why hardly any aeroponics?

• Thread starter please2waze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MileHighChic

MileHighChic

Yeah, aeroponics are a pain in da butt to me. I had a set-up and it was really loud, sounded like a garden fountain. YOu do have to babysit it all the time, ph levels and such. I prefer soil less mix, it's simple and easy for me.

T

todgerdelburro

What I mean by a regular hydro is what others refer to as a bucket system. The only real difficulty in a true aeroponic system that I have come across is clogged jets. But I find that if I clean out my system everytime between grows that I do not have that problem.
I am going to be building a complete tower grow system for one of my friends overseas and I will document it with pictures so that those of you that have enough "cojones" to deal with a few hundred clones can see substantial increases in productivity. Definitely not for the faint of heart as this delves in "Fed Time" quantities here in the states. Think of a sea of green vertically completely going around the bulbs instead of just on one side......

High KG,

Very interesting, keep yourself safe from the Fed MOFOs and please do post up a tower build, I dont think I am the only person who wants to see that !

Totally with you about cleaning up between crops, but plenty of stories about misters blocking up mid crop.... I guess the equipment, deployment and/or filters makes a huge difference, so always interested to hear of someone who has pulled it off happily.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Kansas grown

I too was interested in that verticle grow tower? What was your opinions on getting the 300 plant verticle colleseum grow and turning that aero? I have been looking into that for quite some time but no one is able to give me any reliable info on it?? Also what strains do you pick for these large verticle aero grows?? Thanks for the info for i too want to start switching to aero

S

sensei13

I use an aero-cloner for cuttings, got sick of hand spraying & the amount of nursing with traditional methods. Right now I use clonex with it and get about a solid 90% root rate, but with sooo much less hastle! I don't use aeroponics throughout grows because I just love the stability of coco too much.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

I use an aero-cloner for cuttings, got sick of hand spraying & the amount of nursing with traditional methods. Right now I use clonex with it and get about a solid 90% root rate, but with sooo much less hastle! I don't use aeroponics throughout grows because I just love the stability of coco too much.

I have found this method to work for me as well. I have tried soil, rockwool, and Rapid Rooters, for cloning. Aerocloning is working the best for me. And coco gives me the "I am in control" feeling. I like to do the driving. Peace

G

GroHi

Giddeon~ hope this isn't too late, but... omg! You are talking about mixing two somewhat difficult methods all at once... switching to a VertiSOG + going aero. WOW, talk about making something about as difficult as one possibly could right out of the gate...?

The verti you will be down with, no doubt... by crop 3, old hat. Aero... please give some consideration to "Total Crop Failure" as a possible outcome... a very possible one... Peace brother.

Giddeon

Giddeon

GroHi~No its not too late just thinking of possible ideas to expand my garden, I currently have moms in a aero system I built (which since running i have had no problems) and the growth there is exponentially more vigorous than any of the other plant in the garden. I haven't however flowered aeroponically yet. (only every other type of hydro setup there is out there so now its time) I do have a pretty good understanding of mixing nutrients properly for hydro applications which I feel should really help me with reservoir care in future aeroponic grows. or am i wrong?

J

Jalisco Kid

I love aero grew many years that way. Plant count will take your freedom away. There is no system worth that risk. Check out krusty buckets or a dwc, or my system that is like the first 2 plus aero. Grow 2-3 lb plants rather then a lot of little ones. JK

20north

most places have a limit on plants for medical users so aeroponics is kind of out of the question unless one dosent care about ones laws

S

Sway

i grew aero for years, but recently switched back to a soilless hempy's mix in seperate containers. the problem with aero to me is you cant run a perpetual garden unless u have multiple aero setups and a large area with tons of lights. when the plants are in individual containers, i can run a truely perpetual garden and cut down plants every 2 weeks. and ive done side by side studies with aero to hempys, and hempys really is no slouch with growth rates compared to aero.

fractal

fractal

The aeroponics guys are probably busy obsessively checking the timers on their water pumps. Then they are busy trimming the massive harvest and then they are busy buying expensive watercraft with the proceeds from their massive harvest of aero pot. 3 pounds a light, flat garden, oh yeah.

t.o.med

t.o.med

too true fractal lol. i had a 30 light aero a few years back in a stadium setup talk about being a slave never again.the cops tried to make me look like the king pin of crime in court.no more 2000 plus plant counts for me.

J

Jalisco Kid

Nuttso I thought my sys are expensive.Nice looking though. I love aero but if I went into it again I would go back to using 8" pvc pipe and install my own misters. It is just too expensive for me at the ranch because of our heat I would need some huge chillers. Even if I went with an ammonia sys it would take a long time to get my money back. I just bought 8 hectares for a nursery this month.JK

nuttso

nuttso

agrihouse are the one that researched this for the nasa. if u speak about true areoponics. then u speak about agrihouse.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow Jalisco kids that will be one heck of a nursery!!

Top Bottom