Why is it called Chow Mix?

• Thread starter organicness
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
organicness

organicness

I can't find anything out about where the name comes from, so figured I'd ask. Just curious.

psilobuds

psilobuds

i have no idea what it even is. never come across it here in oz.

organicness

organicness

Ahh... that's a riot. haha thanks!

And, one more Q, what do people do when the grow is over and they have all of this mix? Do they just rinse off the hydroton and reuse that with new coco?

organicness

organicness

Just what I thought, thanks for the confirmation on that.

K

kushtrees

Usually chow mix refers to hydroton and coco croutons so it looks like the dry dog food, but I like the wet/ dry dog food mix

I've been lazy lately and just started wih new hydroton and new coco, but this time I'm only keeping the hydroton and getting new coco, that's probably the easiest in terms of reusing

deep buddy

deep buddy

i just use the same mix 2 to 3 times then toss. dont even repot just cut out old plant and stick new one in.:)

K

kushtrees

For real?

I couldn't even plant a clone in my used mix. The pots look like mostly roots when I'm done

nebulius

nebulius

i reuse coco too, but rinse, let dry, soak in hygrozyme(help breakdown roots), rinse, then amend with organic fert. and repot.
whew, that was a lot of work.

J

Jalisco Kid

I get more weight with new mixes. Way more then it costs, pays for itself. I used to have my guys use 2 sets of buckets. We would soak the buckets in bennies 3 weeks before the next round.1st we ran hot water thru till the ppm's dropped. JK

4Degrees

4Degrees

oh yeah man it gets better each time and the new roots eat the old roots esp. if you innoculate w/ bennies, try at least one time youll thank me.

Definitely going to try it. Sounds like I'll save time and money. What size pots are you running?

growinman

growinman

Definitely going to try it. Sounds like I'll save time and money. What size pots are you running?
So did you go this route?--->and if so, what you think?----->spot I am in right now; but thinking better to take no chances and run with new....how'd it go?? And what size pots you use?
gman

Top Bottom