Who's Using the pH Perfect Technology?

• Thread starter knowboddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

indoorherbs

I am finishing up a Grow now using AN PH Perfect M,G,B with Big Bud, B52, Sensizime and CalMag. My plants simply could not handle full strength and therefor the PH Perfect did not work for me at all.

Your plants couldn't handle full strength? Why wouldn't you simply dilute a bit more? If you call their Tech Support that's exactly what they'll tell you, though it should be pretty obvious that's the solution. You shouldn't need the Cal-Mag, either.

It sounds like the pH Perfect worked fine, you just didn't listen to your plants.

I cant say the nutes suck, cause my girls got WAY Bigger than I would have expected to the point of being TOO Big for my 400w light.

So you thought the nutes were too strong, and you won't use them again, but your plants got way bigger than usual? Sounds like a terrible problem... if you're looking to grow small plants I can recommend quite a few nutrients to accomplish that.

I also don't understand the confusion and debate over whether the nutes are buffered. Of course they're buffered. Why is that even uncertain? They are. Every decent nutrient is buffered. Every decent nutrient line is chelated.

What's different here, as far as I can tell, is the degree to which the nutrients are buffered and chelated, and they've made sure everything else in their line doesn't interfere with that. If you chelated all of the nutrients enough you could theoretically grow plants at any pH that wouldn't physically dissolve the roots without seeing pH lockout. Chelation makes a nutrient (macro or micro) more easily absorbed, meaning that it can widen the pH range at which that nutrient can be effectively absorbed by the plant.

So if you combine extreme chelation with a strong buffering system you end up with nutrients that are nearly impossible to screw up pH-wise.

People may not think that's ground-breaking but the simple fact is we only have one brand of nutrients that's done it. If it were easy, they'd all do it. So there's clearly some kind of obstacle that Advanced Nutrients has hurdled that the others can't or won't.

dankworth

dankworth

...or you could adjust your ph like a real gardener.
That way you could learn about how to grow weed.

AN products will not make it easier to hit a pinata while blindfolded.

Oh, and

naked+fat+man+at+computer.jpg

M

Motherhugger

Yeah, and everyone should really listen to a person that decides that a fun way to end a post is with a picture of a fat dude.

What are you 12?

Personally, I use pH Perfect because it works, not because I don't know how to check my pH. I just like the added benefit of not having to worry about that.

Yeah, things can screw up with any nutrient, and mostly because of the grower. But maybe, just maybe, you could add more than some funny line to help others learn.

I'd love to hear more about how you check your pH. Sounds like you have a lot of experience with pH problems. LOL

...or you could adjust your ph like a real gardener.
That way you could learn about how to grow weed.

AN products will not make it easier to hit a pinata while blindfolded.

Oh, and

naked+fat+man+at+computer.jpg

BlueBlood

BlueBlood

One day, I'll have enough money to retire and be that guy :D

...'cept I'll be bathing a whole lot less.

D

decrimCA

Rusty -

I had the same trouble the very first time I used AN, but then I realized that if I just knocked things down by 25%, the grow was smooth sailing.

I would suggest you just reduce the nutrient levels that you feed your girls since it's clear they're a little more sensitive.

Good nutrients or not, you have to listen to your plants.

M

maxwell murder

so is everyone recycling their nutes- (ebbyflo/drip/aero)?
or is this run to waste?
o_O

I

indoorherbs

so is everyone recycling their nutes- (ebbyflo/drip/aero)?
or is this run to waste?
o_O

Most likely it's recirculating. I don't know of anyone that does run-to-waste. I've seen a couple examples of it, but virtually everyone does a closed system for their indoor growing. Run-to-waste is more an outdoor commercial system for large scale hydroponic agriculture.

squarepusher

squarepusher

Yeah, and everyone should really listen to a person that decides that a fun way to end a post is with a picture of a fat dude.

What are you 12?

Personally, I use pH Perfect because it works, not because I don't know how to check my pH. I just like the added benefit of not having to worry about that.

Yeah, things can screw up with any nutrient, and mostly because of the grower. But maybe, just maybe, you could add more than some funny line to help others learn.

I'd love to hear more about how you check your pH. Sounds like you have a lot of experience with pH problems. LOL

Except AN states that their PH Perfect technology basically only works with RO water. RO water by default will have very mild pH since it has carbonates and other impurities filtered out. So, AN is saying their product will only be 'PH perfect' if you use starting water that is near perfect. lol =]

By the way, Motherhugger works for Advanced Nutrients, look at his post history, every post is "AN is so great omg, its the best biggest buds!!111"

M

Motherhugger

Except AN states that their PH Perfect technology basically only works with RO water. RO water by default will have very mild pH since it has carbonates and other impurities filtered out. So, AN is saying their product will only be 'PH perfect' if you use starting water that is near perfect. lol =]

By the way, Motherhugger works for Advanced Nutrients, look at his post history, every post is "AN is so great omg, its the best biggest buds!!111"

LOL. Yeah, I WISH I worked for them. I'm sure that would come with perks.

I only talk about Advanced Nutrients because that's all I use. Really doesn't make sense to talk about anything else if you're not using it, right? I'm not going to give my opinion about anything I haven't used extensively.

Sure, go ahead, call me an AN fanboy. I can take it. My grows rock and that's all that really matters to me. Well, besides giving my honest opinion about nutrients I have used.

You know, what folks on the boards are supposed to do, as opposed to spending time seeing if they can prove each other wrong.

dankworth

dankworth

Motherhugger, how much do you spend per 1k per cycle?

Edit:
By the way, kids, Squarepusher was one of the ones here with a diy nute thread back when Fatman was making the rounds. I owe a lot of knowledge to Squarepusher.
Now I spend less than $200 per 1k light annually in nutes and additives. After some more product replacement, I will pay less than $100 per 1k annually.
Thanks Squarepusher.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

yeah motherhugger and decrimCA both work for AN, they aren't even fan boys. There posts have no opinion in them just AN blind bias, these shills posts are such transparent attempts, reading there posts is like reading rosebud(bombarded by bs marketing and hate for GH/SS) mag... I wonder how effective these shills are for AN? AN has always had these shills on the forums for as long as I can remember, I wonder if at this point it's actually hurting there sales cause of there BS starting to pile up and everyone smells it. They've learned to not hate as much now a days so they don't get attacked as much, but now everyone's calling them out on there bs, lol.

O

ogSmellyeye

I know its been awhile sense this has been active. However I have used connoisseur along with sensi grow for veg. With insane results. Now that advanced switched most base nutrients to ph perfect ( all but jungle juice, the 3 part is a gh rip off cheaper and contains a little more, and the 2 part is the old sensi) I've found Lots of inconsistency with the new products my interactions with advances nutrients rep or their call line have made me want to look elsewhere. They tolde that the ppm DOESN'T MATTER when using ph perfect things. His reasoning was (simply put) that there are ph down molecules covered in a coating that dissolves when it comes I contact with acidic solutions releasing the up. This also happens the other way, but this is why they have did away with the ppm on charts or calcs. He then told me that this causes the ppm to become inaccurate. Also that because there is now 5 in one they also take into account for an elevated ppm
I like to go by the idea of if its not broke don't fix it, I wish advanced would also and let it be tested on shelves before they replace it with the new.
Another thing to add is hat people don't realize is the label npk does not accurately portray the ratios they are numbers showing what MUST be in that bottle if taken off the shelf and tested, go to the an website and click location organ (or not worldwide) and there should be a why do I have to so this and click that. It has to so with big ag companies and some bs

DO IT

DO IT

A store owner i know says they had stability issues with it an a ton of returns. I quit using it and went to powder base nuts.

P

Pimples

yeah motherhugger and decrimCA both work for AN, they aren't even fan boys. There posts have no opinion in them just AN blind bias, these shills posts are such transparent attempts, reading there posts is like reading rosebud(bombarded by bs marketing and hate for GH/SS) mag... I wonder how effective these shills are for AN? AN has always had these shills on the forums for as long as I can remember, I wonder if at this point it's actually hurting there sales cause of there BS starting to pile up and everyone smells it. They've learned to not hate as much now a days so they don't get attacked as much, but now everyone's calling them out on there bs, lol.
Old thread but just wanna chime in. I bought AN Sensi Coco grow and bloom about 10 months ago just to see the so called pH Perfect thing myself. My tap water is 0.2 EC and 7.3 to 7.6 pH. At full bottle instruction dilutions...which is a tablespoon (actually 16 ml) per gallon of water and the pH drops no lower than 6.3. Not the sweet spot for coco coir. And those 16 ml are diluted as hell...bringing my EC up to 1.4 total (0.2 is tap). GH Cocotek...Canna Coco..H&G Cocos..and a myriad of other brands are much more concentrated. By at least 5 ml (teaspoon) less. That adds up in the long run. But anyways..maybe with no carbonate buffer of a reversed osmosis water it might auto pH but with my tap...nope. And I calibrate a Bluelab Combo meter weekly with FRESH pH 7.0 and 4.0 calibration satchets. I quoted the above post because its CLEAR these AN advertisement posts up a few are actual AN marketing reps. And YES. Advanced Nutrients reps have been on the cannabis growing forums replaying thier champion slogans going all the way back to Overgrow.com days. No shit. I remember the day i read a AN thread back then and knew right away that AN had sales reps trolling the forums.

D

Dougsyboy

IMG 8605
Hi I've never used this 3 part ph buffering nutrient before so as I'm new to this and tired of out with the ph pen recalibrate it then ph it , does this product actually bring the ph to the correct level 6.3-6.6 or is it a waste ? Anyone thanks

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I admit, I used it for about 1/2 grow, or so. The 2 pt A, and B.
Lucas formula is FAR better, cheaper, better results, and most importantly doesn't have near the N the an uses.
1st off if I used it as directed, I'm about positive most strains would burn up, or at very least get N toxicity.
To get all that N out of the plant would take a very long, slow flush, or there's a good chance you'd be smoking hey.
With the Lucas formula as an example, It's super easy to cut out the N (I do this about 1/2 way through flower). I'v done side by sides with several nute lines. I'll go with Botanicare, along with silica, cal mag, roots during veg, and Drip Clean. If I'm feeling lazy, or running a passive dwc, like a Hempy, I'll stick w/Lucas.
AN will never get another penny from me! This was about 5 years ago, and I'm still pissed I bought it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom