Whos using airpots?

• Thread starter cheyenne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

The run I just finished was 2 airpots in a 5X5 space! That being said, it was a scrog and I vegged for 90 days from seed. In the same flower room this round is 6 clones from the last grow. Both grows completely filled my space, so I'm not sure how you'll be managing 8 in a 2x4 space unless you're just keeping them very small?

Got pix? The best way to use an air pot is to put a smart pot inside it. Try watering 100 Air Pots by hand, it will never happen. If you do take the time the plant still has dry spots in it. If you got the 3 gal air pot put 2 gallons of water and let it sit till gone. Open the pot and have a look, your going to be pissed. Water takes the path of less resistance and that my friend is out the holes. You need to water slow, lots of water and for a long time. Way to much hassle, don't use them outside the space in the bottom is where slugs love to live and dine.

Now let me tell you what I really think lol

Last edited:
Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I hate Air Pots, just hate the fuckers. They take way to long to water and most of the water runs out. I use them for shot gun practice. If you got one of two and can stand there for 30 minutes to water with 2 gallons of water go ahead and buy them, hell where do you live I ship them to you just to get them out of here. Worse investment I ever made, go with smart pots or some thing like that. Whats left sits in the woods, my wife won't use them. If you had a drippier system and timer that would work. They are not cheap! and a very big disappointment, I should have just given a $1000 to Scientology, and let them burn it. One of the bigger bummers in the new innovation for growing section. I read all the stuff and even spoke to the people in Ireland (I think) who make it. Did a deal with the american distributor to bring them into Canada, glad I got cold feet and only bought 1000$ worth to try.

View attachment 357404 View attachment 357405

Those were the 2nd pots I tried Woods...if ya like a clean room and don't want to have to mop water up everytime ya water DON'T get those. They pissed water out all over the floor regardless of how fuckin slow I poured it in. I don't have that problem with the Hercules pots at all and don't have to put in a few drops every 10mins with em either lol. MGG

budm

budm

Got pix? The best way to use an air pot is to put a smart pot inside it. Try watering 100 Air Pots by hand, it will never happen. If you do take the time the plant still has dry spots in it. If you got the 3 gal air pot put 2 gallons of water and let it sit till gone. Open the pot and have a look, your going to be pissed. Water takes the path of less resistance and that my friend is out the holes. You need to water slow, lots of water and for a long time. Way to much hassle, don't use them outside the space in the bottom is where slugs love to live and dine.

Now let me tell you what I really think lol

Sure do, I'll throw up a couple when I get home since it's relevant to the OPs thread. I started watering by hand, but quickly setup an automated drip system. I don't remember bring anything but impressed with the roots when I opened them after the grow was completed though. They were full from top to bottom, side to side. I was barely able to break enough coco free from them for the hassle.

As for some water leaking out the side holes, it you concentrate the drip towards the center it mitigates that problem mostly. Any runoff, whether from the sides or bottom, was caught in a pan and drained away in my case.

budm

budm

On the 5x5 scrog grow, I used only (2) 5 gallon air pots. I ended up cutting the bottoms off a couple 55 gallon drums, and installed a 3/4" drain fitting in the bottom. Each plant was given (2) 1/4" drip emitters that were completely open on the ends to prevent any clogs in the drip line and to ensure that each side of the pots were saturated. I would move the location of the emitters every week to 10 days, justifying in my mind that this would prevent 'drainage canals' going down and thru the coco. Unfortunately, after harvest was completed I didn't take any photos of the rootball - but after opening the airpots up I'll tell you the roots were solid from side to side, top to bottom....

Here are the girls placed in the room. I quickly realized the little saucers weren't going to cut it for me...

The upgraded drip pans to catch and drain the waste. They are sitting on top of a plastic pallet, for drainage elevation.

Drip emitters in place.

Wish i had more photos of the bottom side, but most of my focus was above the screen - lol. I'll try to remember to take more photos of the pots in action for future reference. Here's a couple of the top side, just to show the progression of the canopy and so you can see these 2 girls easily filled the space I have available...

Screen placed - girls had been topped, LST'd and supercropped over the weeks prior to this, to promote branching.

B

Beans

beautiful pics. smartpots are great but you have to learn to grow with them like any other change. no need to mix perilite anymore with your soil is one major benefit for those that do it now. water slow, no extra perilite, mine sit on rubber shower pan liner connected to a common drain they wallow in the runoff and its an organic deal not pushin em they love it. lots of air to the roots....very happy plants

spacebomb

spacebomb

nope!HANDS DOWN imho they SUCK ASS! first,when you water.its like a collonder.lol.WATER PISSES EVERYWERE OUTA EVERY HOLE. + their to small.mine!the soil runs outa vcharge etc.there crap mate.
and do you like?

spacebomb

spacebomb

Th
yep, cloth grow bags

They work great as long as your roots reach the outer wall they work great, they are also reusable. I think they are the same pots, meaning both air prune the roots to do their thing. Yeah they should make a camo pot, but black is better than most colors. Wrap with pieces of turkey blind material comes in 20'x4' sheets to make your own blind

mal
there not the cloth pots.there smart pots etc.air pots look like a seive.lol+ are plastic

spacebomb

spacebomb

yup there the ones.good for nowt!
I hate Air Pots, just hate the fuckers. They take way to long to water and most of the water runs out. I use them for shot gun practice. If you got one of two and can stand there for 30 minutes to water with 2 gallons of water go ahead and buy them, hell where do you live I ship them to you just to get them out of here. Worse investment I ever made, go with smart pots or some thing like that. Whats left sits in the woods, my wife won't use them. If you had a drippier system and timer that would work. They are not cheap! and a very big disappointment, I should have just given a $1000 to Scientology, and let them burn it. One of the bigger bummers in the new innovation for growing section. I read all the stuff and even spoke to the people in Ireland (I think) who make it. Did a deal with the american distributor to bring them into Canada, glad I got cold feet and only bought 1000$ worth to try.

View attachment 357404 View attachment 357405

spacebomb

spacebomb

Your killing it with them bro:-) nice idea on the barells to
On the 5x5 scrog grow, I used only (2) 5 gallon air pots. I ended up cutting the bottoms off a couple 55 gallon drums, and installed a 3/4" drain fitting in the bottom. Each plant was given (2) 1/4" drip emitters that were completely open on the ends to prevent any clogs in the drip line and to ensure that each side of the pots were saturated. I would move the location of the emitters every week to 10 days, justifying in my mind that this would prevent 'drainage canals' going down and thru the coco. Unfortunately, after harvest was completed I didn't take any photos of the rootball - but after opening the airpots up I'll tell you the roots were solid from side to side, top to bottom....

Here are the girls placed in the room. I quickly realized the little saucers weren't going to cut it for me...
View attachment 357564

The upgraded drip pans to catch and drain the waste. They are sitting on top of a plastic pallet, for drainage elevation.
View attachment 357565

Drip emitters in place.View attachment 357566
View attachment 357567
Wish i had more photos of the bottom side, but most of my focus was above the screen - lol. I'll try to remember to take more photos of the pots in action for future reference. Here's a couple of the top side, just to show the progression of the canopy and so you can see these 2 girls easily filled the space I have available...

Screen placed - girls had been topped, LST'd and supercropped over the weeks prior to this, to promote branching.
View attachment 357568

View attachment 357571 View attachment 357573 View attachment 357572

audiohi

audiohi

I use the 5 gal airpots, and I feel like the root growth is worth the bit of extra hassle they are. The thing I hate about them though is thoroughly cleaning them

B

boo

the container posted above WILL increase your yeild...weve all seen root wrapping or root spiraling in containers...they are counterproductive and do nothing to aid the plant...when the roots hit the side wall of the container they are forced back into the medium instead of spinning around the sides of the container when they don't get rutrients...these containers force the roots to develop feeder and lateral roots...these are the roots that soak up the majority of nutes...also, by their nature the assist air entering the pot thereby oxygenating the root zone...they dry out quicker(one day) on a 35 liter container so it gives me an opportunity to feed more often...do a side by side comparison...I did and now run every plant in the routers...

B

boo

yeah, herculese pots are the same or almost the same...these things really rock 'eh...I try and flower mine in the 35 liters post...what size are you using MGG

Top Bottom