who's started their outdoor ting?

• Thread starter supercharged
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
supercharged

supercharged

hey farmers wats goin on, supercharged here with a new thread bout my crews outdoor ting.
first planted was whitebubba in a 6.5 ltr pot
she is the fastest finisher in my garden by a week and very robust so i figured she's perfect for outdoors
All sorts1

Outdoor bubbas 2

the first girl went out about 2weeks ago and the other mid week this week. over in the uk we have had a few nights well below freezing so we was worried about the outdoor girl but she survived and thrived!!!
both cuts r white bubba, the potted girl wa put out 2weeksago with a mixture of plant magic supreme soil with bat gauno and fish blood one meal mixed in.

Outdoor bubbas1

my bong in the open, its amazin sittin on top of a hill havin a session, u just gota plan ur route back down after the smoke :passingjoint:
All sorts2

the smaller cut is planted in a bag with a similar of bloodbone meal and bat gauno (the soil is layered, the deeper the soil the stronger it gets but only slightly each layer we did)

wat y'all doin outdoors this yr, the weather supposed 2b average up in the north of uk so hopefully the fast finishing white bubba will do us proud :)
peace, sc

supercharged

supercharged

the girls r placed inside a load of bramble bushes so o rabbits can munch on em, havin a few battles with slugs but just been given a bit of advice that seems to b workin so am guna stick with it for a week or2

peace, supercharged

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I hate to curb your enthusiasm but it wasn't a good idea to put them outside yet. What lighting schedule were they under inside? It doesn't matter but if it was 24-0 they will trigger fast.

It going to go into flowering and then have to reveg and you are going to be disappointed by the fluffy leafy buds and very poor yield. It will probably start flowering in two weeks and will flower until mid May and then kinda flower and reveg until July. Then it will get super branchy and loaded with popcorn buds and just be a real mess.

Starting outside this early requires artificial light by either cfl or a regular bulb just to keep them from triggering.

A

AliasAO

I hate to curb your enthusiasm but it wasn't a good idea to put them outside yet. What lighting schedule were they under inside? It doesn't matter but if it was 24-0 they will trigger fast.

It going to go into flowering and then have to reveg and you are going to be disappointed by the fluffy leafy buds and very poor yield. It will probably start flowering in two weeks and will flower until mid May and then kinda flower and reveg until July. Then it will get super branchy and loaded with popcorn buds and just be a real mess.

Starting outside this early requires artificial light by either cfl or a regular bulb just to keep them from triggering.

Hey Tobor Ive checked out a ton of your threads and posts regarding the outdoor scene and I was wondering If you can give me the ABC's of outdoor grow? Im experienced with in door growing So im confident just the basics and need to know points will suffice.

Specific questions I have off the top of my head are, when to put them outside? And how long they should be vegged in doors before placing them outside? How much direct light can they survive and flourish under outdoors?Im a california resident if that helps. [Northern]

Thanx

--AO

supercharged

supercharged

thanks for the advice tobor, this our 1st ever run outside so obv we havent read up enough on wats wat.
wen do u think the best time to place them outside is?
and is it beter to run them under 18/6 indoor first so they dont trigger faster?

thanks again for the advice, peace sc

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
It is best to put them out after May 20th. I run my outdoor plant seedlings at 16-8 hen they are indoors but 18-6 is fine and much better than 24-0 for plants destined to go outdoors.

They should get at least 6 hours of direct sun when outside. You can veg them inside as long as you have room for them. I like mine seedlings to be 6-8 weeks old.

devious d

devious d

So ive put a couple out that have been on 18-6 will this start to flower ?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
So ive put a couple out that have been on 18-6 will this start to flower ?

They probably will. April 1st there was around 12 hrs light. Right now there is 12.5, so they have basically been on 12/12 since you put them outside.

N

norcalshan

Started a while back. Have 44, 2-3 footers in the greenhouse now. Purple Dawg, Blue Dream, Super Grape Ape, NYC Diesel and a Lemon Haze. Got a late start last year. Not this year...Trying to upload pics...

supercharged

supercharged

They probably will. April 1st there was around 12 hrs light. Right now there is 12.5, so they have basically been on 12/12 since you put them outside.

tobor a quick question for ya please bro. with the position my plants are in (south facing on a hill) i think they get around 12hours of direct sunlight and around 14 hours of light (before i class it as night time)
is this light sufficient enough to stop them from flowering early?
the days are getting longer still arent they?

thanks man, peace sc

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Supercharged sunrise to sunset is 12-12.5 there isn't anymore meaningful light. They might be OK and they might not be.

Norcalshan do you have extra artificial light? I am going to guess the answer is no because those plants have stretched. Have they doubled in height or got a lot taller since you put them outside?

Alias I put a 2ft tall and 1 foot around chicken wire fence around all my outside in the ground plants. I also have various remedies for insects pests but they are not as big a problem as one might think.

A

AliasAO

Supercharged sunrise to sunset is 12-12.5 there isn't anymore meaningful light. They might be OK and they might not be.

Norcalshan do you have extra artificial light? I am going to guess the answer is no because those plants have stretched. Have they doubled in height or got a lot taller since you put them outside?

Alias I put a 2ft tall and 1 foot around chicken wire fence around all my outside in the ground plants. I also have various remedies for insects pests but they are not as big a problem as one might think.

thanx for the good word Tobor do you use ANY KIND of preventative sprays or anything that would be beneficial?

Or do u basically plant them or thrown them outside and just water when needed?

Sorry for the detailed questions im just trying to see how much time I will need to budget for outdoor compared to my indoor.

Thanx

--AO

N

norcalshan

I do have T-12's with Daylight Bulbs(cord behind me) right on top to keep the hours at 16-8 so they don't flower in the greenhouse, before they go outside. The Purple Dawgs have been out there about a month, they were cut 2/7. The Blue Dreams and the others have been in there 2 weeks, they were cut 2/21. The tallest plant in the back left there is the NYC Diesel, it was TOPPED !!! These strains look like they stretched, but they PUSHED my T-5's since they rooted. I always keep my T-5's right on top of my plants to avoid stretching, but these things just rip !!!
Also, thanks for the heads up on me in the pic, everyone. My outdoor grow is actually about 20 miles from my house. Thanks for ALL the positive comments, I really enjoy what I do.
The Dream really helps with my back/ankle pain too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom