Wild Brazillian Girls

• Thread starter convex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
convex

convex

A friend vacationed in Brazil last winter and brought back a couple of seeds for me.

No idea if it's a native Brazillian strain or commercial import - but definately Sativa.

Only one germed and broke surface, and quickly stalled.
After 2 months I was able to get 2 tiny clones from her that shot roots in barely 5 days - I promptly tossed the stunted donor.

Veg'd 3 weeks until 6-8 inches of good new growth then flipped - WOOSH - STAND BACK!

These girls have stretched to the ceiling in 3 weeks.
Had to expand my space to accomodate them, as well as strip my lights of thier hoods and hang them vertical.

Hopefully the bulk of stretch has subsided or they will be bent and trained further.

The pair are in a 15 gallon recirculating tub, 4 or 5 inch net pots (I never measured 'em) and a handful of hydrotron.

A 75 gph pump drives a 1/2 pvc manifold that recirculates water to the surface and aerates (same idea as a livewell). I also spud off the manifold and add drip lines until roots plunge. A double outlet air pump to a bubble wand and a 1/2" drain valve.

I call them HOT tubs (High Oxygenation and Turnover) - hoping to get some of the benefits of undercurrent but with a single vessel. Thinking ahead, I can change the drain to a return line and add a remote rez and top feed the manifold if I wish to expand.

I think that is all the details for now, here is a peak at the Brazillian Babes.

Brazil2
Brazil
Brazil
Roots1
Roots2
TortureKill

TortureKill

Jesus christ! Those are huge! Now what? Can u put them outdoors?

convex

convex

I should add:

Lighting: Vertical 600W GreenPower HPS, 430W Son T Agro, 400W MH.
Nutrients: light feeders so far - 550 PPM PBP Bloom, Foiliared with biobizz fish first 2 weeks of bloom.

6X7X6 room
6" (420CFM) Hurricane can fan w/Carbon filter
Day temp 72-78 Night temp 60-65 RH 60-65

3 weeks in - lets see how they do!

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice plants man! hope they pump out some goods buds for ya, in a feasible amount of time :)

Do you know where did your friend collect these seeds in Brazil? If it was in the Southeast, South, it's most likely Paraguayan. If it's from the Northeast, North, it's most likely Brazilian.

These seeds are usually a gamble, you can sometimes find some really nice gems.

Flowering times vary, from 9-10 weeks all the way to 18+ weeks, but most (of the Paraguayan/Southern Brazilian varieties) are usually ready in 12-13 weeks. The plants from the North are usually longer flowering sativas.

convex

convex

Nice plants man! hope they pump out some goods buds for ya, in a feasible amount of time :)

Do you know where did your friend collect these seeds in Brazil? If it was in the Southeast, South, it's most likely Paraguayan. If it's from the Northeast, North, it's most likely Brazilian.

These seeds are usually a gamble, you can sometimes find some really nice gems.

Flowering times vary, from 9-10 weeks all the way to 18+ weeks, but most (of the Paraguayan/Southern Brazilian varieties) are usually ready in 12-13 weeks. The plants from the North are usually longer flowering sativas.

I don't remember exactly where he said he was. I do know he was caving in the UNESCO reserve - that is in the N.E. isn't it? Buddy is travelling again, but hopefully I can find out exactly when he next visits me.

Buddy said it whacked his head pretty damned good
10 weeks or 20 weeks I will take them to the end ...

Hmmm 'whacked' ... Hmmm Brazilian ...
Thats the girls new name - Brazilian Whacks!!

Irish

Irish

lol convex. that title grabbed me in here quick. lol. was expectin' ta see some dark tanned booty, only ta find out it's much better. lol. those babes are smoking hot...

E

Easyrasta

looking mighty find bro,
even better than a chick in a thong that i pictured
peace
Ez

B

Boots Sugarleaf

damn dude!

you better start trellisin' those ladies to the walls and go horizontal with the growth!

I'll be watchin this one

convex

convex

Got in touch with Mrs. Buddy - she says these were found in some bud that they smoked in Serra da Capivara National Park. Hopefully local bud ;)

convex

convex

Day 30 or so ... we have bud set!

Vertical growth has stopped, or at least slowed considerably at about 6 feet - good thing as that's the ceiling ;)

convex

convex

Thanks for dropping by guys - hopefully I will keep this updated weekly.

Cheers

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hmmm 'whacked' ... Hmmm Brazilian ...
Thats the girls new name - Brazilian Whacks!!
Girls from Ipanema. Samba Girls. Super Samba Girls.

I betcha the buds are gonna wrap the stalks like rope. Tight.

I'm glad they've stopped stretching on you, or that tent would become the Little Shop Of Horrors.

convex

convex

Day 37 - girls now have a chicken wire fence to lean against - they can train themselves to it ;)
Still happy with light feed ~ 650 PPM
I wish I had a better cam for macros ... The stems are getting a HEAVY coat of trichomes too.

Looks like the buds are gonna be cobs!

HPIM0644
HPIM0645
Top Bottom