Why am I burning my veg?

• Thread starter ALIV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ALIV

ALIV

Ever since I took my clones out of clone box I’ve been having burn issues. At first it was too cold in veg. I fixed that problem and I’m seeing green growth. The green growth slowly starts to turn yellow. I am not feeding everyday, maybe every other. I’ve been feeding at around 0.7 EC or around 400 ppm. Help?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

absolutly no info for what your even saying,so guess work,im thinking why are you feeding a new clone 400 ppm right off the bat,dirt water sky foam who hell know what your growing in,so lets just go with the guess stop feding something that barely has legs under it 400 ppm and if you need to feed it drop it to about 200 ppm till it gets established

bunkerking

bunkerking

Sounds like a mag def.

and you need to be feeding every day. Otherwise the EC in the media goes super high and you will burn the plants from a lack of constant feeding.

check out - https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/toc/podcasts/

i doubt its the PPM. Im running full strength nutes on my late veg, and giving them to my new clones. no issues. If i add humic acid then ill burn the babies. But only when i do that.

ALIV

ALIV

Sounds like a mag def.

and you need to be feeding every day. Otherwise the EC in the media goes super high and you will burn the plants from a lack of constant feeding.

check out - https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/toc/podcasts/

i doubt its the PPM. Im running full strength nutes on my late veg, and giving them to my new clones. no issues. If i add humic acid then ill burn the babies. But only when i do that.
Thank you for reply! I am considering dropping my humid acid Emerald Goddess, I seem to burn while using it.

bunkerking

bunkerking

I would wait till they are older and can handle more - starting to push. Early/Mid veg.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
As an Emerald Harvest product user myself, I can tell you in the 3 or 4 years I've been using it, I've found Emerald Goddess works best as a foliar spray. Especially if you're already using their Cali Pro nutes. Not sure on their 3 part as I've never tried it. I rarely ever put EG directly in my reservoir. And whatever you do, throw that stupid feeding chart they give you away. Or cut all of their measurements down by 3/4. Emerald Harvest nutes are very potent.

ALIV

ALIV

As an Emerald Harvest product user myself, I can tell you in the 3 or 4 years I've been using it, I've found Emerald Goddess works best as a foliar spray. Especially if you're already using their Cali Pro nutes. Not sure on their 3 part as I've never tried it. I rarely ever put EG directly in my reservoir. And whatever you do, throw that stupid feeding chart they give you away. Or cut all of their measurements down by 3/4. Emerald Harvest nutes are very potent.
EH IS EXTREMELY POTENT, I use Aptus additives and been rocking the EH 3 part base. I only use maybe 1/4 strength. I haven't incorporated foliar feeding in my regime yet. Just switching over from soil to coco so this is a new ball game for me. Im afraid to over do anything.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Pictures and grow info... You get out what you put in... Good info = good diagnoses and advice.

V

Vondank420

@bunkerking @ALIV
Anything is possible but I've never heard or seen burning with the use of humates
Does the product your using have other ingredients that might be the cause ?

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
@bunkerking @ALIV
Anything is possible but I've never heard or seen burning with the use of humates
Does the product your using have other ingredients that might be the cause ?

Yes it does. It's sort of like a super concentrated tea.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
EH IS EXTREMELY POTENT, I use Aptus additives and been rocking the EH 3 part base. I only use maybe 1/4 strength. I haven't incorporated foliar feeding in my regime yet. Just switching over from soil to coco so this is a new ball game for me. Im afraid to over do anything.

Yes coco is essentially hydroponics compared to soil. Same pH ranges as hydro, etc. And always, with hydro, LESS is MORE. I run a 30 gallon res (probably time for a 50 honestly) and I only use about 12ml. TOTAL of Cali Pro 2 part in 30 gallons. Especially with the strain I'm running right now, it barely needs anything at all. Any more than that I get claws and burn.

ALIV

ALIV

absolutly no info for what your even saying,so guess work,im thinking why are you feeding a new clone 400 ppm right off the bat,dirt water sky foam who hell know what your growing in,so lets just go with the guess stop feding something that barely has legs under it 400 ppm and if you need to feed it drop it to about 200 ppm till it gets established
just laughed my ass off

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok so it's coco. You need to feed at least once a day to get a good amount of run off. After it's saturated it won't take as much to feed and feeding more often brings in fresh nutrients and oxygen to the roots. Keep feed at 65-70f so you don't shock the plant. 400 ppm should be ok but still not pictures. If you let the coco dry this 400ppm will increase quickly causing nute burn because the nutrients stay and the water goes increasing the concentration. This is why it's important to feed with good run off to remove any buildup.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Increase to 600 ppm and feed 2-3 times a day until run off. They are starving then being overfed as the coco dries out is my opinion

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also those big ass pots are gonna make it very wasteful. Maybe increase to 2x a day first and see how they do. The more often you can feed the better but those pots are huge or atleast look huge to me. How many gal? I can't see going over 3 gal being a need in coco

ALIV

ALIV

Also those big ass pots are gonna make it very wasteful. Maybe increase to 2x a day first and see how they do. The more often you can feed the better but those pots are huge or atleast look huge to me. How many gal? I can't see going over 3 gal being a need in coco
Can #10 which is almost 10 gallons, I moved down from #15 which is there in that flower. I have four in can #5 or 5 gal. pots for experimental purposes.[/QUOTE]

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can #10 which is almost 10 gallons, I moved down from #15 which is there in that flower. I have four in can #5 or 5 gal. pots for experimental purposes.
[/QUOTE]
Suggest 3 gal unless you plan on growing absolute trees. I'm not a coco grower but seen a few grows.

@Enforcer @1diesel1 are the 2 unusually bug by tagging but lots of good coco growers here. Maybe they can correct my info or give ya better advice. But those pots man..... Way to big IMO

ALIV

ALIV

Suggest 3 gal unless you plan on growing absolute trees. I'm not a coco grower but seen a few grows.

@Enforcer @1diesel1 are the 2 unusually bug by tagging but lots of good coco growers here. Maybe they can correct my info or give ya better advice. But those pots man..... Way to big IMO
[/QUOTE]
Thank you for advice, will try the two feeds a day... Time for another auto feed setup 🙃 wondering if the switch to coco will be worth the effort.

Top Bottom