• Put it in fridge

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • What kind of marijuana?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TheRichC

TheRichC

So, I just recently purchased the Magical Butter 2 machine and followed all the instructions to make the butter. After everything was done, I was left with a huge chunk of butter. The butter taste like ass when I cook with it. I've put it in brownies, made rice Krispy treats and even Mac & cheese. I get a SUPER strong weed butter taste in all of them... How'd I get rid of that taste? I've read that you can put the cannabutter in a pan and let it melt down, then add water, and store it in the fridge to get rid of the taste... Is this true? What else can I do to get rid of that taste? Thank You Fellow Stoners!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Is your butter really super green? Can you use another word other then ASS to describe the flavor? I don't know what ass taste like so pinpointing what went wrong is a little hard....

What does the instructions tell you to do and perhaps we'll see what step went wrong..

TheRichC

TheRichC

Hahah, yes the butter is really green. I followed the instructions the EXACT way it was written. & Whenver I put the butter in anything, it's a really strong weed taste. No matter how much butter I put in.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
it is probably has alot to do with the starting material you used. but you can get a glass bowl fill it with water and then microwave it. throw your butter in it and let it melt stir it alot so any debris that is in the butter will fall to the bottom as the butter floats ontop. throw it in the fridge let it harden back up. then scrape the sides out pushing a knife between the edge and the glass. this should leave you a round puck. when you flip it over all the debris that was in the butter should be stuck to the bottom. i just rinse that off with warm water under the sink scaping with my fingers. this should help with the taste a little

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Well you extracted weed.. its gonna taste like weed :P

How long did the unit run for? How hot? How much butter how much water?

Sounds like too much butter not enough water and the green moved from the water to the butter or it ran too long and pulled all the ickys.

Main suspects are heat and too much chlorophyll as suggested while i type this out lol re-heat combine with water and repeat till your butters better flavor and have removed some of the green hopefully.

TheRichC

TheRichC

LittlDabbie- The MagicalButter runs for 2 hours on 160°, and the user Manuel says "DONT ADD WATER" <- exact words haha.

& thank xX Kid that's helps a lot. I will try that.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
LittlDabbie- The MagicalButter runs for 2 hours on 160°, and the user Manuel says "DONT ADD WATER" <- exact words haha.

& thank xX Kid that's helps a lot. I will try that.

Really? Wow.. if you still got your receipt id send it back, thats not a magical way to make anything other then a green mess..

Properly made butter is made with water and butter on a low heat preferably a programmable rice cooker or a slow cooker works too..

the Lack of water is really what fucked your butter and im not sure the machine can be ran with water so thats an issue..

The water grabs all the crap before the butter can or at least MOST of it before the butter can sadly in this case there was no water so the butter grabbed EVERYTHING.. You should be able to fix that tho with a few water washes and fridge rotations..

Good luck :D Pics of before and after would be cool to see! hint hint hint ;)

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
You probably need to wash your butter(especially if it's green). Need to get the stuff that's making it taste bad out.

Get a pot and put some water and your butter in there. Heat it up just enough to melt the butter down and let that simmer on low for like 6-7 minutes. You don't need or want it super hot.

Next you need to put that butter/water mix into a tupperware or glass container let it cool for 15 minutes then put the top on and place into your fridge to setup. You dont need to go to huge with container size/water amount.

When the butter fully rehardens you'll see that it's formed a butter patter floating at the top of the container, same shape too. You'll also notice the water is super dirty and you butter has a more aesthetic cleaner look to it. The water works wells as a filter. Take the butter patter and repeat with fresh water. All the thc will stick to the fat in the butter. You can get it real clean before you start using it.

Then you could even clarify it and go all gourmet! :)

Last edited:
Blaze

Blaze

Washing it like Kid Twist mentions helps a lot, but the bottom line is cannabutter tastes fucking terrible no matter what you do to it or how you make it. Washing it can make it taste less terrible, but it's never going to taste 'good' (at least in my opinion, some ppl like the flavor). What I have found works best is when you cook with it, mix it 50/50 with normal butter. The recipe you use it in helps a lot as well. Certain flavors help mask the awful cannabutter flavor or compliment it. Chocolate, ginger, hot peppers, and other strong flavors work really well with it in my experience. With a bit of experimentation you should be able to get it so you can't taste the cannabutter at all.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Yup, a rewash is in effect. I use 2x more water then material+butter combined. This allows most water soluable stuff to filter out with the water. I give a second wash with hot, low flame but not boiling water and whip it a bit for 30mins then let cool again. My butter smells like dank and has little green taste, enough to enjoy the treats.
Oh and btw rice crispy treats will always taste nasty with cannabutter. Make oatmeal cookies!

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
A big problem is simply using raw cannabis to make this product- chlorophyll is all but inevitable and that is what gives you bad taste.

A better way is to make water hash, then mix that into your butter and cook slowly. Not only will it not be green, nor will it taste bad, but it should taste like the hash you used, and doesn't require straining of any kind.

GoldiNugs

GoldiNugs

I'm def one of those people that like the flavor. Can't see why you wouldn't! Probably strain dependent though. Taste and smell are closely related and we all have strains we like the smell or more than others. Ergo some butter will probably end up tasting like ass :P

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I have always decarbed the herb before cooking in the butter.
Crumble dry herb on a cookie sheet and put in the oven on its lowest setting. I believe 20-30 minutes works.
I thought this was a redundant step if one was cooking into milk/butter/oil... Am I wrong?

Latest posts

Top Bottom