Whos knows the lineage of "916 Kush"? best diesel ever!?

• Thread starter steelcanaries
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

steelcanaries

Still to this day, the best "diesel" bud ive ever smoked, bar none, is what i believe is now called the "916 kush", one of the top strains available from cali med clubs in sf and la called Alternative Herbal Health Services.....I used to hit the one in SF ten years ago, and remember talking to Jason, who I believe is the owner....back then they didnt always have it on the shelf, you had to know about it and ask them to bring it out from beneath the counter.....a for those that know type of thing or local only thing idk.....it was just called "Diesel" back then, and this was before the kush craze caught fire in nor cal....still to this day, this is the best diesel i have ever smoked.....best smell and matching taste combo, super loud, that I have had...the taste lingered strong for a very long time and the smell was tough to contain....Here is a link to the only review of that Diesel, that I could fiind....the pictures on that page look exactly how i remember....this is without question, one of the best buds I have ever smoked.....Anyone familiar with this cut? I would love to know the lineage if possible, cuz it is absolutely amazing stuff.....

http://reviews.nuggetry.com/buds/916-kush-1-alternative-herbal-health-services

S

steelcanaries

916 kush

S

steelcanaries

this is the best pic of what the buds looked like....if youve ever come across this bud, its unforgettable....to me, this is the holy grail of all diesel strains, the one that sets the bar for all others.....would love to chat up and thank the original breeder of this heavenly specimen...hall of fame cut....be blesssed...steel

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Since it seems to be a local disp only cut i would go to those dispensaries and talk to the guys who work there perhaps its an inhouse strain and only they know the genetics..

S

steelcanaries

thanks for tip LD, but I think it was shutdown in SF, not sure about the West Hollywood Club....

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Oh word that sucks :( Well hopefully someone out there knows the answer :D

S

steelcanaries

the so cal club might still be in operation.....not sure how i feel about calling them and asking strain lineage questions lol

S

steelcanaries

is this the same as Headband? an old SSSC super skunk? hash plant? some of the pics of the 707 headband kinda look like it.....anyone grow any of those out and find a plant with similar buds? og kush x sour d x nl sounds about right, but thats just a guess....

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

So from my perspective it looks alot reminiscent of the old Orange Crush we used to run back in the day in the central valley (just a tad bit more leafy). If its a diesel of some sort then I would say it has a leaning appearance to the Orange I speak of. What diesel that could be is anyones guess but thats my 2 cents. This is circa 1996-99ish fwiw.

PnL

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looks like some of the diesel I have had in seed form for years. I wish I had some of the orange crush that still goes around in clone form every once in a while. Think I had a line on the seed but the kid I was going to get it from had a nose candy problem and flaked out.

S

steelcanaries

Yeah it was around 2004 or so, before most of the diesel and OG seed was available. I used to get that exact looking bud before orgnkid popped out with Cali Kush and Rez sour d bx 1.5

S

steelcanaries

Right now I'm leaning towards it being a west coast headband cut. Possibly the 707 clone only? Not sure. Loudest diesel ever, the OG of all sours and this is definitely not LHB cut, although some refer to it as OG headband or whatever and it may be the east coast cut just done out west. Or an entirely different humboldt headband that appears to be a rare and prized variety, that is tightly held. I believe this was one of Alternative Herbal Health Service's in house strains. They were known for it.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

707 isn't my favorite. Or at least what representations I've seen

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I have both East coast and West Coast Diesel from way back as well as the original pure Diesel and none of them are like headband. Headband is more heady. Has a different taste. Never followed Rez`s work much as he was an ass but I know for a fact that orinkid had the old school diesel in his crib. That`s where Greens got his diesel he used in many of his crosses. I got the chance to compare orignkid`s diesel to some of mine when Greens rented from me and used part of my grow room. We were on speaker phone to orgnkid when Greens made the trade for the diesel from him and he sent it to my house. That was right about the time I realized I had some of the same OG and Bubba as orignkid had got ahold of , just never grew it out at that point. Hell I was late doing anything with it but was one of the original sources of OG and Bubba. I think I kept putting off the Kush`s because I was working with about 40 IBL strains during that time. Wish I had the grow room I had back then before I lost my house!

S

steelcanaries

Maybe it's not the 707, but seems to be a lot of different clones around, going by that name. It maybe however an old NorCal or Bay Area headband clone only that's pretty rare and most definitely a special cutting, as it is literally one of the best buds you ever had. Definitely stands out, is different and is very memorable. Not watered down by any means. The exact opposite in fact. very concentrated smell and taste. Another tidbit I picked up while reading some olds posts claimed the bud would come out different based upon what lighting schedule u gave her during flower. On one schedule it would come out more sati a like and on the other schedule, more indica. I found that interesting and never heard that before. I guess the more sativa bud was the most desirable, and super flame but if u grew it and it came out more indica, it wouldn't come out as good or it was not as desired. Wish I could find that post again. Not sure if this actually true or not.

S

steelcanaries

Got any pics showing the differences in east and west coast diesel? Would love to see what the original pure diesel is like. This sounds like it may be the cut I'm referring to. Never heard about an orgnkid diesel, just OG an bubba then later dog. What are the lineages of the original pure and wert coast??

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Funny you should say that because I was trying to clematis the saliva's and found it difficult with a few for that very reason.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m not sure of the linage of any of them but acquired the East Coast original first from the New England area. The West Coast came out a few years later then a cross called NYCD came out. I recall some stuff called Dawg`s D and a cross called Chem`d also came out just a month or so before NYCD. I think most of them besides the NYCD & Chem`d were from phenol type differences in selective breeding of the original Diesel. Although the original Diesel was very stable, it had a few rare phenol types that happened if you grew the seeds out enough times.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The problem with working with seed is you have variations in the genetics as well as the variations one finds from environments of different growers when growing from clones. I`ve seen people get anywhere from slightly different to almost completely different results from the same cloned plants, so you can imagine how hard it is to get consistent bud grows from seeds. That`s why I`ve always said good bud results are a combination of genetics and growing abilities. If you get a sample of some special bud , don`t just run out and get the seeds or even the clones and expect to grow the same results without some research into the methods the bud was grown under. Expect to take proper time to `dial it in`.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Gotta love it!
@markscastle I know your busy but any progress on plans to release beans!

Top Bottom