• Thread starter cheyenne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm using smart pots

Using smart pots, and love them. The important thing with these is to match your pot to your plant size. If your pot is so big that your plants roots never reach the sides you wasted your $. I put a plant in a 3 gal pot in a 7 gal smart pot and it has taken off, wish I would have used a bigger pot. If I would have used a bigger pot initial growth would have been much slower, but once the roots reach the sides look out

mal

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i hope they make these in camoflauge for my outsdoors next year. i dont think you could spray paint them as then it would block the air.

im suing some inside now and my plants grew alot faster then i expected and didnt get them into the flower tent ontime some out grew the light.

S

Surfr

I am testing out a couple air pots right now... I really can't tell much a of a difference from the other pots yet.. The plants are all at 23 days of flower. I am thinking the final weigh in will be the deciding factor if I buy more or not.. Oh and if the pots dry out even the slightest, water flows right out of a lot of the holes..

:character0180:

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
yep, cloth grow bags

They work great as long as your roots reach the outer wall they work great, they are also reusable. I think they are the same pots, meaning both air prune the roots to do their thing. Yeah they should make a camo pot, but black is better than most colors. Wrap with pieces of turkey blind material comes in 20'x4' sheets to make your own blind

mal

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Right now?

What I'm saying is you wan't the diameter of the pot to be a bit larger than the plant you are putting in it. But make sure the new smart/air pot isn't so big that the roots of the plant wont reach the edges. That is when the magic happens, once the roots reach the pot. If I had a plant in a 5 gallon pot you would definitely transplant into a larger than 5 gallon pot, probably a 10 gallon smart pot would work fine. If you are transplanting now I wouldn't go that much bigger than what you are in because you only have a couple of months of growing left, if you are outside. If inside go for it

mal

R

robbiedublu

I just finished up a run with some and didn't really notice any difference than with regular plastic pots in terms of yield or speed of growth. They're cheap though so you should give em a try yourself.

C

Cannabear

im good friends with the rep up here in norcal for airpots.. they are a good product, but i wouldnt expect any increase in yield or growth from them. and if you dont know the tricks with them, they can become a huge mess in no time. nothing beats a smart pot if your going that route.

C

cheyenne

Thanks for all the beta. Know if only i had something to smoke at 420am other then strawberry cough...which will just me all jacked up rather then give me the sleep i so desire....

Y

Ya...The Pizza

Used regular pots for a while, they worked alright. used smartpots just recently, they worked a little better. Just placed an order for a few different sizes of airpots, and I am hopeful that they will perform even better!

E

edux10

im trying out the cloth pots right now, using ffof, watering with hygrozym and piranah. doing well, but idk if any better than the other in regular pots.

Im thinking about mixing 50/50 perlite/ffof in a few and see if that helps. they are the same price as a plastic pot at the store i go to, i guess maybe they are easier to store or carry.

Camdawg

Camdawg

ive been thinking of ways to set up my closet. im thinking 8 smart pots in a 2x4(all the space i have) table with a coco liner on the bottom amd smart pots filled with clay pebbles(hydroton)

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
And where would u guys be buying these airpot's?

budm

budm

Got mine online, just googled airpots. Not cheap, but I love them. Was a game changer for me, having moved off a RDWC grow style to coco in airpots with an automated DTW drip.

And yes, if you're used to growing in a 5 gal pot then get a 3 gal airpot. With frequent waterings you can grow larger plants in smaller pots.

budm

budm

ive been thinking of ways to set up my closet. im thinking 8 smart pots in a 2x4(all the space i have) table with a coco liner on the bottom amd smart pots filled with clay pebbles(hydroton)

The run I just finished was 2 airpots in a 5X5 space! That being said, it was a scrog and I vegged for 90 days from seed. In the same flower room this round is 6 clones from the last grow. Both grows completely filled my space, so I'm not sure how you'll be managing 8 in a 2x4 space unless you're just keeping them very small?

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I've used several different air pots. The one I picked yo switch over to permanently was the Hercules Pot. I really like this container and it will ast forever. MGG

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I hate Air Pots, just hate the fuckers. They take way to long to water and most of the water runs out. I use them for shot gun practice. If you got one of two and can stand there for 30 minutes to water with 2 gallons of water go ahead and buy them, hell where do you live I ship them to you just to get them out of here. Worse investment I ever made, go with smart pots or some thing like that. Whats left sits in the woods, my wife won't use them. If you had a drippier system and timer that would work. They are not cheap! and a very big disappointment, I should have just given a $1000 to Scientology, and let them burn it. One of the bigger bummers in the new innovation for growing section. I read all the stuff and even spoke to the people in Ireland (I think) who make it. Did a deal with the american distributor to bring them into Canada, glad I got cold feet and only bought 1000$ worth to try.

IMGP0127
IMGP0128

Last edited:
Top Bottom