Why are my cannabis seedlings growing so slowly

• Thread starter Cufzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Also how often should I give them nutrients
bottled nutrients meant for hydro system goes hand in hand with watering, you however are using soil and should be aware of salt buildup
im using organic dry soil amendments and have no need to purchased a bottle of mineral/salt based fertilizer.

Last edited:
simonkay

simonkay

it is as i imagined a potting mix that also serves to level out lawns. we can safely assume this mix is not optimal for growing cannabis
Hey bro im stuck with limited options south of the border, so im gonna have to go home depot or somewhere similar and buy some regular brand soil then mix it with perlite, worm cast, peat moss etc. but everything is in Spanish and i have no idea what to pick. Could you help a brother out in need and recommend the safest soil to purchase blindly? (I will be using GH nutes in airpots)

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hey bro im stuck with limited options south of the border, so im gonna have to go home depot or somewhere similar and buy some regular brand soil then mix it with perlite, worm cast, peat moss etc. but everything is in Spanish and i have no idea what to pick. Could you help a brother out in need and recommend the safest soil to purchase blindly? (I will be using GH nutes in airpots)
most of those stores will have promix hp..
maybe order it before hand to pick up there..

mrsdabfire

mrsdabfire

Supporter
Hey there! It's not uncommon for cannabis seedlings to grow slowly, especially in the beginning stages. There are several factors that could be contributing to the slow growth of your seedlings.

Firstly, make sure you're providing your seedlings with the right amount of light. Cannabis seedlings need a lot of light to grow, so consider investing in a grow light if you're not already using one.

Secondly, check the temperature and humidity levels in the area where your seedlings are growing. Ideally, the temperature should be around 70-80°F and the humidity around 60%.

Thirdly, ensure that you're using the right type of soil and that it's not too compacted. The soil should be loose enough to allow for proper drainage and oxygenation.

Lastly, be patient! Cannabis seedlings can take some time to grow, so don't worry too much if they're not growing as quickly as you'd like. Just keep providing them with the right environment and they should start to pick up the pace soon enough.

Hope that helps!

simonkay

simonkay

most of those stores will have promix hp..
maybe order it before hand to pick up there
Unfortunately no promix in Mexico they only have vigoro, nutrigarden, pimussa (never heard of any of these) im thinking of just buying some organic compost (or dry dirt from garden centre) and mix with perlite, peat and worm castings. Would you of anything i should avoid before making a mix

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Unfortunately no promix in Mexico they only have vigoro, nutrigarden, pimussa (never heard of any of these) im thinking of just buying some organic compost (or dry dirt from garden centre) and mix with perlite, peat and worm castings. Would you of anything i should avoid before making a mix
whatever you buy for indoor should come in a bag, if not and your buying from a pile of dirt than it could be contaminated with pest or fungas etc..

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Ask for potmixes for roses, it should work, too

Anyway, if you're going to do your own mix you also need some lime (magnesium lime, dolomite etc) to offset the too-acidic pH of thepeat and - this is crucial - to meet optimal target soil pH of 6,2-6,5 for Cannabis. Your lime, that contains calcium carbonate, should be added until a soil drench slurry probe gives you exactly that reading, if not, you gotta correct with either peat or lime until it's met. It's the most singlehanded important variable to look upon, as if it's out of range (5,5-7,5) then the plant won't grow well no matter what.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Hey bro, I live in Mexico as well. I order my soil from Mercado Libre and order Fox Farm ocean forest and happy frog. Delivered to my door step :)

My outdoor grow here I bought soil from Home Depot and it was no bueno. Loaded with pests and no soil I could find had good ratios between NPK, nothing I could trust fully to want to use it again.

simonkay

simonkay

Hey bro, I live in Mexico as well. I order my soil from Mercado Libre and order Fox Farm ocean forest and happy frog. Delivered to my door step :)

My outdoor grow here I bought soil from Home Depot and it was no bueno. Loaded with pests and no soil I could find had good ratios between NPK, nothing I could trust fully to want to use it again.
Hey bro, thats good to know, i have seen ff available online in MX but it costs alot of money to ship down to cancun, so I'm tryna stay within budget ,im thinking of finding a good packed organic compost and mixing about 20% with other stuff like perlite/vermic/ewc/coco/humus/rock dust (shaded ones recipe). Im hoping having low content of soil with diatomaceous earth mixed in will avoid insect problems (growing indoor btw). Sounds like you haven't been so lucky i will have to pick my soil carefully , but its nice to meet another grower from here ✌️any advice is much appreciated as its my first time in this climate so got new challenges to complete

Top Bottom