strain private reserve
helio spectra led light
humidity 45-50
temp 75-80
coco
week 6 flower
6.0 ph
1200ppm

symptoms are brown spots and edges of sugar leafs turning rust brown. last week before flush not sure how to save it most of the colas are starting to look the same. had a hormone imbalance early in flower due to light. since been fixed for three weeks. which cause the 3 finger leaves. etc not sure if it has relavance but other than that shes been a healthy plant

Why are by sugar leaves turning brown
Why are by sugar leaves turning brown 2
B

Badwolf

Nute burn, 1200 ppm is really high unless you are using co2

are you saying 1200 ppm is high over all or just high for coco, I water once a day? I've read of a lot of people going to 1400ppm but I can understand that in soil towards the end of slower

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Too much K or maybe Mn, what are you feeding them?

monstacropn

monstacropn

are you saying 1200 ppm is high over all or just high for coco, I water once a day? I've read of a lot of people going to 1400ppm but I can understand that in soil towards the end of slower
Sounds like you may be watering them too much skip a day between watering

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

i guess i may be a little confused. i though coco was a medium that is best watered every day. but im guessing thats with less nutes or cutting them in half

You have to colonize the pot before you can water daily or multiple times a day. Also depends on the coco and if it's cut with anything(perlite rice hulls Hydroponic). If you have the Coco that's made out of real small fibers you usually can't water every day. You got the real coarse chunky hairy stuff you can water more often

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I water by weight in coco and dirt, the only difference is with dirt you let it dry out almost completely. With coco the pot is usually light when lifted after 2 or 3 days and when they get into flowering a few weeks they start to lighten the pot every day and need daily waterings. Never let your coco dry completely like dirt but leaving it waterlogged isnt good for your roots.

monstacropn

monstacropn

i guess i may be a little confused. i though coco was a medium that is best watered every day. but im guessing thats with less nutes or cutting them in half
I am just now running a coco mix for first time and I used to water every other day now it's twice a week

F

FarmerX

It does look like you had some nutrient burn, but that looks like a lock out caused by an excess of something or fluctuating pH.

Can you tell us:

What is your pH of reservoir?

What is your starting EC, before mixing in nutrients.

Do you have to adjust pH after mixing nutes, are you adjusting up or down?

My immediate advice:
-Flush container(s) heavily with 1/4 strength nutrients at 5.9 pH
-Feed 1/2 Strength nutrients for three days, at least once a day, preferably two at pH 5.9; you will find your plants will drink a lot more water when you lower the strength of feed.
-Get back to us! Remember that this type of damage will not recover, you may stop it from spreading, don't expect these leaves to go green again.

Good luck,

X

hermit186

hermit186

Coco is a good medium there are more.
Coco is a neutral media it usually needs some C added but remember there is nothing in it that is of your creation. I use straight coco and I water 3 times a day

B

Badwolf

I promise you its not a nutrient lockout or deficiency. This problem has ravaged through plants that have been in 3 different stages of life all getting different amounts of nutes for their respective stage of growth in flower. I've been checking for russet mites but i haven't seen any moving critters so I'm starting to think that its rust fungus or i just haven't physically seen and mites. this is a bit backward but here are pics from all stages of this problem.

Just to state I ph to 6.0 ever time and I usually have to ph adjust down before every feed.

IMAG0506
IMAG0507
IMAG0538
IMAG0539
IMAG0543
IMAG0544
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Use a 100x or better scope on the badly affected leaves where it kinda looks yellow.

F

FarmerX

If you would answer my previous questions, I may be able to assist you.

From your recent pictures, some of it looks like potassium or phosphorous deficiency. The first photos on OP could be light burn, nutrient burn, or Boron Deficiency.

If you are experiencing so many deficiencies at once, I always assume and check pH, as a variation or swing will cause multiple nutrients to lock out.

If you are using tap water, you may have high alkalinity(carbonates) which will affect medium pH regardless of what your water pH is at feed.

The other thing that would cause such mayhem, to my knowledge, would be underfeeding, but at 1200 PPM that's incredibly unlikely.

It could also be environmental. Too low of humidity with too intense of light/heat will cause a plant to stop transpiring, they then seize to drink and eat. This will cause a lot of weird things.

It could be watering practices too. If you allow a medium to dry out or leave it over saturated, salts build up and create lockouts or the plant essentially drowns which shows in a lot of different ways.

It might be a pest, but I briefly read through my notes on russet and broad mites, this isn't the type of damage I would expect to see. Though, different strains react differently to different things.

Good luck,

X

hermit186

hermit186

Please take your pictures with leds off
Chech some of the media with that scope
Get Seamaden to look at it.
If you don't a bug problem
and your lights are not to close and the temapture is good
you have a chemistery problem the wrong mix with good ph is still deadly.

hermit186

hermit186

What kinda water you using coco doesn't work well with some well water becuase of it total lack of C. Some salts effect it not wonderfully It doesn't work with city water period.
If you want help need your whole chemical formula and how much how often.
I would look for bugs, if you rule them out move to chemistry. The edges tips rolling over and the rust burns on the edges I have also seen.
You want answers answer the questions.
It looks like your chemistry was off and the light and you got 3 leef. When you corrected that you added cal/mag to deal with deficiency in doing that you have signs of N tox . This may not be how you did it but was how I did it and that looked a lot like your stuff the new leaves correcting them self with spots is classic PH flux. If this has moved thru your grow room do they all end up with it or signs of it.
The fact that many bugs and defincies look a lot alike that is why I have a binocular stereo microscope if its a critter or scale 2500 power will see it.
Bought at a school sale for 20 bucks.
Haven't used it for anything but looking at tricombs for a long time now.
I don't mess with ma nature I grow regular weed seeds and my chemistry is from this site. I still believe is white strain. also stop telling me what it is or isn't I don't need your help

Top Bottom