Why are my leaves clawing

• Thread starter Gboi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gboi420

Gboi420

Also drop your humidity to around 50-55%... cause sure as hell that 75% is making things even worse for the plants ability to uptake.
That isn't the humidity reading. Lol. It just shows the lowest temp it's read and the highest

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Regular (plastic) pots properly sized for your plants would help til you get more experienced in the garden.

Proper watering practices and a stable environment will make your life much easier.

Redgravemine

Redgravemine

Hello everyone. I noticed that my plant leaves are starting to curl. I have 2 led lights right above around 12 inches away. ive always noticed this plants leaves never would pray to the light. Always have been a little thin and clawing downwards . Is the clawing a sign of the light being to close? Or something else.
I do have a intake fan that is pretty powerful and it's constantly blowing light air on the plants. Could that be it?
No. It's most likely the lights, but it could also be too much fertilizer.

jamesoncom

jamesoncom

I just wanted to say that if you still have them in fabric pots, and are willing to give it another shot with them, the best practice I have learned where I live, and it's bone dry here as I live in the freak 100 degree desert. I still use fabric pots though because of the air penetration.
Personally I see nothing wrong with letting the top of the soil get hydrophobic, yes it does make it harder to water properly but it also ensure the roots get their dry time, which is just as crucial as the wet time, at least here in the desert. When they get hydrophobic the water will run of the sides, so just put about a liter in them at first, going down the line hitting every plant. Then wait 5 mins and come back and do the same thing, if the water still runs off the side of the fabric pots early (it shouldn't run of the side of the fabric pot at all actually, only a little at first) then wait another 5 mins and do the same thing. Eventually the water will quit being hydrophobic and you can water like normal. Also having a saucer under the plant to catch the runoff that does go over the side is crucial, just let that water sit there in the bottom of the saucer and the plant will suck it up. Get use to lifting your pots 100% soaked with water, so you know what it feels like.
I will even sometimes let them stay dry so long as they droop over, just to see how the pot feels with them completely dry. Then use this method to see if your pots need water, walk through and lift the pots. Get in there close and blow 'em a kiss, A kiss a day keeps the bugs away.
Of course if you can't get to them easily or if they in far to large a pot for that then clearly this method won't work :)
Also, I would totally move the light up, specially if you don't have a way to lower the brightness. I run anywhere from 20 to 40 inches away, and according to some people that is still to close. If it's a 50"- 60" tent, all the way to the top, below the air outtake, or if it's a 72" (6-foot) tent then....still at the top :). Good luck to you!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you say you have a fan blowing on them, is it blowing down on them? if so, that is a problem, the hot air is at the top over the lights, if you have a fan blowing the hot air down on them that isnt really great.

Gboi420

Gboi420

you say you have a fan blowing on them, is it blowing down on them? if so, that is a problem, the hot air is at the top over the lights, if you have a fan blowing the hot air down on them that isnt really great.
I have the intake fan all the way at the bottom but it is hard to get it to not blow air straight on the plants. And I have another small clip fan towards the bottom facing up at the lights

B

Ben.Jamin

I am having a couple problems I believe. A little about my grow room first
Converted a portion of my garage into a grow room.
24000 BTU mini split A/C
3x 1000w Spider Farmer LED lights
Co2 generator - propane burner type
Dehumidifier used as needed
Temp set 72 degrees although I just adjusted to 78 due electric bill
Humidity 64%
I have lights 24” above the canopy
Using RO water and I catch the condensation from the AC as well
My tap water is not that great has Chloramine and my previous grows were effected by it.
I add Calmag plus iron to my water 5ml per gallon
Medium is promix bx + biofungicide/ mychorrhizae
Nutes - advanced nutrients micro/grow/bloom 4ml per liter when in veg through flower half that amount for seedling
Feed schedule is 2 waters then Feed repeat for entire grow.
Pots just started using grow bags just recently. The 8 plants in veg were all in 1 gallon pots, then transplanted in 7 gallon grow bags. I have 3 left to transplant. My 4 seedlings I started 1 gallon grow bags and that will be norm going forward, 1 gallon GB to start transplant into 7 gallon GB when they grow to about 1.5ft
I have veg room and flower room. The pics you see the plants are in flower room bc I harvested last week and the room is empty and I need to do bit of work in my veg room
I only plan to have 4 plants per light although the pics show all under 1 light, but that it temporary.

Now to my issues. It seems I have 2 plants that have a few leaves clawing and all of the plants have leaves that have small brown spots on them. I defoliate the leaves that have the spots but I did leave a few on for diagnosis in the pics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

IMG 0018
IMG 0019
IMG 0010
IMG 0020
IMG 0017
IMG 0016
IMG 0011
IMG 0012
IMG 0013
IMG 0014
IMG 0015
IMG 0009
IMG 0008
IMG 0007
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Anyone figure this one out yet?

B

Ben.Jamin

Adding to the details.

I have oscillating pedestal fan blowing low speed over canopy.
Water is 60ppm/6.7ph when I add Calmag+iron.
Feed is 1250ppm/5.8PH

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Adding to the details.

I have oscillating pedestal fan blowing low speed over canopy.
Water is 60ppm/6.7ph when I add Calmag+iron.
Feed is 1250ppm/5.8PH

Any help would be greatly appreciated
looks like your in soil, tough call. The CAl MAg pH should be at 5.8 like your feed is. if you want to try something out of the ordinary, and only because your in soil, one tablespoon of unsulphured blackstrap molasses (to gallon of water) mix. do that once a week. The way your leaves are bending it could be overwatering or overfeeding. Do you have a soil moisture meter on hand?

B

Ben.Jamin

looks like your in soil, tough call. The CAl MAg pH should be at 5.8 like your feed is. if you want to try something out of the ordinary, and only because your in soil, one tablespoon of unsulphured blackstrap molasses (to gallon of water) mix. do that once a week. The way your leaves are bending it could be overwatering or overfeeding. Do you have a soil moisture meter on hand?
It could be but I am fairly confident it’s not over watering, I don’t water until the medium is bone dry, maybe under watering? I do the lift test been doing it for years and haven’t had a problem with overwatering

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
To clarify, not using soil promix bx is Peat moss
Pro-Mix® BX Biofungicide + Mycorrhizae™ is a general purpose peat-based professional growing medium and the idea of adding the Mycorrhizae clearly lends this soil to the organic side of things.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
It could be but I am fairly confident it’s not over watering, I don’t water until the medium is bone dry, maybe under watering? I do the lift test been doing it for years and haven’t had a problem with overwatering
Then it appears you have some some sort of root problem going on. your plants are going into shock for the build up of salt in the soil. Do you flush your soil?

B

Ben.Jamin

Then it appears you have some some sort of root problem going on. your plants are going into shock for the build up of salt in the soil. Do you flush your soil?
I haven’t flushed my soil, is there a recommended way to do so in growbags? This is my first time using growbags so learning as I go

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I haven’t flushed my soil, is there a recommended way to do so in growbags? This is my first time using growbags so learning as I go
alright. I'm gonna try to find a simple video for you because me trying to explain things.. the idea of flushing or proper watering is to water until you get 20% runoff from the bottom of your pots. Your gonna want to put them pots on pot risers so that they are not sitting in the runoff. everytime you feed with no runoff that salt based nutrients builds up in the soil eventually causing an osmotic shock (your roots can no longer uptake water)

B

Ben.Jamin

alright. I'm gonna try to find a simple video for you because me trying to explain things.. the idea of flushing or proper watering is to water until you get 20% runoff from the bottom of your pots. Your gonna want to put them pots on pot risers so that they are not sitting in the runoff. everytime you feed with no runoff that salt based nutrients builds up in the soil eventually causing an osmotic shock (your roots can no longer uptake water)
Huge help thank you! I bet this is my problem, seems I am having same issue as the video. I will follow up in a couple days after I flush. Really appreciate the advice!

Top Bottom