Whoa...Holder is about to change the game???

• Thread starter fadetoblack1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Votes.
They got the 'black' vote shored up, they need the youth.
And strong landslide again in the Mexican/Hispanic vote.
When the Dems don't get the 'youth' vote, they lose. Every-time.
"If you just woke up late today and don't know who you're voting for. IT'S US!" When they don't get that vote, they do poorly.

Plus, old people keep dying off. The demographics in 20 years are going to be radically different.

FreedomTrain

FreedomTrain

legalization=corporation
legalization means letting people out of prison, friends and family. Shut down the bogus war on drugs all together. By doing that it shuts down the prison system complex. Just because there is a Ralphs down the street doesnt mean you have to shop there you could belong to a co op or go to a farmers market because you know its better and better for you. Who knows what big tobbaco would do if weeed was legal. I know they are already for it with multiple spots just waiting for thee day. And guess what they have patents on all the main strains too. Bastards!

FiveAM

FiveAM

legalization means letting people out of prison, friends and family. Shut down the bogus war on drugs all together. By doing that it shuts down the prison system complex. Just because there is a Ralphs down the street doesnt mean you have to shop there you could belong to a co op or go to a farmers market because you know its better and better for you. Who knows what big tobbaco would do if weeed was legal. I know they are already for it with multiple spots just waiting for thee day. And guess what they have patents on all the main strains too. Bastards!

yeah, about that. how many people got let go when they legalized in the 2 states?

http://www.takepart.com/article/2013/01/02/no-relief-convicted

in case you didnt read the link

"The United States is one of only 22 countries that doesn’t guarantee retroactive ameliorative relief in sentencing,” says Amanda Solter, Project Director of Human Rights and Criminal Sentencing Reform Project for the University of San Francisco School of Law.

you really think that the prison system will ever be shut down? no, they will just fine more people to convict.

when you run out of criminals,make more laws to get some.

FiveAM

FiveAM

We will prevail. Thats all.

man I can pull the veil back and really kill a buzz...

I just realised one day that this america i live in, it's not my fathers american dream.

honestly, when i see the first post, i think to myself, hmm..it might be a better america for a black or hispanic man walking down the street with a dime bag in his pocket, knowing he won't go to jail so easily.

F

fadetoblack1

Probably just going to make the crack cocaine sentencing guidelines equal to the cocaine sentencing. For those of you who don't know, if your caught with a oz of crack (predominantly black urban drug) your jail sentence will be much greater then if you got caught with a oz of cocaine (predominantly white drug).

Obama's approval rating has been going down among younger people, due to the whole Snowden situation. The administration is more then likely just trying to get the positive attention of some young folks. With zero intent of doing anything ground breaking.

Legalization would be beyond messy from all aspects. I believe that eventually it will be legal, but a long way down the road. Decriminalization will keep poping up everywhere across the country with little backlash.

with decriminalization everyone wins. The feds get their asset seizures and big pharma corporate america stays happy. The users don;t have to worry about being bothered by law enforcement, and the growers/distributors get to make money if they want to take on some risk. Win/Win for everyone.

The DEA just raided some dispensaries in my state 6 days a go. so who knows...

ttystikk

ttystikk

Fadetoblack suggests a kind of stability between the opposing forces in this debate. I see the current situation as dynamically UNstable, precisely because all of his 'winners' keep producing the same 'losers' that got the movement it's current support. I think the next presidential election will inform much of federal drug policy over the next decade.

F

fadetoblack1

Fadetoblack suggests a kind of stability between the opposing forces in this debate. I see the current situation as dynamically UNstable, precisely because all of his 'winners' keep producing the same 'losers' that got the movement it's current support. I think the next presidential election will inform much of federal drug policy over the next decade.

full on legalization within 5 years?

of course no ones opinion is spot on, because no one knows. I have always found it interesting to speculate though.

ttystikk

ttystikk

full on legalization within 5 years?

of course no ones opinion is spot on, because no one knows. I have always found it interesting to speculate though.

My prediction isn't for one way or the other, just that there WILL be big changes. Which direction they go depends on many things, including the mood of the body politic. A big conservative win might mean a nationwide backlash, with frightening potential consequences, while a liberal victory might- or might not- usher in a real national era of post prohibition.

There is an old Chinese curse; 'may you love in interesting times!' The gist of the idea was that interesting often meant bad. All I know for sure is that things cannot stay as they are, and indeed they aren't. It's going to be an 'interesting' couple of years.

Natural

Natural

That's a simple ass statement- or maybe you weren't paying attention to the statistics of just who has suffered the most under current guidelines? I would say this is a long overdue leveling of the drug sentencing playing field.
Yes long over-due. The whole persecution mentality and war on drugs and harsh treatment of minorities.
BUT
That and they also need votes form the young..the black..and the hispanic populace coming up in a year..gonna be some hardcore backlash over the whole health insurance deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom