the Top Ladies in the House of the Flyin J
Peace Farmers
FlyJ
M appologises but doesnt seem to be able to log on .

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Almost ready
So lets talk plane Jane, not MeryJane , just KISS What do ya think the 1st growers indoors Said about the use of HPS AND MH ? I am willing to bet it was less scientific and more like…
“Hey dude I bet that bright ass ware house light could grow some big azz plants in the barn, Yea /?” But it do look a bit Radish-orange kinda like the fall colors….
You remember last fall with that Payote the ol Man gave ya ….with the whole lotta colors that daze.

My buddy was able to get a few from that old car lot they closed down last month. Betting they werk out Good. Or better than them long tube ones you are using now. With a few mess ups with the 220V wires and a few burnt eye balls I bet it was Kinda like that…

Well anyway Lets say for sake of simple I wanted a LED that was WHITE WHITE kinda blue white But not Red and blue… I want to see my girls and check for deficiency’s or JUST want to see um Ya Know? Look at this set up with just one lil store bought LED . . . . This is a 90W 23W flood light with the cover taken off 5000k puts out a real nice WHITE light. Cuts seem very Happy.
CreeFL 5
CreeFL 3

That’s why when the chance to replace the T5 HO came up I thought Hey why Not. ?

Here is what a few light Manufacturing Places could build

Set #1 is a heat sinked 36w unit w a coated cover tube

Set #2 is a Heat sinked 36w unit w clear glass and Gold contacts

Set #3 is Heat Sinked 36W unit w Clear Glass but are Blue and Red as a Base

Set #4 is yet to show up
T5Test 1
This if anything else will be Cool to just see the Differences.
Peace Farmers
FlyJ

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Cool. In my April picture/post I was using 4 TLs, now 6, and soon 8- 4 red + 4 white

Distance between nodes is tight

I could move 4 into my dual Mini-Me F & D now, but waiting until I get an Amare SE 250. They are also working on a 3ft x 8" long light: I'm guessing Cobs with some 3-5w diodes in between.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Hows the t5 led test runs going j?
Oops Thanks for the Heads up @keiksweat I am glad to say we are all set to Grow lol.

I been getting a few more Brother Vets set up with there own gardens of Dreams Anywhoot,.

Hope that your Gardens are green and the Crystal Tricombs have Been Gleaming.
So Group PTSD have been setting up for the Beta testing of the T5 HO LED Units.
As a grower with a few cups of coco under my nails, “It is CRITICAL” to make sure
the root system of all the clones we are using be well built and spreading out inside the
Solo cups. It would be a poor test to take the clones from the Cloner and straight to the Test
So the last 10-14 days have been to make sure the Clones health would not be a Major factor

LET THE TEST BEGIN

This is week one with 4 Clones under each LED T5

5-22-2016 – 5-28-2016
Tray A
T5 Test A2

Tray B
T5 Test B2
THE LIGHT in tray B seems to be much brighter to the EYE, But it is early yet Lets wait and SEE.
Tray A and Tray B only as the red and blue LED did not meet the Test window.
T5Test 4

I may use them down the road but for this test only white appearing LED’s are used.
I will update the Test every week,

Peace and super Grow Vibes Farmers
FlyJ

I do not represent an LED company
nor do I suggest either manufacturer of the LED T5 used for this Test

THIS IS FOR Information and the Fun of the Run.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

More information:
the Clones are picked based on two each as close to the same as I could get.
Its not perfect but they are close. the feeding is 100% the same
as well as the way they were cloned.
I will not disclose the Manufacturer till the end of Veg, the Girls will go into 2-3 gal soft pots in 2 weeks and will continue too veg for 4 more, SO stay with Us

I will also use this thread to update you all on a Local Guy who is Building his own 1k DE Light Its Called Revelution2
A Square Wave double ended Light that is going to be 500 bucks each and put out major light
Revolutionmicro.com/revolution-products
PLEASE Remember I do this for no other reason than Fun and for the information, I have been told the Square wave operates at 100hz insted of the 70,000 or 100,000hz and that its puts out DANG NEAR ZERO EMS
FWIW anyone looking to get a DE soon should scope it out.
Peace
FlyJ

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Hey Super Farmers
Hope all is well with you and yourz.
I started with 4 summer classes this Term and its a major PITA
seems the closer I get to the Biochemist parts the harder the Classes lol
Any way lets talk Lights
The coated t5 led is starting to sage in the fixtures a Bit and honestly they are just not doing it as well to the Vegging plants as the clear ones

I have to addmit the clear ones seem to be built a whole lot better and are growing some great looking
Plants.
My electric bill dropped 14.00 dollars this month, that say the LED do use less Juice to operate and at this rate the light would pay for itself in two myhs
Not including the quality of the plants
BUT DONT TAKE MY WORD YOU SEE for yourself
Here is how both trays look as of today right before the 2nd topping and transplanting
T5 Test A7
Tray A is showing more node space and less growth over all
T5 Test B6

Hands Down Tray B is Filled in the Fan leaves are super healthy and the light is not sagging lol
I figure with what I have seen so far I am buying a case of the B led's as soon as I can
Peace Farmers and super Grow Vibes.
FlyJ
I will post a few more Pics as well.

Damian

Damian

Will def be watching this. I'm actually considering a LED light that claims to replace a T5 fixture. I don't know if it's the same you're testing, but there's a good chance it is. I hope it is, because I haven't found too much info on this light in my research. They're sold on Amazon, but they don't write much about it. There's another site I found with more info, but I still prefer to hear from people who have actually used it and who don't profit from selling it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom