Why Coco?

• Thread starter pacificdunes74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pacificdunes74

pacificdunes74

I have grow with Hydroton, Rockwool and lately subcools super soil mix. What is the benefit of growing with Coco Coir? I see it is became very wide used but how is it any better or worse? Thanks

pacificdunes74

pacificdunes74

The Super soil mix is pretty awesome, I dont use any nutes except a little Big Bud and Hygrozyme and I get awesome buds. Just thought I would throw that out there. I still would give Coco a try if its better.

Kushwick

Kushwick

Im fairly new to coco so im still learning but i see alot of benefits since switching from soil. The growth is explosive without a doubt.

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

Coco is awesome because it is able to get more O2 and retain it better, it's better for root circulation, or lack thereof, and it is awesome for nutrient absorb son due to the in read levels of Oxygen e plant is able to get. I love coco. Think it's the best medium to be honest. Rapid growth for sure and it's way better at saving o2 and great for mobile nutes

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

Get the smart pots to prevent root circulation. Root circulation is essentially the end of the root and we all know the bigger the roots the better!!!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

A high-quality coco (not compressed bricks) is an excellent medium. I am experimenting now with organically amended coco. No huge differences so far; I do think I have faster growth though.

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

Ya true that. Be sure to use coco nutes and the ph should be around 5.8-6.2 if I remember correctly. There are a lot of benefits from using coco

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

A high-quality coco (not compressed bricks) is an excellent medium. I am experimenting now with organically amended coco. No huge differences so far; I do think I have faster growth though.
U will see it in a few weeks, it takes some time for the roots to get around all the coco..... Once they do its amazing. That's another benefit. More roots, bigger plants

sixstring

sixstring

I notice my smaller plants in solo cups are much better developed in coco.seems likealot more fiber roots or hair compared to long thick runners in soil.but I still use 50% promix 50% coco to flower.seems to be a good balance for my style.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's the other one I need to try, Pro-Mix! I've only gotten my very first bale of peat moss, though, so I've gotta do that experiment first before I move onto the next one.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I usually add about 25%-30% rice hulls, guanos, Azomite, worm castings (in low amounts or you can really create a very... sludgey/muddy media), kelp meal, Neem meal, and some Microhume, all pre-charged with a mild vegging solution that always includes some seaweed extract. Oh, I also add in a good bit of dry hydrolized fish.

D

Dillinger

I usually add about 25%-30% rice hulls, guanos, Azomite, worm castings (in low amounts or you can really create a very... sludgey/muddy media), kelp meal, Neem meal, and some Microhume, all pre-charged with a mild vegging solution that always includes some seaweed extract. Oh, I also add in a good bit of dry hydrolized fish.

So Basiclly just like my soil mix but coco based. Thanks for everyone's help.

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

The humbolt gold mix is really good too. Has perlite in already so that's cool. Keeps awesome water and air and nutes get sent fast

OGONLY

OGONLY

Straight coco for me. I've mixed perlite and hydroton with coco years ago and didn't see any difference. As far as castings and other natural fertilizers that are often mixed in soil, there is no need for those in coco IMO. They just gum up your coco and defeat the purpose. Plants in coco thrive due to oxygen availability in the root zone. This enables the plant to uptake nutrients and water at a higher rate and thus grow faster and bigger.

A simple salt based nutrient schedule is all you need to grow some really good bud. There are other tip and tricks for growing in coco. You can find them all here on THCF if you invest some time to read up.

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

Yea I said the same thing about Coco above.... Just liked the convenience of the golden.....came in big ole bags and no mixing needed. Right on for creating your own. That's the way to do it if ya know ur stuff.....which you must for that, congrats man! Thanks for the coco tips from the farmer here...l great to know. Thanks. And had no idea about the salt so that is great to look into as well!

Top Bottom