Why isn't my Cannabis Changing Color? (Anthoycins, Purple Haze)?

• Thread starter SunshineSupergirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

I am concerned.

So far after adjusting night temperatures down to 65-70 and day time to about 75-80 , there's no real changes in color.

LED strength is at 60% now, with 11 Hour Days.

The colas are developing really nicely and getting nice and fat and there's definitely a lot of crystals, and each and every day there is more trichomes.

Does my Purple Haze just need more time?
Am I doing anything wrong?
Is it possible that it simply just won't change color even though the genetics are there?
Maybe its a nutrient issue? I've heard about stuff called "Purplenator" so wondering about that.

I believe my plant only has a few weeks left of growth so I'm curious as to what's going to happen.

2Bad

2Bad

I am concerned.

So far after adjusting night temperatures down to 65-70 and day time to about 75-80 , there's no real changes in color.

LED strength is at 60% now, with 11 Hour Days.

The colas are developing really nicely and getting nice and fat and there's definitely a lot of crystals, and each and every day there is more trichomes.

Does my Purple Haze just need more time?
Am I doing anything wrong?
Is it possible that it simply just won't change color even though the genetics are there?
Maybe its a nutrient issue? I've heard about stuff called "Purplenator" so wondering about that.

I believe my plant only has a few weeks left of growth so I'm curious as to what's going to happen.
Yea probably need more time.. usually turns purple when its done taking nutrients ime. Also not all "purple" strains necessarily turn purple

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Yea probably need more time.. usually turns purple when its done taking nutrients ime. Also not all "purple" strains necessarily turn purple
How can you tell when a plant is done taking nutrients?

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

This isn't anything scientific but when my plants pistils change and the buds mature I start to get the Fall colors.
I have a few Brown pistols and most of my trichomes are either clear or cloudy.

See I guess it's just going to take more time.

I'm going to assume that when my trichomes start to turn Amber that that would be around the same time that the purple hues should come out.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You can encourage fade and color changes with lower temps like you are, but also stopping nutes, and also UVA and UVB will bring out the colors.

Genetics plays a huge role too.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

You can encourage fade and color changes with lower temps like you are, but also stopping nutes, and also UVA and UVB will bring out the colors.

Genetics plays a huge role too.
Yeah I was just about to stop the nutrients but I realized it's just not quite there yet so I'm going to fertilize it one more time and then I'm going to flush it out.

This was my first grow so it was hard to gauge, when things need to happen.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Actually that's not true.

Anthocyanins have benefits.💜
And then there is this. Although approved to color foods and beverages in the European Union, anthocyanins are not approved for use as a food additive because they have not been verified as safe when used as food or supplement ingredients.[4] There is no conclusive evidence that anthocyanins have any effect on human biology or diseases.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah I was just about to stop the nutrients but I realized it's just not quite there yet so I'm going to fertilize it one more time and then I'm going to flush it out.

This was my first grow so it was hard to gauge, when things need to happen.
Hi, If you want them to change color then give them 0 ppm water....IE: distilled or a good RO water.....within a few days after O water they'll start to fade....O water again at that time and they'll yellow and die off.
Best time for good color in the plants is when night temps drop into the low 60's. I get that through our winters but there's not a lot of color change now with night time lows high 60's low 70's.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

And then there is this. Although approved to color foods and beverages in the European Union, anthocyanins are not approved for use as a food additive because they have not been verified as safe when used as food or supplement ingredients.[4] There is no conclusive evidence that anthocyanins have any effect on human biology or diseases.
Well they're part of nature and even if it's not conclusive it's still a wonderful thing that it creates those hues.

If anything it adds to the allure of the buds and people tend to pay more for buds that have interesting colors.

The same as like eating a purple carrot or something.

Things that are usually one color and then all of a sudden they see something different and it drives the market.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Hi, If you want them to change color then give them 0 ppm water....IE: distilled or a good RO water.....within a few days after O water they'll start to fade....O water again at that time and they'll yellow and die off.
Best time for good color in the plants is when night temps drop into the low 60's. I get that through our winters but there's not a lot of color change now with night time lows high 60's low 70's.
That doesn't seem like a good idea.

Why would I want them to yellow and die off?

Why would I want them to fade?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Well they're part of nature and even if it's not conclusive it's still a wonderful thing that it creates those hues.

If anything it adds to the allure of the buds and people tend to pay more for buds that have interesting colors.

The same as like eating a purple carrot or something.

Things that are usually one color and then all of a sudden they see something different and it drives the market.
Not saying there not pretty and the wow factor isn’t there for a unknowelgeable buyer. I grow for me and color has no effect on plant potency. It’s just bling but if you enjoy it and have fun growing your plants then cool, please by all means I hope you have great success in bringing on the color. But IMO it’s just that, color. Me I’m fine with green.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I can fully understand the desire for colorful plants. Once you have a few, that desire will disappear. The do make great pictures, though.

IMO, the best weed has green bracts, no matter what the color the leaves might be.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

I can fully understand the desire for colorful plants. Once you have a few, that desire will disappear. The do make great pictures, though.

IMO, the best weed has green bracts, no matter what the color the leaves might be.
Actually I want to grow exclusively purple buds 😇💜💜💜

My goal is to grow a many different purple strains.

I'm going to specialize in purple. ☮️

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
And it's safe to finish off with the distilled water?

When exactly would you start using it?
After your last feed, when it needs liquid again give it 0 and they start to go, just keep giving it to them until they're done....If I feed them my well water at 122ppm I don't get the rabid color change at the end.

Latest posts

Top Bottom