Wierd Buds.

• Thread starter TheRemer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheRemer

TheRemer

Today was a big day for her, I chopped her down. So happy with her, made me so proud, I never would have thought an average Joe like me could be a part of something like this, I love you Mary Jane.

IMG 20170405 171045
Junk

Junk

Masking tape for when I was training her hard, the stocks cracked a bit. Masking tape rips off easy after she's healed.
I take copper wire and bend/cut it to get the weight I want, then I shape it like a candy cane and hook it on the branch I want to train. Ala...
20160119 180444 1

It's super fast, and once you shape them, you have them forever, so I just have a bucket full of them. You can train a whole room full of plants in minutes. Plus you can hook 2 on, in different spots on the branch to train it a specific way, or if you need more weight etc. Hang 10 of them if you want.

I'll never tie or tape again. I don't want to say I invented this method....but I've never seen it before ; )

Drying, everyone does differently. Personally, while the plant is still in the ground (so you don't have to hold it up), I remove all the fans with my hands. Then I strategically cut branches off so that it leaves a /\ and I just hook that on the hanger (or whatever it's going on).

I also trim while it's wet (before I hang it) so when it's done, it's just bud removal. I've tried it all sorts of ways, and for me, this feels like the most efficient.

But those little copper wires like in the pic...training has never been so easy.

TheRemer

TheRemer

Thanks for the in
I take copper wire and bend/cut it to get the weight I want, then I shape it like a candy cane and hook it on the branch I want to train. Ala...
View attachment 688424

It's super fast, and once you shape them, you have them forever, so I just have a bucket full of them. You can train a whole room full of plants in minutes. Plus you can hook 2 on, in different spots on the branch to train it a specific way, or if you need more weight etc. Hang 10 of them if you want.

I'll never tie or tape again. I don't want to say I invented this method....but I've never seen it before ; )

Drying, everyone does differently. Personally, while the plant is still in the ground (so you don't have to hold it up), I remove all the fans with my hands. Then I strategically cut branches off so that it leaves a /\ and I just hook that on the hanger (or whatever it's going on).

I also trim while it's wet (before I hang it) so when it's done, it's just bud removal. I've tried it all sorts of ways, and for me, this feels like the most efficient.

But those little copper wires like in the pic...training has never been so easy.
information mang. I'll try it next time.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I do this too and I agree it is the best method ever. Similar to some bonsai training methods but definitely underutilized with cannabis. Heavier gauge wire is best if you can afford it. I think I had some scrap after running a dryer line and used that but I anchor into soil and needed the rigidity.

Last edited:
m8ty

m8ty

The last thing I did when they started there change is I was there lighting was delayed three hours, I feed them tap water mixed with thrive alive b 1, I have them 18 inches under a 600 w mh, Wich has a dimmable ballast at 75percent. A isolating fan constantly on em.
I saw the same thing happen when I water flowering plants with supper thrive B1, the leaf in the buds deform and get huge, I've never fed supper thrive to flowering plants since.

TheRemer

TheRemer

I do this too and I agree it is the best method ever. Similar to some bonsai training methods but definitely underutilized with cannabis. Heavier gauge wire is best if you can afford it. I think I had some scrap after running a dryer line and used that but I anchor into soil and needed the rigidity.
I am excited to hear that. I'm all about lst. I even tried lst my buds in flower.

Bannacis

Bannacis

View attachment 688424

I used fish hooks with sinkers attached, same principle. or pipe cleaners work also. no like tape...

Junk

Junk

Thats exactly where I got most of mine.

Even the sturdiest of plants it works with. I don't have a pic but I'll spiral the end of it around a broom handle, and then put a hook on the end, I can train even the most massive of plants.

My plants look like Christmas trees lol.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Do not use thrive during flower. Stop one week prior to flip. Follow the directions a 1L bottle will last a long time. It's a great product. Especially after your train or w/e you do. It helps them rebound after stress or not go through a down period at all after training.

Top Bottom