Why do my plants look sleep during lights on ?

• Thread starter Growbro20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growbro20

Growbro20

Hey Guys...

I’m having a problem 10 days into flower on my first grow. About 5 days ago I noticed that 4 of my six plants would perk up when the lights come on and about 3 hrs into the lights being on they would look like they were sleep. I attached some pics for you guys to see

What could cause this ?

Why do my plants look sleep during lights on
Why do my plants look sleep during lights on 2
Why do my plants look sleep during lights on 3
Dan789

Dan789

Agree with @Beowuuulf, but would question the feeding schedule also...Looks to me like the plants running out of energy/steam, when I see my plants with this behavior, they need water, but I don’t know your soil, how long the plants have been in your bags, or what levels their being fed at.
Noting the fade towards the bottom of one of the shots, without much in the way of bloom happening, says they’re hungry without knowing much else.

Growbro20

Growbro20

@Beowuuulf I have 2 Aglex 2000w cob led and one Aglex 1200w cob led. When I first noticed the problem the plants were due for water. They perked up the next time the lights came on but a few hours after same thing happened

Growbro20

Growbro20

Agree with @Beowuuulf, but would question the feeding schedule also...Looks to me like the plants running out of energy/steam, when I see my plants with this behavior, they need water, but I don’t know your soil, how long the plants have been in your bags, or what levels their being fed at.
Noting the fade towards the bottom of one of the shots, without much in the way of bloom happening, says they’re hungry without knowing much else.

the plants got transplanted to 5 gallon fabric pots a about 2 weeks ago. I transplanted from 1 gallon fabric pots then waited a few days to change to 12/12. I’m using coast of Maine stonington blend soil

Growbro20

Growbro20

Lower light intensity.

Keep them in the low perspiration range of VPD.

I'm no soil expert but careful not to overwater.

I’ll raise the lights up tonight and see if that helps. Thanks for the help

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
How did you transplant out of 1 gal fabrics? Did you hear a ripping sound as you peeled the pot away? Could have damaged the roots, which opens them up for infection and diseases.

I'd feed it a solid dose of either microbes, enzymes or both to clean up any dead root matter, And I'd get your humidity as high as possible for a week or so, combined with drastically reduced light levels for the week. You need to reduce the transpiration demand on the root system.

Plants will wilt hard like that when they cant keep up with transpiration, either way too low humidity, compromised roots, or both.

Growbro20

Growbro20

How did you transplant out of 1 gal fabrics? Did you hear a ripping sound as you peeled the pot away? Could have damaged the roots, which opens them up for infection and diseases.

I'd feed it a solid dose of either microbes, enzymes or both to clean up any dead root matter, And I'd get your humidity as high as possible for a week or so, combined with drastically reduced light levels for the week. You need to reduce the transpiration demand on the root system.

Plants will wilt hard like that when they cant keep up with transpiration, either way too low humidity, compromised roots, or both.

when I transplanted from the one gallons the bottom of each pot was a little stuck. I had to stick my hand into the bottom to seperate the pot from the plant. So as far as enzymes and microbes go how can I get those to the plants organically ?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I should add, be careful if you do use microbes or enzymes in organic soil... Itll make a whole lot of nutrients available to the plant. Maybe more than it needs. I'd maybe just use something like RAW bloom microbes and skip the enzymes if you go that route. But I do think you've maybe got some root damage or infection.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is the product I'd recommend, it's got some very aggressive beneficial fungi and bacteria in it that will help fight any infections you might have in the rootzone. And it will create enzymes that help break down dead and damaged root matter. It's good stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/NPK-Industries-717980-Microbes-Bloom/dp/B01MCU3W04

Other than that, Like I said I'd push humidity up, into the 65- 70% range, and keep temps around 78f +/- a couple degrees. Plus raise the light way up.

Reactions: Ina
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So as far as enzymes and microbes go how can I get those to the plants organically ?

In a healthy rootzone they will occur naturally in most instances, but if you damaged the roots and they are infected you will likely have more bad bacteria and fungi in there than good. In that instance supplementing with the good guys that can fight the nasties is a good plan imho.

As far as whether its organic or not, its fungi and bacteria that's isolated in a lab, but it is considered a bio-control in the sense that it's naturally occurring live biological microbes that have a beneficial symbiotic relationship with plants.

Growbro20

Growbro20

This is the product I'd recommend, it's got some very aggressive beneficial fungi and bacteria in it that will help fight any infections you might have in the rootzone. And it will create enzymes that help break down dead and damaged root matter. It's good stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/NPK-Industries-717980-Microbes-Bloom/dp/B01MCU3W04

Other than that, Like I said I'd push humidity up, into the 65- 70% range, and keep temps around 78f +/- a couple degrees. Plus raise the light way up.

temps and Humidity are 78 degrees and 50-53% humidity during lights on and 70 degrees 50% humidity during lights off.

how long do I need to use the microbes with the high humidity and temps ?

also how can I transplant next time without damaging the roots ?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
temps and Humidity are 78 degrees and 50-53% humidity during lights on and 70 degrees 50% humidity during lights off.

Start them in solid pots or the plastic airpots next time. And I'd keep humidity high and light low until the plants recover and look better. Then slowly start to increase light and lower humidity.

As for microbes, I would use them once every couple weeks personally.

mantistoboggan

mantistoboggan

hey @Dirtbag how do you feel about the og biowar line for teas for this purpose?

Growbro20

Growbro20

Start them in solid pots or the plastic airpots next time. And I'd keep humidity high and light low until the plants recover and look better. Then slowly start to increase light and lower humidity.

As for microbes, I would use them once every couple weeks personally.

I ordered some of the microbes but I cant get it until Tuesday. Would growers recharge workin the mean time ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom