Wifi camera for tent with night vision?

• Thread starter Growgod420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growgod420

Growgod420

I was about to buy a wifi camera with night vision to monitor my plants but I have a question will the night vision mess with dark times since they glow red? I'd appreciate the feedback before I buy!!!

Reklax

Reklax

You'll be fine my friend, Infrared light is very low energy anyway I don't even think it's involved in photosynthesis

fishbuds

fishbuds

You'll be fine my friend, Infrared light is very low energy anyway I don't even think it's involved in photosynthesis
have you added light to your flower room with no trouble? Because, any light in my flower tent would cause a problem even for the best genetics.

Growgod420

Growgod420

No, always as dark as physically possible
Will get the regular ones without the night vision but green led lights I think will do amazing with the cam at night time!!! The reason wanna do a video of the whole grow in time lapse with my photo grow coming in weeks!!!

fishbuds

fishbuds

I was about to buy a wifi camera with night vision to monitor my plants but I have a question will the night vision mess with dark times since they glow red? I'd appreciate the feedback before I buy!!!
Don't add ANY light to your flower room. Of any sort,.

As a matter of fact, stand/sit in there for 15 minutes after lights out. Then you will know if there is any light in there.

Not my idea, just regurgitating ;)

Reklax

Reklax

Will get the regular ones without the night vision but green led lights I think will do amazing with the cam at night time!!! The reason wanna do a video of the whole grow in time lapse with my photo grow coming in weeks!!!
That would be cool! The ones I've seen have been daytime only

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
I have 2 old cell phones as cameras in my tent. I'm using Alfred app. But I had to make sure it was totally dark, no battery or message indicators. But they are not night vision!

Heywood

Heywood

... Once you see what plants do when the lights go out, you can't unsee it...

Haha - you are right. :)

At any rate, I just flipped my girls to flower today and I am going to use my Dlink camera to occasionally monitor using the infrared light that is integrated with the camera.
The IR's are not on all the time. Only when I activate the camera.

When the Spider Farmer comes on tonight, I will put blackout tape over about half of the camera IR's, as these are providing quite a bit of contrast as is.

I've used these on a previous grow and it didn't seem to affect flowering one way or another.

An added benefit of the infrared is that you will easily see any flying insects, no matter how small they are.
Infrared 416

Latest posts

Top Bottom