Why does weed lose it’s smell over time?

• Thread starter durian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
neverbreak

neverbreak

don't get me wrong, ya def incinerate some of it when ya smoke, but that's not what yer actually aimin for. to actually get that thc into ya bloodstream, it has to be vaporized. when ya smoke, that's still happenin but yer also unfortunately incinerating a fair percentage of it. it's actually a very inefficient way of consuming yer weed. my point is incinerating is more an unfortunate byproduct of smokin than the goal.

neverbreak

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Right on. I def agree vaping is probably healthier but from what I've experienced it doesn't seem to vap all the other components, along with the THC at the same temp. If that makes sense.

Anyway, my comment to the reference by YS about hops is still relevant as the Hops aren't vaped and inhaled in the lungs either. MGG

YarraSparra

YarraSparra

Sorry MGG, I’ll try not to write in a way that comes across as ‘Mr Know It All’ in future. You’d probably get on well with my wife, LOL.

Anyway not here to try and misdirect anyone, only to here to help and always happy to direct you to references where I can.

Peace.

YS

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Sorry MGG, I’ll try not to write in a way that comes across as ‘Mr Know It All’ in future. You’d probably get on well with my wife, LOL.

Anyway not here to try and misdirect anyone, only to here to help and always happy to direct you to references where I can.

Peace.

YS
Hey...I aint mad man haha. When I say I've tried what you're talking about I'll give you an example of one of the instances I'm talking about.
Several times when first starting out I dried way too fast in a rush to get somethin to smoke and would sometimes dry too long and would be forced to rehydrate. Those were admittedly accidental, but none the less they were dried too fast and too long then rehydrated and truly sucked. When I started curing in C-Vaults I spoke with the manufacturer that recommended to dry much the same way you do, and until it was almost crumbly. Then to place the buds in the C-Vaults with a Boveda60 for 18-20 days, Then, according to him, it was "perfectly cured". The herb I do my normal slow dry (6-9 days) and cure for 30 days blows it away. I mean not even close. That is where my disagreement comes from. Not trying to argue or down on your science or be the old fucker that's stuck in my ways. Ive tried a lot of different things over the years and theres absolutely nothing wrong with questioning the traditional ways of doing things. But in the same token I've found that many times what I've read that made perfect sense on paper didn't translate into making my garden better or more productive. I give you props man, youre stayin out on the cutting egde and that's awesome man. Much like the new phone my wife made me get a while back...you're just too smart for me. :D MGG

Zero Theorem

Zero Theorem

It’s very easy to store buds in CO2. This arrests most aerobic microbial activity. And prevents oxidation (though not photooxidation). All you need is vacuum bags and CO2 bottles, fill and refill the bag with CO2 and vac out a couple of times to dilute the remaining air until it’s pretty much all CO2. I don’t know if it’s the quality of the bag, but the brand I get sometimes loses negative pressure, so I alway double bag too. I always get comments on the smell and quality of my buds and I think it has more to do with this than the strains I grow.

NagaKing

NagaKing

Yeah the tiniest hole can reflate the bag over time...
What brand are you using?
I have a heavy duty one that has 5 parallel seals at the top, and the plastic is very thick..

Top Bottom