Why do you grow?

• Thread starter hps4891
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hps4891

hps4891

I was thinkin 2day, kinda wondering bout my own reason for growing. It is to help as many people aspossible to access this incredible, healing plant. I've been growing on & off since `98 & really kick started back up the past few years when 1 of my brothers passed away about 4 years ago. In his prime, he is what most would call a grow master. Currently he's my inspiration, as what took him from this earth before his time could have been easily solved by ready access to cannabis (im not a huge fan of the M word btw). So I was also wondering everyone elses reasons, & just whatever you feel like sharing about growing or cannabis. Pictures welcomed! Thanks guys (& gals)!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I don't know to me it just fit. I didn't even smoke weed till i was 17. Lots of LSD in my younger years. Once I got into it and started buying it that when I started on my journey. Think I bought weed for a total of a year before I grew my first plants seriously (talking buying equip, seeds ect). I never stopped. Going on 19 years now. I look and act like a stereotypical weed grower so it just fit. Long hair. Play disc golf. You know the typical shit people say. Also for me it was sitting on top of the food chain. I have never been the dude to hit resin out of a pipe. Most people (normies) don't understand why my ash tray has a bunch of green weed still in it. I've always been the guy rolling them up non stop. I'm the crazy dude who brings 40g of hash to a party so we can all have a good ass time. Like I said it just fits me and always has. Even before I was growing. Plus I was always hanging out with heads older then me so after my first year or 2 I knew this was a life long journey. I wouldn't change a thing on my journey to where I am now even if I could go back and do it differently.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

because i can....

started growing when i moved out of home, university - 600W HPS, flood & drain in the garage, guerrilla grows in the bush and backyard. never to make money (though save money), always personal

i always chucked some in the backyard, where i learned to LST my plants to better camouflage. even spoke to uniformed coppas with maturing plants almost right next to me. grew plants, so that the thieves just take that and leave my main crop alone.

hey, i got into general gardening, too - all the animals (cats, birds, insects, bees, women...) got into picking our garden. i like growing consumables - be it herbs, vegetables, fruits and flowers, with its satisfaction of growing your own supply/consumption.

even got into trying our hands at growing the largest sunflower (annual competition) - though we didn't come close.

i was brewing beer underneath the kitchen sink, tasted good, but didn't have the 'head'.

if you can do it at a high quality, and you enjoy the end-product, you also enjoy making/doing it yourself.

recently, i got back into growing, in a city apartment, as i have this opportunity & location.

maybe another reason is that i do disagree with the local laws and its prohibition....

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Medicine. I have been using cannabis as medicine for the past 15 years and did my first grow 13 years ago. From that first grow I felt how calming and therapeutic growing cannabis is. Whenever it has been a possibility I have grown my own medicine. This gives me the best medicines at both ends of the production line, a wonderful garden for mental therapy and high quality medicine for my physical ails. On top of all of that, because I can so why wouldn’t I?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Lots of LSD in my younger years.
Ditto, contact high from age 6-11. mom and her hippie husband moved on there went the weed. Dad didn’t smoke. Got high for the first time at 12 years young 1976.
Smoked and dropped throughout my early years. Always dreaming of a grow but life, wife and kids was a learning experience. Kids off to college I tell my self it’s time. Started small in the garage with one HPS 1000w and nothing else. A buddy gave me 4 clones and wouldn’t you no it, The plants flowered and showed me love! 2 blue dreams and two Superman. I was hooked line and sunk!! Lol:)
I realized at the time I had several family members that had medical cards and no growers. So I stepped up to the plate built a room on to the garage and started working on the old green thumb. I guess I grow for the love of the plant the knowledge it has brought to my life. And I think mainly patience because without patience you cannot be a successful grower to the point you understand the plant you grow with all the love in your heart.
1D99E5FD 9110 4870 9CBF A12FD6E8CF64
4EB8A7DA 8C29 439E BFB4 11F71BA9F0F3

Last edited:
Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

Thats a DAMN SHAME sounds like legal rape honestly.
"legal" rape is very apt

frankly, here the whole system feels like it was designed by the grown up version of those hefty girls in highschool, that smoked pot once before an insane clown posse concert or something, but spent the rest of their 20s explaining the "scene" to their friends?

who else buys weed by the gram....
or got riped off so bad they think 40$ an 8th is how much shit costs...
seriously...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I remember when the bc cannabis store opened seeing those $65+ eighths. Its come down quite a bit, but probably only because nobody's buying it, because its garbage mass produced in terrible conditions by people who have never even smoked pot let alone grown it before.

Butts4Supper

Butts4Supper

I grew up in new jersey. The bikers, criminals and government work together in greed. They are the same team.
Woah...Check out the way the scene works on the Island, in Lower main land, Fraser valley and the interior and The Okanagan . The cops are sometimes worse than the gangsters they are chasing. It's quite interesting actually and very complex.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Woah...Check out the way the scene works on the Island, in Lower main land, Fraser valley and the interior and The Okanagan . The cops are sometimes worse than the gangsters they are chasing. It's quite interesting actually and very complex.

In the 80’s and 90’s the mayer and police of atlantic city and the Pagans (they are like biker marines if the hells angels are the army) produced and distributed the p2p meth. The biker cops were pagans in police uniforms.

Butts4Supper

Butts4Supper

In the 80’s and 90’s the mayer and police of atlantic city and the Pagans (they are like biker marines if the hells angels are the army) produced and distributed the p2p meth. The biker cops were pagans in police uniforms.
Really?? fuck. Is that what that Stone Cold movie is about? I remember when I was a kid that was the first time I had ever heard the word P2P.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Dude.. A friend of mine was not only a huge pot head but also a VPD officer for a few years, they used to brag about how much pot and money they seized and kept for themselves. Not dime bags and 20's, but like full orders of dozens of pounds and tens of thousands in cash. Divvy it up among 2-3 cops... I guess that's what you get for not polygraphing the recruits. He got so disillusioned with LEO's he quit and opened a bakery lol.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Really?? fuck. Is that what that Stone Cold movie is about? I remember when I was a kid that was the first time I had ever heard the word P2P.

Yes. I remember stone cold. I was actually at those biker pig roasts when that movie came out. Lol

Also the eddie murphy nick nolte buddy movie where they steal a tanker in the beginning and crash eddies prison bus. 48 hours?

The tanker had p2p. Government rocket fuel. Thats what the lab in breaking bad is for too.

By the way. I am now 21 years clean from that shit and coke.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yes. I remember stone cold. I was actually at those biker pig roasts when that movie came out. Lol

Also the eddie murphy nick nolte buddy movie where they steal a tanker in the beginning and crash eddies prison bus. 48 hours?

The tanker had p2p. Government rocket fuel. Thats what the lab in breaking bad is for too.

By the way. I am now 21 years clean from that shit and coke.

Cheers to that brother. I only spent one long, loooong weekend on that crystal shyte and that was enough for me. I dont do well without sleep, but my gf at the time was a fiend. Coke on the other hand... There wasnt many days in my early 20's without an 8 ball in my pocket. That was my drug of choice, and my next door neighbor being a fairly high up member of the nomads selling me balls of fish scale for $150 CDN didnt help matters any.. As Bobcat Goldthwait says about bikers, They're like the bears in a campground, sure they look cool but stay in the car. I was young, had tons of money from growing and no real job for about 5 years. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times lol.

Thankfully I snapped out of that nonsense before it got any worse. Been clean almost 17 years.

Last edited:
Guerilla 420

Guerilla 420

I began to grow only for medicine but now have a true love for the site of the garden it's medicinal in more ways than one it's soothing to go out into the garden it's relaxing to spend time there and it is so nice to smell as soon as walk outside

Latest posts

Top Bottom