chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
So it's been eleven days since last puff
Reality man. Lol
Not so bad. No real cravings but it sure wold be nice
Can't remembered going this
Long without probably when I was in rehab 20 years back relapsed back to booze cause I couldn't smoke due to testing
Like my mother who would ask my dad why John why?
Pretty nice total soberity
But I know I will puff again when available
I was really scared I may pick up a drink here in New Zealand but it just would not be the thing to do after 15 years not a drop
Life is good with or without
Was getting to the point where
Being constantly high was boring
So a break is nice
Just go t me thinking
Why John why ?

ABENAKI

ABENAKI

Finding out the hard way that the plant can help.....in moderation. Hell they say the differance between medicine and poison is the doseage. My mother is a recovering alcoholic who used to force me to AA meetings with her.........marijuana maintence plan saved her life.

Toaster79

Toaster79

The longest break I had in the past 23 years of smoking was 6 months. Don't know why, maybe because we were consuming ridiculous ammounts and just needed a break. The first joint after those six months was better than the first hit of coke. The first hit got me high as a rocket. I smoke basically every evening to get a good sleep but here and there I pass for a week or two until my back starts killing me again.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Finding out the hard way that the plant can help.....in moderation. Hell they say the differance between medicine and poison is the doseage. My mother is a recovering alcoholic who used to force me to AA meetings with her.........marijuana maintence plan saved her life.
I don't think there are many things that are more difficult than admitting you have a problem. Whether AA was required or voluntary I am certain you helped by being available, even if it didn't seem like a choice. Having someone close to help remain accountable is a big part of recovery in my experience. Are you familiar with Al-Anon?

Thank you for being there, you deserve more than a thumbs up. I too, believe that using mj helped me, I disagree with the notion of marijuana being a crossover addiction for alcoholics.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I started smoking because I was selling and just always had alot around me I would only puff here and there but I was going through a long stint of depression and bipolar symptoms and was on so many pills it was nuts I weighed 95 pounds and still wanted to die till one day after a crazy break down I stopped all pills and started drinking alot along with smoking then I hated who I was when I was drunk made too many bad choices so I stopped that and kept smoking like a train and haven't looked back I still go through some bouts of depression but not like I used to now I know what strains help me

ABENAKI

ABENAKI

I don't think there are many things that are more difficult than admitting you have a problem. Whether AA was required or voluntary I am certain you helped by being available, even if it didn't seem like a choice. Having someone close to help remain accountable is a big part of recovery in my experience. Are you familiar with Al-Anon?

Thank you for being there, you deserve more than a thumbs up. I too, believe that using mj helped me, I disagree with the notion of marijuana being a crossover addiction for alcoholics.
I can bring to bare several individuals who have used cannabis as a ween off harder stuff...flies in the face of the reefer madness mindset of cannabis being a gateway drug. If you are predisposed to abuse chemicals.....it aint the chemicals issue lol

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

Hiya, what a great topic.
Since I was 18 years old I was always depressed. I was constantly suicidal. I went Psych wards many times. I had a traumatic childhood and I suffer with some stuff but there was no medicine that made me feel somewhat normal. I tell you this to explain what I'm about to say...
Marijuana keeps me alive!
I was asked by a shrink why I used MJ and I told him I feel normal when I am stoned.
Its a fact!
I got addicted to benzos and the other pills and I always felt suicidal. Because I was a stoner I was labeled an addict so I had another ailment to fight with? I attended meetings thru AA and NA multitudes of times. Once I managed to not drink or smoke or do pills for a year but I wont mention how many times I wound up in the nut ward.
Then I tried church...that was a disaster too...cuz when I mentioned I used to do drugs and I'm mental they kinda stepped aside and wished they never met me. I kinda felt like a reject in every aspect of my life. I was rejected by my family, the church, 12 step programs and well society in general.
Several years ago I landed in jail. I got weird again and got out of control. I stayed for 21 days and no charges were filed.
Those 21 days were a blessing though. I got a lot of time to think and evaluate my whole life. I prayed to the God I believed in and relied totally on HIM while I was in the jail. I again told Him I cant stop the pot cuz I can function with it. I heard God say in that still small voice in the back of my head....
"that is man's law...not Mine". What a stunning revelation for me.
When I got out and all the way until today HE provided my MJ needs. I was broke for ever it seems and always there was a way I could buy my pot. Now I grow my own and I pray daily for protection from the DEA and local cops.
I had to finally come to peace with myself that it is ok to be a pothead. I finally understood that pot got a bad reputation and the users got a bad reputation because of the ignorance and stereotyping society placed on us. I stopped feeling guilty for "self medicating" because quite frankly if the doctors don't listen and they don't want to use MJ for medicine then I must "self-medicate"!
I have this terrible disease of Rhumatoid Arthritis and I trusted the doctors and now I'm crippled beyond repair. I was diagnosed 18 years ago but then other doctors said I had gout not RA and by the time I found my last doctor I stopped believing they knew best for me as well. My point is I tried trusting Doctors but I see myself today and wonder why in the hell did I ever trust them? Its obvious to me now tthat my instincts way back in my late teens and early twenty's were right. I should use marijuana because my life is so normal when I do.
Why do I smoke pot? I want to live today is why.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Just wait till you take that first puff! Will knock you on your ass lol

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Growing up as a child I was diagnosed by a team of doctors to have adhd. Not sure my age maybe 4-5yrs old. They ran many tests on my brain, behavior, psychology etc. Not like today where you go to your doctor and they decide right away your condition. Maybe my parents would know more. Memories are limited at that age

Over the years they had me on dexadrine, ritalin, adderal, Strattera. The problem with these drugs was that it removed my personality from the equation growing up. Sort of disassociating myself from myself. It removed emotion, impulses, feelings, thoughts, bheavier and worst of all personality. just made me a zombie with super focus. While increasing rationality, logic, focus.

The drugs pretty much controlled my behavior until I was 18 when I decided to stop taking them because legally my parents couldn't make me anymore. Nor did they want to at that point I think. (Not blaming them, they were just doing what the doctor told them/what they thought would help). Little did they know how much it affected my life permanently.

Since the drugs controlled my behavior.

When I went off them I had to learn for the first time in 18yrs personal control. This was a tough task because this was the point where my personality came out. It was basically like starting as a child, but as an adult.

It took me a few years of staying up late with friends. Losing jobs from calling in sick. Having fun. Not really having a solid place to live before I started to get ahold of myself.

I considered this my exploration stage.
I had to follow my whims in hopes that it would lead me to who I am & what I like/want out of life.

I had been turned into a logical, rational, thinking machine from all the adhd drugs.

But simple things would distract and derail my train of thoughts due to lack of impulse control. My thoughts would go in a thousand different directions all at once (still do) I have learned to control it somewhat to my advantage, But sometimes I cant.

Nowadays I have learned that I have super focus if I do 1 thing at a time. And if I have motivation to do things I'm passionate about that focus gets intense.

The worst long term effects. we're things like lack of emotion, hard time empathizing with people.
Very neutral personality.
My emotional highs and lows have smaller peaks but stay closer to 0 (neutral) %90 of the time.

Some people consider me blunt, direct, an ass, jackass, dick lol.
I have no problem saying what I think and very directly. No skirting the issues. People nowadays aren't used to cutting through the bullshit and getting to the point. I am very opinonated. I am not a yes man.

It is mostly because I am a very littoral, factual, logical person.
So it is hard for people to figure out how or why I came to my conclusions without me saying them out loud.

I was drug, cigarettes & alcohol free (except pharmaceuticals for adhd growing up) until around 20yrs of age. (To this day I've never smoked a cigarette.

I got to a point where asking people what drugs were like wasn't enough explanation. I would have to physically experience them to truly understand them & unlock the relevant info people had described over the years. So I decided to try a few things a small number of times ea. To better understand

My first was just a beer.
I learned that alcohol wasn't my thing. Never has been, so I rarely do it Only on special occasions. Noticed immediately how much easier it was for me to speak my mind though (lack of inhibition).

I then tried mushrooms maybe 2-3x. I learned that things that unlocked my mind were things I enjoyed. They allowed me to delve deep into my own psyche to see what was beneath it all.

I tried acid maybe twice.
It was then I felt like my third eye had been opened. Everything in the world just made sense afterwards. But once enlightened didn't feel the need to seek it out again. Maybe if I need spiritual guidance in the future. But then I'd just try peyote.

Last on the list was weed.
Since I had never smoked cigarettes ever. I had a hard time learning how to smoke lol.

It took me 3-4 times experiencing it just to understand what I was feeling. But I knew in a short time it was the drug for me.
It calmed down my thoughts to the level of a normal person which was great. It was awesome to get peace of mind after so many years of going in a thousand directions.

The next thing I liked was how much more emotionally connected I was with the world. My high and low peaks were much larger. Happy times I can be very elated. Bad times I can feel very down.
These were things I was unaccustomed to. It was a new learning curve.

I also noticed that I could feel what another person is feeling without them saying it. Often times would know what they would say before they said it.

It proved to give me a much stronger connection between the people I interacted with. But it also applied to plants and animals as well.

I was a c-section baby. Science claims babies inherit their bacteria that populates their gut from the mother when passing through the birth canal. And when removed via c-section they don't inherit said bacteria for gut population.
I get nausea from day to day most of my life. Which has been been interfering with my ability to eat consistantly.
When I smoke though it instantly calms my stomach and allows me to intake more calories on a daily basis (I've always been on the lean side bmi 22).
Yogurt, kombucha, cottage cheese, and bacteria filled foods help too.

So all in all I've discovered that cannabis has too many upsides in My life for it not to be a part of it.

I smoke almost all year round.
But every year I tend to stop for a few months during winter to clear my head and body for a while (currently it's been over a month). maybe 2 more or so to go.

I would recommend it to anyone & trust me I do when it's appropriate.

Evolution dictates that plants can adapt to interact with certain species in certain ways.
And I believe that we have evolved side by side with this plant for many years.

I believe it has many wonderful properties to offer to us. Medicinally, psychologicaly, physically, spiritually, emotionally.

With how easy it is to start and stop when needed. I don't consider it a hard drug, or even a drug that causes problems.

I hope it stays a part of mankind forever into the future.
And when we die out maybe another species can come along and find the value inside of it.

End philosophical rant...

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I took a 6 month break a little more than a year ago. Other than that I'm pretty much stoned 24/7, and that is how I like it. The only drugs that have caused real problems in my life are the ones the doctor prescribed.

outwest

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Skateboarding accident left me with severe shoulder/neck damage and ever worsening neuropathy. Growing up with an abusive father and gang banger homies left me with PTSD. Cannabis quiets both those pains and allows me to live happily and relatively pain free.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Before I met my wife it was a bottle of Jack and whatever pills I could get my hands on, then she said "here try this". It Instantly changed my life for the better. I started getting to work everyday and treating people like they deserved. I still drink, but NOTHING like before. And I didn't take a single pain killer even after having 4 wisdom teeth pulle d im pretty proud of that. I took a 3 month break from smoke a while back and noticed right away I wasn't sleeping as good as I had been, back was constantly hurting. Even my teeth didn't feel as clean as normal (weird). But mainly I smoke because I like to get high lol

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Before I met my wife it was a bottle of Jack and whatever pills I could get my hands on, then she said "here try this". It Instantly changed my life for the better. I started getting to work everyday and treating people like they deserved. I still drink, but NOTHING like before. And I didn't take a single pain killer even after having 4 wisdom teeth pulle d im pretty proud of that. I took a 3 month break from smoke a while back and noticed right away I wasn't sleeping as good as I had been, back was constantly hurting. Even my teeth didn't feel as clean as normal (weird). But mainly I smoke because I like to get high lol
Ah yes, I also quite enjoy being high

K

kolah

I'm a bit different than the norm here. After experimenting with anything and everything over 45 years or so, I feel perfectly content (and satisfied) being straight as an arrow. I think clear, I'm in control, and I totally enjoy life. I smoke weed only in the evening (every night) before bed, 2 or 3 hits. I''ll wake up around 1 or 2 am, take a few hits and back to sleep. I enjoy the low tolerance. My midnight toking helps me to sleep deeply (REM sleep-aka dream sleep) and it lessens the frequency of my migraines. Before my midnight toking regimen, I used to get 1-2 migraines per week and now I get 1-2 migraines every 2-3 months or so.

I do enjoy delving into my homegrown magic mushrooms (mostly cubenis strains) maybe 4-5 times a year... it keeps my passion about life and love always stoked. Plus I like far-out adventures. I almost always trip alone too.

And as light as I smoke I test positive for THC all the time. Go figger'

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom