Who's growing in tents,what are they, and such...

• Thread starter hererisssh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HolliHerb

I hear ya HH. I'm familiar with great stuff, did you see the post on here about the guy that tried using that for some patch work?

It's the funniest thing I've seen on this board:

Sorry foreverherb but that shit makes me laugh every time I read it. :)

LOL I actually read that before. ahaha. You know what I did the same damn thing, thinking i can smear it with my finger. lol nopes. :surprised

anyways I think you should look into growbright, because I called htg before placing the order asking them if they had returns, or any problems. And if they new about the gasing problems like hydrohuts. They told me via phone that they've known of the hydrohuts issues and designed theirs differently and they've had no returns only defects (bent bars, missing screws, velcro misaligned)

My smaller tent is a HomeBox XS and its working great for vegging my bonsai mom and some cuts. My larger tent is GrowBright. Both are very similar as well as my buddie's hydrohut xl i think.

I do notice that hydrohuts have high pricing...

The clonebox does look sweet tho

D

Donk Frog

a producer from BC Northern lights is about 4'1/2feet tall by 3feet deep by 6 feet long
it hold 18 plants in a dwc/drip feed, completly programable for lighting and co2 input
pic of machine below ....with some chronic in it

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for all the input HH. I'd not run into the site you posted. They have great prices on certain products.

I'm sure I'll smoke a fat one tonight and make a spontaneous, bad decision. :rock

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks DF, I'm already setup with more equipment than I ever use so I'm only out for a tent.

F

farmercheese

Yeah they're great, especially with proper extraction.

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

Right now I'm running a Homebox xl with a 400 watt MH for vegging plants. I just ordered another HB xl yesterday. An air cooled 1000w hps will go into that for flowering room #1. Will soon be ordering another HB for a 1000w hps I have, for flowering room #2.
My fingers are crossed for a "GREEN" winter. :)

J

JUST-THC

I'm using a dr240w with 3 x600, running 12 plants in aqua trays with topspin drippers run to waste..No trouble keeping temps fine even throughout our shit summer this year

12 inch turbo extraction, with reducers to get it out the 8 inch holes in the tents 12-10-8 inch...

And 8 inch turbo intake with passive intakes as well, and the negative pressure is unbelievable....Which isn't a problem...Might stress the 8 inch intake fan slightly.

And a dr240 for mothers and clones with floro's and a 400w..Ducting is attached to the dr240w so that the heat from the 400 goes into the large flower area to help warm that when the lights go out in the flower space

Would say that I do like the secret jardan tents..

Just-thc

M

medicali

1 inch = 2.54 cm... so just divide whatever dimensions you find in cm by 2.54. Ex. the secret jardin dr150= 150 x 150 x 200 cm........thats 4'11" x 4'11" x 6'9"...

as far as secret jardins to fit your head clearance....look up the dr80
roughly 2'8" x 2'8" x 5'3"....not the most sq.footage, but decent height though..

hope this helps any

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
My space is too short for any of models with the floor size I'd want so I'm back where I started. I am planning on a Homebox Clonebox large for my t8's, moms and vegging. It's short but wide enough for 4 foot fluoros and looks perfect for my vegging/cloning needs.

L

leap

i got the dr60. its great but i really wish i got a bigger one. o well next i will purchase a bigger one and use this one for moms or so.

M

medicali

Im expecting a couple wiseasses to respond to this, and think i know the answer...but...
is it possible to just lay a box on its side...like the dr150..would end up being 5' tall x 5' wide square and then just 7' long, like a rectangle. crossbracing pipes with some notches to fit against poles or 2x4's laid across the new top poles (previously side poles) to hang flouros or whatever on...it would just unzip top to bottom...the top (now right side) would be intake and the new top would still have 2 exhaust ports, and the cords could still go out the back...

just entertaining the thought that there is always a way to solve a problem with what you've got...but the word noob might be in order here...i wont take offense. peace out herbal ninjas!

D

drpressure600

handy no. .

i've got a 1.5m square tent 4 doing lil'practices in, at the moment i've ak 47 in it & there fine, i'm putting pics up 2moro, the only problem with them is i don't think i vegged them 4 long enough, apart from that i.ve a lovely lil'yield on the way, the last time i used the tent with ak & gave them a decent vegg, i got 16 ozs off 6 plants, those tents are also great for people to learn with . .

P

ProGroWannabe

Im expecting a couple wiseasses to respond to this, and think i know the answer...but...
is it possible to just lay a box on its side...like the dr150..would end up being 5' tall x 5' wide square and then just 7' long, like a rectangle...........

Well the direct answer to your question is yes, it's possible. But then you lose the re-inforced bottom that contains any leaks (cuz it now forms one of the "sides").
But.........if you were handy, you might be able to find/build something that would fit the "new bottom" of your tent.

I've thought about the same thing, but I just can't bring myself to spend that kinda paper on something that I have to modify right out of the box, before I can even use it. That's just my opinion, though.

P

ProGroWannabe

Yeah short spaces suck huh, h-man? We do tend to find ways around it though;)

M

medicali

I've thought about the same thing, but I just can't bring myself to spend that kinda paper on something that I have to modify right out of the box, before I can even use it. That's just my opinion, though.

Totally...i just keep mine upright. Why waste the money? Just trying to throw "what-ifs" at the original post...but what about duct tape? Ghetto-seal the inside and the outside...not much modification there. Huh...id love to see it but then again...i dont have a need to... my ceilings are 8' in my room. BTW...Secret Jardins kick ass!!! Anyone thinking about investing in a tent should seriously check one out at your local hydro shop...TALK ABOUT USER FRIENDLY!!!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Stop making me jealous medicali :)

Top Bottom